Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

Any Financial planners as members?

I have a couple questions that I'd love to bounce of a member or 2 that is involved in finance; I'll ask them publicly but I can get into more detail privately.

1) I'm looking to start either a IRA or a brokerage account. Not sure which would be better. I know I'd have to worry about capital gains/losses with a stock account, but other than that I'm rather novice. What other tax implications do I need to be aware of?

2) I have a pension with my current employer that starting on 1/1/2015 I'll have the option to buyout (merger related). I'm 20-25 years, realistically, away from retirement and appears not to be growing any further after this year. What are some of the factors I need to consider if I want to take the buyout or let it ride to retirement?

Thanks,
    Scott

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (82)
    Country
    See jibron86's Items on eBay

i don't now anything about "IRA or a brokerage account" but i do know it is a good time to buy gold & silver.

thanks

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

There are so many factors to look at.

Who does your company use for a pension? what type of pension is it?

what are your goals for investing?

what type of risk are you comfortable with?

I would not buy gold or silver, it fluxes based on the dollar, and in no way is a sound investment, unless you are thinking of a doomsday type of senario.

most true investing can have a portion based on gold and silver, the dollar, stocks, binds, and the like. again it depends on your comfort level.

do not go in blind!