Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See aweeks711's Items on eBay

Show & Tell Contest 4.0!

Show & Tell Contest 4.0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We all have cards that we are particularly proud of, and some of us are into the habit of sharing them in the show and tell forum. Now here's your chance to show them off AND win something for it!

Rules

1. Every week, entrants will be asked to showcase one of their cards following a pre selected theme.
    2. There will be a new thread every week which will be created by me (aweeks) in the Show & Tell Forum. My thread will state the theme for the week and the deadline for submission.
    3. Each submission must be made by a post in the thread, displaying both the card and the user ID. The picture/scan must show your handwritten user ID next to the card, this is to avoid anyone just picking any picture on eBay and saying the card is theirs.
    4. Only one submission per member per week will be allowed (unless noted), so chose wisely.
    5. A card can only be entered into 1 weekly contest. Therefore, you cannot submit the same card as best autographed card and 2 weeks later as best autographed memorabilia card. Choose when to submit the card wisely!
    6. After the deadline for entry has passed, a new thread will be created asking all members to vote on which card is the best card of this theme. They can consider any of the card’s characteristics when placing their vote: the condition of the card, the beauty or the patch/swatch, the value of the card, the print run etc…
    7. SCF staff are not permitted to enter this contest.
    8. To avoid any problems, if you edit a post which you have made to submit an entry, you will be disqualified for that week. No exceptions!

In the event of a tie, on the very last vote of the conest, whoever (of the tied members) has the most votes will win.

How Points Will Be Awarded

In each voting week, whoever has the most votes will receive 2 points in the Show & Tell standings. Second in voting will receive 1 point in the standings.

Now on to the fun stuff:

The winner of each week’s contest will be awarded 25 CC and over the life of the contest, standings will be kept. At the end of the 30 weeks, we will reward the top member with the most points with this:

PRIZES

The winner will get a choice between these two cards... with the remaining one going to the second place winner

2011-12 Panini Crown Royale Heirs To The Throne Prime 6 Taylor Hall 2-color Patch (17/50)
    2011-12 Elite Aspirations 219 Adam Henrique /99

How this Contest Affects the Race for the Price Contest

First place - 5 Points
    Second place - 4 Points
    Third place - 3 Points
    Fourth place - 2 Points
    Fifth place - 1 Point

Additionally, we will also be giving 1 point to the winner of each weeks theme... but nobody can win this extra point more than 5 times. If you are a 'winner' a 6th time.... that will still count towards the final score, but the extra point will go to the second place entry. If second place already has 5 wins as well, it will go onto the third place entry and so on and so forth.

Themes

Week 1: Best autographed card (single player, auto only. No memorabilia)
    Week 2: Best patch card (single player, single patch)
    Week 3: Best 'Panini' card
    Week 4: Best retired/HOF card (any type)
    Week 5: Best autographed memorabilia card (single player)
    Week 6: Best short printed card (all cards numbered to 25 and under admissible)
    Week 7: Best plexiglass/acetate card (i.e. Glacial Graphs, Clear Cut Winners, etc)
    Week 8: Best autographed card (multi-player, multi-auto)
    Week 9: Best insert card
    Week 10: Best Glove card
    Week 11: Best Rookie card (any "true" rookie card)
    Week 12: Best memorabilia item (non card)
    Week 13: Best vintage card
    Week 14: Best patch card (multi-player)
    Week 15: Best defenseman card (any card)
    Week 16: Best Goalie card (any type card)
    Week 17: Best original 6 card (any type of card from Montreal, Toronto, Detroit, Chicago, NY Rangers and Bruins)
    Week 18: Best complete set
    Week 19: Best Calder Winning player card (any card of a player who has won the Calder trophy in his career)
    Week 20: Best jersey card (multi-player)
    Week 21: Best Hart Vezina winner card
    Week 22: Best jersey swatch (single player, multiple OR single jersey swatch)
    Week 23: Best 'In the Game' card
    Week 24: Best 'The Cup' card
    Week 25: Best Certified Card
    Week 26: Best 1/1 card
    Week 27: Best Caption card
    Week 28: Best 'family' card (brothers, father/son, etc)
    Week 29: Best Stick card
    Week 30: Best Card with a story (Pick a card that has the best story of how you acquired it)

Sidenote: Each year, we would like to give different members an opportunity to win this contest. If you've won a theme with a card last year, we ask that out of fairness you don't enter the same card in this years Show & Tell. We won't be enforcing this rule, but the honour system would be nice... and it gives everyone a chance to see some cards they've never seen before.

This contest will begin Sunday, December 4th, 2011
    There will be a new thread created in the Show & Tell section.

Good luck to everyone!

STANDINGS

MrBlackisBack - 17 points
    Uhtred.the.viking - 15 points
    Bimola - 13 points
    GabbyGuy - 6 points
    313datsyuk313 - 5 points
    87sluggo - 5 points
    Goose97 - 4 points
    MattDMC - 4 points
    dam1057 - 4 points
    cool-vintage - 3 points
    guy3050 - 3 points
    sortguld - 3 points
    habsmtl09 - 2 points
    oilfan10 - 2 points
    mortuus - 2 points
    xelloss1012 - 2 points
    missonhocky10 - 2 points
    Satan81 - 2 points
    patrickadams26 - 2 points
    fleemur12 - 2 points
    pur3strpker0 - 2 points
    JamesGang1 - 1 point
    StanChad - 1 point
    ouell2 - 1 point
    brian045 - 1

Race for the Price points:

MrBlackisBack - 4
    Bimola - 4
    Uhtred.the.viking - 4
    GabbyGuy - 3
    Goose97 - 2
    Bimola - 3
    313datsyuk313 - 2
    dam1057 - 2
    pur3strpker0 - 1
    Satan81 - 1
    habdsmtl09 - 1
    oilfan10 - 1
    mortuus - 1
    xelloss1012 - 1
    cool-vintage - 1
    sortguld - 1
    fleemur12- 1
    MattDMC - 1
    ouell2 - 1
    87sluggo - 1
    Last edited by aweeks; 07-15-2012 at 01:42 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gambler49.geo's Items on eBay

I was hoping for the worst card catagory this year :(

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gerberlili's Items on eBay

Has this started yet?? Do not see a thread in the hockey show and tell.....

SCF Rewards
    Country

first one has been posted but the second should been up but cant see the thread..

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gerberlili's Items on eBay

That sucks....missed week 1......oh well.....

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (91)
    Country

I know it's a little early for this, but

Does this count parallels of base cards? I'm trying to enter a few of my cards in a few of these contests and I want to plan ahead I tried looking at last years' but all images were moved or deleted. LMK! Thanks!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (10)
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See xelloss1012's Items on eBay

This started a lot later than I thought and didn't even realize it started...

SCF Rewards
    Country

I know it's a little early for this, but

Does this count parallels of base cards? I'm trying to enter a few of my cards in a few of these contests and I want to plan ahead I tried looking at last years' but all images were moved or deleted. LMK! Thanks!

We won't be counting base parallels for this contest... but maybe for a future Show & Tell :)

SCF Rewards
    Country

Just so everyone knows, i've swapped week 3 and week 22... as I needed to bump the Panini category up.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (91)
    Country

We won't be counting base parallels for this contest... but maybe for a future Show & Tell :)

Ah bummer, I wanted to enter a base parallel with a 1:720 odds. Oh well, I'll enter something else for that week.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast