Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I was robbed!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See JMelz513's Items on eBay

You may be right, my assumption was brought upon because the side of the envelope was completely ripped open, much like I do when pulling out the cards. To me, it didn't seem as though it was accidentally damaged when it had a straight rip down one side of it. I guess frustration sets in never knowing if you're going to get things back or not, when you know someone tried to return the cards. While my post did seem like jumping the gun perhaps, it was handled in the most professional of manner.

When speaking to the post office I didn't post blame on anyone, just assuming it got "lost", but I didn't know what route to go to recover said item. I still haven't heard back from them, but I did find out that they have a "loose items" office, which I am going to call Monday, just in case it did fall out and is there. The problem, I suppose is knowing which athlete I'm even looking for and who sends out of Johnson City, TN? I've sent out so many in the past few months, it's hard to know, plus just because I sent it to a certain location, doesn't mean it came back through the same post office.

While I can afford to lose it and fully expect to lose some of my cards, it would stink to know an athlete tried to return an item signed and I didn't get it. Robbed? Maybe not, that's yet to be seen, but it certainly felt like it and I think if you saw what portion of the envelope remains, that would be a general assumption. One end, completely ripped off, as to pull out the items in the envelope. To be continued...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See lizard-jd's Items on eBay

why assume you were robbed? the post office handles millions of articles of mail a day- some are bound to get damaged/destroyed. More likely than not, that is what happened. Postal employees who get caught tampering with the mail lose their jobs, their pensions, and are often prosecuted- I doubt someone would risk it for an envelope that they didnt even know what was inside it.

This holds with the old mantra though- "dont send anything you arent willing to lose"

Sorry it happened, but to assume theft is somewhat "jumping the gun" as it were

Ed

I agree with Ed. If you TTM for any amount of time, you will see any number of things happen to your items. I have experienced the "body bag" (plastic bag with whatever is left of your items), the severely bent/creased envelope, the "ocean return" (looks like it was fished out of the Atlantic then dried, top of envelope ripped off but card still in it, the unsealed folder with everything still inside, the empty envelope, etc. Yeah, I don't believe for one second that the USPS steals anything; they are just sloppy sometimes. By the way, I have +/- 240 no returns in the past 4 years and I like to believe that the person either liked it and kept it, other family memebers kept it or they just threw it away...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See autocollectr79's Items on eBay

i had a buddy send me a package of about 50-60 signed white sheets so i could print photos out for him and when i received it,they envelope was shredded w/ black marks on it and every single white sheet was bent and crinkled.wasnt mine so i wasnt as pissed as he was but its still not right

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (139)
    Country

I have had this happen to me a few times. Most times the card is still in the destroyed envelope tucked away safely with little to no damage on it. Sorry this happened to you but I doubt the PO will do anything for it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12