Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Cake maker refused to provide services to a lesbian couple

I remember a while back we had almost the exact same discussion in someone refusing to sell a wedding dress to a couple. When will people learn? If you do business with the public you are going to come across people who do not share the same religious views as you. If you believe in your views that strongly do not open a business where you have to deal with the general public or better yet stay in your house, stay off the web, do not use the phone, be a hermit and cut off all outside communication with the rest of the world.

http://pamshouseblend.firedoglake.co...broke-the-law/
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See j80rice's Items on eBay

I remember a while back we had almost the exact same discussion in someone refusing to sell a wedding dress to a couple. When will people learn? If you do business with the public you are going to come across people who do not share the same religious views as you. If you believe in your views that strongly do not open a business where you have to deal with the general public or better yet stay in your house, stay off the web, do not use the phone, be a hermit and cut off all outside communication with the rest of the world.

http://pamshouseblend.firedoglake.co...broke-the-law/

so anyone who has a strong opinion that differs from yours should just stay home and be excluded from the world?

SCF Rewards
    Country

so anyone who has a strong opinion that differs from yours should just stay home and be excluded from the world?

Again you are putting words in my mouth. If your line of works requires you to have any dealing with the public and I would imagine that most jobs do, sooner or later you are going to run across someone who dosent agree with you in one form or fashion. If you cannot handle doing business with someone who dosen't believe in the same things that you believe in and those beliefs have nothing to do with the business transacation that you are trying to complete that mabey just mabey you are in the wrong line of work and should look for a profession that does not require you to deal with the general public or better yet leave the house.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

how narrow minded of them. I wonder if they refuse service to people who have been arrested or have DUIs or any other sort of thing that they don't like personally? I'd bet that they don't and that they don't have a clue. It's sick to think that there are people out there that are so afraid of same sex couples. at least I assume they are afraid for some reason or another. Stupid business move if you ask me.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

Is that the best you could come up with?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Is that the best you could come up with?

based on his post, yeah. i am 100% against the cake makers and I agree that they are dumb for doing it. However, people are allowed to deny business to anyone they want. Maybe they face backlash for it and maybe they don't. If I owned a business, i would refuse service to someone who was openly racist. Does that mean i should just close up shop and be a hermit if I am not willing to serve everyone?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

based on his post, yeah. i am 100% against the cake makers and I agree that they are dumb for doing it. However, people are allowed to deny business to anyone they want. Maybe they face backlash for it and maybe they don't. If I owned a business, i would refuse service to someone who was openly racist. Does that mean i should just close up shop and be a hermit if I am not willing to serve everyone?

Why?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Two initial reasons. I dont care to spend a lot of time with overtly racist people and I wouldnt want to lose other potential customers.
    I am not drawing parallels to this case because I dont know them or agree with them. My issue with veggiemans post is that people have a right to refuse service. Doesnt mean tbey shouldnt be welcome in society.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Two initial reasons. I dont care to spend a lot of time with overtly racist people and I wouldnt want to lose other potential customers.
    I am not drawing parallels to this case because I dont know them or agree with them. My issue with veggiemans post is that people have a right to refuse service. Doesnt mean tbey shouldnt be welcome in society.

If you run a business you do have the right to refuse service to someone who is making a scene or is doing something that is a detriment to your business. Such as intimidating customers, being loud cursing in your place of business, or just being plain obnoxious then yes refuse business and ban them from your shop. But how is another consenting adults sexual preference any business to a business owner? Can someone please explain to me how selling a wedding cake and/or dress to a gay couple can hurt your business?

SCF Rewards
    Country

If you run a business you do have the right to refuse service to someone who is making a scene or is doing something that is a detriment to your business. Such as intimidating customers, being loud cursing in your place of business, or just being plain obnoxious then yes refuse business and ban them from your shop. But how is another consenting adults sexual preference any business to a business owner? Can someone please explain to me how selling a wedding cake and/or dress to a gay couple can hurt your business?

i purposely said i wasn't drawing a parallel. i have no idea how it could hurt your business. i am on record as saying i think the people were wrong. however, they have that right. who are we to say they have no place in society because we disagree with them?

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast