Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Alternatives to ROMLB

SCF Rewards
    Country

Alternatives to ROMLB

A few questions for experienced autograph hounds. Are there any cheaper alternatives to ROMLBs that produce good lasting autographs? I used Trump Signature Series with some decent success in the past but can't find them for sale at a decent price any more. Is there a site I'm missing? Is there an equivalant to them out there? I use ROMLBs for good autographs (HOFers) but I need something cheaper for the lesser name guys that aren't worth a $15 ball. I appreciate your time and tips. Thanks.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The answer is no. You have to use a ROMLB. China balls will bleed and fade in the blink of an eye. Trust me, I used cruddy team balls for years before realizing that they would all disappear.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Look for Trump Signature Series baseballs. There are still some bouncing around Amazon. They run like $3-4 each and are a leather baseball.
    Hidden Content ~ best SCF feature ever!
    Go Mets, Colts, Reds and The Ohio State University
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah, I went through a dozen Trump balls and had good luck but can't find them anymore. I see the non-signature kind on Amazon and a guy has a couple of the Signature kind on ebay but wants too much for them. I guess if anyone runs across a site selling anymore of the Trump balls, PLMK. Thanks.

SCF Rewards
    Country

If you use ROLB1 Balls they are ok, not great they dont fade as much because they are leather but they do fine for lower guys

SCF Rewards
    Country

I use Ripken League balls for lower guys. The balls are made of real leather and a 2 pack costs 8 bucks at Modells or Dicks.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Phillykid- Haven't tried those. Have you any for a couple of years? Color still holding? Thanks for the tip.

Jake- ROLB1- I'm a little new to this part of collecting (more of a card guy), is the ROLB3 the one that everyone was up in arms about fading? You've had guys hold for a while on a ROLB1? Thanks for the info!

SCF Rewards
    Country

If you use ROLB1 Balls they are ok, not great they dont fade as much because they are leather but they do fine for lower guys

Tell that to my Jim Rice auto I got the day after he was inducted for $70...

The answer...as it has been in the other 45 similar topics...is no there is no alternative. Even the old Rawlings Official National/American League Balls have toning problems(find a lily white one though and they are fantastic). The best option is the Trump Sig Balls but even those aren't that wonderful. Otherwise its ROMLB or burning whatever money you spend on any other ball.