Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

I don't buy the Ron Paul Hype

I watched the GOP debate last week. I will say I was impressed with Paul. He did really well and he made some points I totally agree with. Out of all of the GOP contenders, if somebody from the GOP has to win, I support Huntsman but Paul would be fine as well as I do like his policy on the Patriot Act, our wars and Israel.

But Ron Paul is in the same position Obama was three years ago. As if he was the messiah. People think Ron Paul is the true answer to America when no one person truely is the answer. Who is to say Congress won't resist to Paul the way Congress has resisted Obama? How do we know Ron Paul will become president WITHOUT being bought? Obama was bought. All of these politicians have been bought- including Paul. He has been in Congress for the last 14 years. There is no "outsider" in this race.

I just want a president who will stick to their guns and won't be bought and controlled by special interest groups and corporations. Ron Paul might mean well but if he gets into the White House I expect more of the same.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Miami Dolphins New York Mets Miami Heat
    See FLIHGH's Items on eBay

How do we know any candidate will succeed? Did anyone actually know Lincoln would be one of the best Presidents of all time? It's all guess-and-check.

FWIW, I am hoping Paul wins.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm not talking about succeeding, I am talking about the more of the same. Was Lincoln bought 150 years ago? Did the special interest groups control HIM?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Miami Dolphins New York Mets Miami Heat
    See FLIHGH's Items on eBay

I'm not talking about succeeding, I am talking about the more of the same. Was Lincoln bought 150 years ago? Did the special interest groups control HIM?

I was basing my comment off of this:

People think Ron Paul is the true answer

From what I have heard him say, he will not back down when Congress tells him 'no'. He hasn't changed any of his ideas significantly from years ago when he began running, I believe, unlike others.

SCF Rewards
    Country

And what I am saying is there are people who really do believe Ron Paul is the answer. As if he will cure all of our problems. And just like how people found out Obama doesn't walk on water, they will soon find out Ron Paul doesn't either. How many times do people get behind a certain candidate, sometimes they get elected and then it turns out different?

Why should I believe Ron Paul actually will create jobs? Why should I believe we will finally get out of this mess with ANYBODY in there?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I understand where you are coming from and agree wholeheartedly. The simple reality is that money controls the world. You can take the most pure candidate and give him 6 months in office and he will be in someone's pocket.

Obama is clearly in the pocket of the "green" energy people. Bush had obvious interests in big oil companies. The next president will be just as corruptable if he/she isn't already corrupted by the time he/she is sworn in.

You make a valid point concerning Paul getting anything done. His ideas are considered somewhere between radical and unreasonable and will definitely get some resistance if he is POTUS, especially since everyone is Congress and the Senate is already in someone's pocket.

Remember the good ole days when it was possible to become POTUS without a 7 figure bank account? (OK, maybe not remember but at least we can read about it in history books LOL)

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well in some way it was possible. But think of Andrew Jackson, he BECAME rich by marrying a rich wife.

I just wish somebody in Congress would step up, say lobbying is wrong and pass legislation to outlaw lobbying and restrict campaign contributions.

Personally me, if I was running for President, I would only accept donations up to $100 from regular people and small businesses. No corporations like Solyndra or Sachs.

Here is the problem, I would never get elected.

I LOL at the people who call Cain an outsider since he was chairman of the Federal Reserve in K.C.

I more than likely will be voting for Obama in 2012. I don't expect Huntsman or Paul to be the nominee. They are the only two I could stand.

And the way Congress plays their games with Obama, I would expect the same thing under supposed President Paul only the party roles reversed.

Ron Paul has great ideas: let's see if they are actually implemented. We are screwed. Screwed. Screwed.

If Perry, Bachmann, Santorum, Gingrich, Romney or Cain becomes President please help us all!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

And the way Congress plays their games with Obama, I would expect the same thing under supposed President Paul only the party roles reversed.

Most of the members of Congress got their jobs by running on a platform of changing the way things had been done during the first 2 years of Obama's administration.

By "playing games" they are doing what they promised, something that few politicians do anymore.

If you think that Congress' job is to just comply and give the president everything he wants then you need to check again. And clearly a Dem controlled Congress, Senate and White House didn't accomplish much either, so I don't see the problem.

SCF Rewards
    Country

When did I say that was the job of the Congress? They are allowed to debate things but they are resisting everything. First they kill Obama's jobs bill then they turn around and crucify him over jobs.

McConell HIMSELF said his number one goal was to make sure Obama is a one term president and that he will work with Obama if Obama gives into him. That's not gameplaying? His number one goal is to unseat Obama? Not create jobs, not find a way to handle the deficit but to unseat Obama? That is partisan to the core.

These are the same people who blasted Obama right out of the gates about a lack of job creation and it's been twelve months since the midterm elections and have we gotten any better? Have any jobs been created like the Republicans promised? It's more of the same.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See freethrowtommy's Items on eBay

I honestly think that he is the best option the Republicans have...
    I love that he wants to:

• Revoke corporate personhood
    • End federal domestic surveillance
    • End the War on Drugs
    • Vastly reduce the size and use of the military
    • Give more power back to the States (rather than Federal Government)

He isn't the messiah and I still can't figure out how this got attached to Obama... just because someone is "popular" in the mainstream doesn't mean that he should be attached with this title... it is kind of stupid.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast