Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Mall monitoring shoppers by tapping into their cell phones

Be very careful. Big brother is watching your every move.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...ellphones.html
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See j80rice's Items on eBay

wow, usually i am of the "i have nothing to hide so whatever" school of thought but this just doesn't seem to sit right with me. We aren't talking about government looking out for terrorist attacks or intel, we are talking about a retail entity. While I still have nothing to hide, this would bother me

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Blowout (44)
    Country
    Cincinnati Reds Texas Rangers

Good reason to throw away the cell phones along with all that other hi-tech crap. On a side note Big Brother has been watching for the last 20 years!!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

The fact that this can be done by anyone is troubling. Malls today, police tomorrow, CIA next week.

Anybody want to place an over/under on how long it takes for law enforcement to start using this to identify who was in the area when a crime happened? Or to identify witnesses to a crime and force them to testify?

I have said it before, I repeat it again. Our civil rights are being infringed upon little by little and we are being lulled to sleep by the small incriments that it happens in. We are quickly headed towards being a full-blown police state.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Blowout (44)
    Country

The fact that this can be done by anyone is troubling. Malls today, police tomorrow, CIA next week.

Anybody want to place an over/under on how long it takes for law enforcement to start using this to identify who was in the area when a crime happened? Or to identify witnesses to a crime and force them to testify?

I have said it before, I repeat it again. Our civil rights are being infringed upon little by little and we are being lulled to sleep by the small incriments that it happens in. We are quickly headed towards being a full-blown police state.

I knew this for over 20 years which is why I associate myself the Patriots WWJD-What Would Jefferson Do?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

WWJD-What Would Jefferson Do?

OMG!!! I need that on a t-shirt. I am asking for that for Christmas. Seriously.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Blowout (44)
    Country

If that's not sarcasm then I thought you may like these 2 choices!!

http://www.cafepress.com/+what_would...hirt,385246397
    http://www.zazzle.com/what_would_jef...79792561201987

BANNED

Country
    See lindat32's Items on eBay

Its a shame the American public is to cowardly to stop it, it's how we got here in the first place.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mitcwolf's Items on eBay

They said the computer monitoring does not invade the privacy of shopping, adding that the program does not collect any personal data from the cellphones.

I know I am being niave here but if this part is true I wouldnt have a problem with it. I honestly think something like this could be used to direct traffic and proved a safer enviroment.... That said I dont like the idea of it because it cant be hard to take it to the next level and collect data or hack into phones.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

It was definitely not sarcasm. Thanks for the links!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast