Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See oilfan10's Items on eBay

Is it wrong that this is what I will remember Boudreau for?

SCF Rewards
    Country

It will lead to another early playoff exit. Ovi is a great player, but an AWFUL captain. Watch Ovi in the playoffs. He seems to say "Forget everyone else, I'll do it all myself". And he makes some great plays. But in the meantime, he's not letting players like Mike Green, John Carlson and Nicklas Backstrom play their game. And unlike a good captain, he can't seem to get everyone around him to step their game up. As long as he wears the "C", the Caps will go nowhere.

In any other situation I would agree with you 100%. However, Ovy is a different cat. If he were in my team, I would tell him to do everything himself. I watched the Caps play desperate hockey during the playoffs versus Montreal. And yes, Ovy was doing everything himself. He was getting legitimate chances on net. Halak - unfortunately for the Caps - was just too hot at the time.

And all this talk about Boudreau getting to 200 wins the fastest is complete hogwash. Truly is. I can get to 200 wins with that kind of talent on the bench with my eyes closed. The problem - in my opinion - with Boudreau is that he let his ego clash with Ovy's ego. He thought he was above Ovy. Ovy runs the town. He gets the goals, gets on the highlight reels, makes the fans watch = national tv exposure, more butts in the seats, merchandise revenue, etc. Without Ovy, Washington is just another ghost town.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

In any other situation I would agree with you 100%. However, Ovy is a different cat. If he were in my team, I would tell him to do everything himself. I watched the Caps play desperate hockey during the playoffs versus Montreal. And yes, Ovy was doing everything himself. He was getting legitimate chances on net. Halak - unfortunately for the Caps - was just too hot at the time.

No way should he do everything himself. Great players should make those around them better, not render them useless. Ovechkin doesn't know how to use Washington's other weapons, period.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Ovechkin is surrounded by Thumbers that depend on him to do everything, when that does not happen, they have no idea how to behave. They have no idea what to do when he's not on top of his game, and that is not Ovechkin's problem.

Too many Caps players acting entitled is the problem.

Nothing wrong with Ovechkin, just jealously from fans who have a vested interest to see him fail.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See emersondrive13rocks's Items on eBay

Honestly Backstrom is their best all around player. Reunite Semin, Backstrom, and Ovie and let the horses lose! Get your 3rd and 4th lines to be defensive lines.

Country

backstrom is a solid two way hockey player if anyone hasnt noticed yet

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

Ovechkin is surrounded by Thumbers that depend on him to do everything, when that does not happen, they have no idea how to behave. They have no idea what to do when he's not on top of his game, and that is not Ovechkin's problem.

Too many Caps players acting entitled is the problem.

Nothing wrong with Ovechkin, just jealously from fans who have a vested interest to see him fail.

Yeah, Backstrom, Carlson and Mike Green are all awful hockey players who would be nothing without Ovechkin. That's a joke, the Caps have a lot of talent, just a lack of leadership.

To address your last point, I don't have a vested interest in seeing him fail. I think he's a really good player and is great for hockey. I just don't think he's a good leader.

Country

Yeah, Backstrom, Carlson and Mike Green are all awful hockey players who would be nothing without Ovechkin. That's a joke, the Caps have a lot of talent, just a lack of leadership.

To address your last point, I don't have a vested interest in seeing him fail. I think he's a really good player and is great for hockey. I just don't think he's a good leader.

exactly

some people just think they know so much about hockey but just prove they are clueless

SCF Rewards
    Country

Dale Hunter? Ewwwww

PIERRE TURGEON FOR THE WIN! :)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123