Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Defaultlie's Items on eBay

I agree because I know I'm part of the problem lol...

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See emersondrive13rocks's Items on eBay

It is a train wreck because of one member who going on ignore for me. I'm done with him and his opinions. Shanny got it right with 2 games for Tootoo. Too bad he got it wrong with Lucic not getting 2 games.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (3)
    Country

I'm sorry, do you know him? If so send him my condolences for daring drag his name through the mud like this with such a crazy thought.

Did you watch the Shanahan video? I know he is just "assuming" too, but I'm sure he studied way more in depth than anyone else did. He seems to side with the fact that while maybe it wasn't his intent to do it, it was still idiotic for trying to hurtle a 6 foot goalie in an attempt to avoid him....

Jordan if you're reading this I'm sure you're not really an idiot. Just don't try and jump over people anymore.

As a matter of fact, yes, I do know him, but that wasn't my point...
    I was just wondering why, we, as fans think we know everything about what happens on the ice or off the ice. We don't. I have played hockey at some level for thirty five years, but would never presume to be able to referee a game. They have a tough job, we will never be happy. That's just the way it is

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

"He just raises his arms after he makes contact to act like he was trying to avoid him.. "

This seems to be the gist of what you all feel about Tootoo, but how do we know this to be true? Has any of us talked to him? Did he tell anyone this?

Why do we always feel that we always KNOW what happened. Unless we were on the ice, we DON"T.

One thing you have to remember about message boards: EVERYTHING is an opinion unless otherwise stated.
    Which would mean we're talking about fans' opinions, which is separate from actual fact, yet still somewhat valid.

Instead of taking everything as statement of fact, true or otherwise, unless it is classified as an opinion, take everything as opinion unless otherwise stated as fact.
    It makes places like these a lot less frustrating.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Defaultlie's Items on eBay

One thing you have to remember about message boards: EVERYTHING is an opinion unless otherwise stated.
    Which would mean we're talking about fans' opinions, which is separate from actual fact, yet still somewhat valid.

Instead of taking everything as statement of fact, true or otherwise, unless it is classified as an opinion, take everything as opinion unless otherwise stated as fact.
    It makes places like these a lot less frustrating.

Agreed! When I said the quote above, it was my opinion. I really believe it, but it's still an opinion. You shouldn't have to qualify every statement you make by how much you know something to be true.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See notoriousrob101's Items on eBay

he was guided into Miller. He's a b!tch anyways.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

It was certainly not my intention for this thread to get carried away like it has.

Lol.

For those who have played Hockey for over 50 years like myself, in our day we would never run a goaltender as we'd be fed our own stick, & been beaten senseless. Whether you believe it was intentional or not, Goaltenders need to be protected when they are in their crease.

When I played, if a goalie was out of his crease he was fair game, it still did not stop that goalie's teammates from punching your lights out.

You have to be a little more assertive as a forward to try not to end up knocking a goaltender into next week, if you don't try to avoid contact, the league has taken it upon itself to police this issue, sometimes with harshness.

I'm of neither opinion on this particular matter, I am however old school, and old school tells me that if I'm Ryan Miller and I can skate, I get up and dive on top of Tootoo and hammer him, as was done the other evening.

That is all.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

No offense, just a younger POV.
    Watching old school tapes, it used to be nothing for a game to stop for an extended period of time so the players could brawl.
    I am glad that's no longer the case as brawls are fun to watch at first, but quickly get old and lead to wishing the game would start again.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112