Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Anyone Else Find This "Ironic"?

11/22/2011 - Obama is heckled by Occupy protestors in New Hampshire
    http://articles.businessinsider.com/...t-barack-obama

11/29 & 11/30/2011 - Hundreds are arrested at NYC and LA Occupy camps as police evict them from their camps.
    http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...a-philadelphia

Am I the only one that finds it interesting that a week after Obama was heckled by these people the largest organized effort to disband them occurs?

While the Fed doesn't "appear" to be involved please note that this happened in NYC and LA on the same days, at nearly the exact same time. This was a coordinated effort and since the NYC and LA police departments would probably not intentionally coordinate their efforts it would be logical that someone higher up (Fed) was involved.

Someone will probably point out that a week passed after the heckling but it would take several days to plan this and the Thanksgiving holiday was in there too, so the planning for this probably started no less than 3-4 days ago, maybe longer, meaning planning probably started within 48-72 hours after Obama was heckled.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

11/22/2011 - Obama is heckled by Occupy protestors in New Hampshire
    http://articles.businessinsider.com/...t-barack-obama

11/29 & 11/30/2011 - Hundreds are arrested at NYC and LA Occupy camps as police evict them from their camps.
    http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...a-philadelphia

Am I the only one that finds it interesting that a week after Obama was heckled by these people the largest organized effort to disband them occurs?

While the Fed doesn't "appear" to be involved please note that this happened in NYC and LA on the same days, at nearly the exact same time. This was a coordinated effort and since the NYC and LA police departments would probably not intentionally coordinate their efforts it would be logical that someone higher up (Fed) was involved.

Someone will probably point out that a week passed after the heckling but it would take several days to plan this and the Thanksgiving holiday was in there too, so the planning for this probably started no less than 3-4 days ago, maybe longer, meaning planning probably started within 48-72 hours after Obama was heckled.

The occupy movement was not going to last forever. The gov't was going to shut them down eventually. It looks like another futile attempt by the right to find something else to blame obama for.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

Sounds like a coincidence to me. Until you can provide municipal officials claiming they were directed by the federal government to do so, I would not read anything other than coincidence in it.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

The occupy movement was not going to last forever. The gov't was going to shut them down eventually. It looks like another futile attempt by the right to find something else to blame obama for.

Sounds like a coincidence to me. Until you can provide municipal officials claiming they were directed by the federal government to do so, I would not read anything other than coincidence in it.

I wonder if you guys would see it the same way if it was a Republican president instead of Obama? I am guessing not.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country
    See AUTaxMan's Items on eBay

I doubt Obama had anything to do with shutting them down. Probably a coincidence because the protests likely started on the same day.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

I have trouble believing Obama to be that sensitive. I think it has more to do with people who own the land wanting to finally take it back.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

I don't believe that it's anything more than a coincidence. LIke posted above, everyone knew that the occupy wasn't going to last forever. I'm surprised once it got cold that the people in the colder cities would stay. It seemed like a lot of people that I saw on TV looked like they were just there because it was a thing to do rather than actually effect change. I know lots of people were there to effect change, but there had to be a lot of people there because of the fad. I would have thought the cold would send those people home.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

I wonder if you guys would see it the same way if it was a Republican president instead of Obama? I am guessing not.

FWIW, I was a fan of Reagan & Bush Sr. The only recent President I have had a problem with is Bush Jr. and I attribute that to the cronies around him more so than him. So I would have to say your guess would be wrong with respect to me.