Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Country
    See lindat32's Items on eBay

Firefighters reach a disgusting new low

All i can say is wow, firefighters have sunk to a new low, disgusting and shameful. Why did they even bother to show up is my question except to possibly mock these people in some way for not paying this fee. They get enough of their $ when My tax monies pays them and their funding.

A Tennessee couple helplessly watched their home burn to the ground, along with all of their possessions, because they did not pay a $75 annual fee to the local fire department.

Vicky Bell told the NBC affiliate WPSD-TV that she called 911 when her mobile home in Obion County caught fire. Firefighters arrived on the scene but as the fire raged, they simply stood by and did nothing.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow...191241763.html

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Miami Dolphins New York Mets Miami Heat
    See FLIHGH's Items on eBay

I think you mean that fire department has sunk to a new low. Not firefighters in general.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

I think it's one in the same here. the fire fighters showed up and didn't do anything? even worse the just stood by. I get that they follow orders and orders were probably given, but I find it odd that in an emergency any first responders would be looking up if the person has their $75 fee paid. If they hadn't paid then why exactly were they even dispatched? I guess they were there in case a "subscriber's" house caught on fire because they didn't put this one out.

this quote from the mayor is sickening. "if firefighters responded to non-subscribers, no one would have an incentive to pay the fee." Are these people not paying taxes? Seems to me that they should be able to count on fire fighters to put out their house fire no matter where they stand on their tax payments.

Yes, I get the point that people should pay their taxes for these social services, but this is rather harsh in my opinion. harsh and uncalled for.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Yeah I was reading that earlier. I also blame the county for charging it's residence a fee for having access to the fire department. SMH.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

Transferred Feedback
    NSCF(1)
    Country

This was my nephew. Read the article closely, please.

http://chronicle.northcoastnow.com/2...ria-dive-team/

There have been a whole bunch of errors and mistakes made in my nephew's death...and the city did all it could to hide them...i read in a article a few days ago a little boy was under water for 30 minutes just recently and lived and there have been many others cases of the water being cold and people surviving...i believe Logan would have survived if things would have been differently (the water was cold); or that's what i like to believe...
    Last edited by Hilfiger1975; 12-07-2011 at 05:50 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

This was my nephew. Read the article closely, please.

http://chronicle.northcoastnow.com/2...ria-dive-team/

There have been a whole bunch of errors and mistakes made in my nephew's death...and the city did all it could to hide them...

Wow I'm so sorry to hear about your loss.

Transferred Feedback
    NSCF(1)
    Country

The reason i posted that was to show that it's not the Firefighters fault, but the people who CONTROL the Firefighters...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

I see your point, but think if the fighters are on the scene someone could have helped put the fire out. putting a fire out is a little different than a dive rescue in my opinion. seems a bit less specialized for any fire fighter. I'm sure the call came from a chief but he's still a fire fighter. If they drove out there they should have helped the homeowners, not sit and watch.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See greg1126817's Items on eBay

I saw this the other day, and its not the first time i have heard of it, i know i would be really upset if that happened to me, Do they have a police fee too? Hopefully nobodys home is being broken into or there is a fight outside with someone who has a knife or gun. They may not make it out of that one. What a bunch of BS

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    UCB (61)
    Country
    New Jersey Devils St Louis Cardinals Carolina Hurricanes
    See FFEMT840's Items on eBay
    Member is PayPal Verified

First off I am a firefighter and we do not charge this fee. The County Government requires citizens to pay fire taxes that pays for our services. That being said dont blame the firefighters just yet. They would likely get fired or harshly reprimanded should they have acted. I understand because I have done some stupid things in my career to attempt to save lives and property. But if you threatened my job if I acted I would have to hesitate too. I have a family to take care of. So without the firefighters side of the story lets not judge them.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast