Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See undefeated*'s Items on eBay

Rick Perry campaign ad denounces "Obama's war on religion"

Or Why Rick Perry is not Great, since he's practically Tim Tebow's dad and everything.

As of this post, the video is only three days old and it's already surpassed Rebecca Black's "Friday" music video as the most hated video on YouTube.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/1...ref=technology

Perry's "Strong" ad:
    Posted: 12/6/11
    Views: 747,019
    Dislikes: 387,760 (97.7%)

Rebecca Black's "Friday" music video:
    Posted: 9/16/11
    Views: 10,411,921
    Dislikes: 255,073 (78.1%)

Truly the hand of God is guiding this man. Let's break this nonsense down, shall we?

I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm a Christian...

Well, other Christians should be ashamed you are one of them. You, sir, are a one-man public relations disaster. Admit that you're a Christian, ppbbphph. Not ashamed to admit to being a Christian in a nation whose population is 75-80% Christian. Well done. Nobody calls you chicken, Ricky McFly.

...but you don't need to be in the pew every Sunday to know there's something wrong in this country when gays can serve openly in the military...

Way to take a shot at the men and women who serve their country. This is coming from the party who made "Support Our Troops" a national mantra? Well, we see just how much he actually supports the troops. "Yes, I know you've given up your lives in the figurative sense and are at constant risk of losing them in the literal sense, so that I don't have to, but I still think you're the dirt I scrape off my shoes and you are the worst thing that's wrong with our country." I hope America's gay and lesbian servicepersons know exactly how highly this guy thinks of them, I hope this motivates them to respond in kind, and I hope that if he gets elected, they won't fight for him.

...but our kids can't openly celebrate Christmas...

Our kids can't celebrate Christmas? Are you on drugs? Where exactly are the jackbooted thugs preventing people nationwide from celebrating Christmas?

...or pray in school.

Oh, the jackbooted thugs must be in the schools. Right. Yeah. Don't you love when Christians pretend they're the oppressed minority in this country? (See 75-80% of the population stat previously mentioned.) And don't you love the way these comments on the state of public schools today are being made by people who haven't been in school for 30 or 40 years? Do you not realize it's only state-mandated, teacher/administrator-led prayer that's illegal? Do you not realize little Johnny can sit there at his desk or out on the playground and pray? Sheesh. When I was in high school, Fellowship of Christian Athletes held a prayer around the school flagpole every morning. And there were no Ministry of Love shock troops taking nightsticks to their faces. Is Rick Perry really stupid enough to believe this, or is he just a liar?

As President, I'll end Obama's war on religion.

Excuse me while I go outside and laugh for 30 minutes. Yeah, Obama's war on religion. Uh-huh. Find me one time Obama spoke out against religion. Find me one bill he signed that attacks religion. Don't you guys remember how you were losing your minds over Rev. Jeremiah Wright? Don't you guys remember how you spent three years accusing him of being a Muslim? So, what, first he's one of those scary black supremacist Christians, then he's a Muslim, now he's an atheist? Are you just allergic to truth and consistency? Right, it was Obama who got rid of prayer in schools, and in the last three years, it wasn't Supreme Court cases decided while he was a toddler. Nope. Maybe he just thinks America can't handle a president who doesn't publicly mention God 200 times every day and wipe his feet all over the First Amendment...you know, like we used to have.

And I'll fight against liberal attacks on our religious heritage.

So that's why more than 50% of liberals state that their religious faith is very important in their life, and agree that "God is the all-knowing, all-powerful creator of the world who still rules the universe today." I guess in Rick Perry's America, if all conservatives are Christians, all liberals must be atheists. Hmmm, don't I wish.

http://www.barna.org/barna-update/ar...tters-of-faith

Faith made America strong. It can make her strong again.

Faith made America strong the way Communism made Russia strong. And it will end in much the same way, I am quite sure. Elect Rick Perry and find out for yourself!

I'm Rick Perry and I approve this message.

Well, seeing as how you batted 0.000 for the rest of this ad, I'm going to go with probability and assume you're actually LeBron James and you don't approve this message.

Last edited by gatorboymike; 12-09-2011 at 06:00 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country
    See AUTaxMan's Items on eBay

Wow. That ad must have really hit home with you. Not only do we all know your feelings on Christianity, but I'm Pretty sure there isn't a single regular poster here who is a Rick Perry supporter, so it looks like you just wasted a lot of time. Probably made you feel better about yourself, though, so I guess some good came of it.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Rick Perry is an idiot.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

Wow. That ad must have really hit home with you. Not only do we all know your feelings on Christianity, but I'm Pretty sure there isn't a single regular poster here who is a Rick Perry supporter, so it looks like you just wasted a lot of time. Probably made you feel better about yourself, though, so I guess some good came of it.

I don't think GBM said one thing that wasn't pretty much dead on about that ad. And I'm glad we don't have any regulars who are Rick Perry supporters, there are WAY better choices on that side.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I was thinking the same thing. Nobody on here even cares for him or has said they will vote for him. A lot of effort for nothing...

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Our kids can't celebrate Christmas? Are you on drugs? Where exactly are the jackbooted thugs preventing people nationwide from celebrating Christmas?

Have you been under a rock? Schools across the nation are banning Christmas parties and banning Christmas decorations so they can be PC and not offend the non-Christian non-Christmas celebrating students. WalMart employees are told to say "Happy Holidays" and not "Merry Christmas" to customers. The Christmas tree has been renamed the Holiday Tree, even though the dimwits who argue that it should be called a Holiday tree are protecting the feelings of people who don't even put up a tree.

I am more than happy to say Happy Holidays or call it a Holiday tree as soon as the people who are offended by the term "Christmas" admit that they are so mentally pathetic and weak that the term Christmas causes them psychological trauma and mental anguish.

So that's why more than 50% of liberals state that their religious faith is very important in their life, and agree that "God is the all-knowing, all-powerful creator of the world who still rules the universe today." I guess in Rick Perry's America, if all conservatives are Christians, all liberals must be atheists. Hmmm, don't I wish.

Regardless of what percentage of liberals are Christian, it doesn't change the fact that it is the far left that is constantly on the hunt for an excuse to attack Christianity. For example...you.

Faith made America strong the way Communism made Russia strong. And it will end in much the same way, I am quite sure. Elect Rick Perry and find out for yourself!

Nice attempt to parallel Christianity and Communism. Since you know so much about both then you know that this is a pretty lame attempt to disparage Christianity.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Who in the hell cares if you say happy holidays or merry christmas? Who cares if you call a tree a holiday tree or a christmas tree. Everyone still knows what you are talking about. The original december 25 holiday predates what was known as christmas by thousands of years. Google the roman sun god mirtha. It's so sad that during this time of year which is supposed to stand for loving one another and inclusion that a group of right wing extremist christians only are only concerned about themselves and could not care less about others. SMH.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

Who in the hell cares if you say happy holidays or merry christmas? Who cares if you call a tree a holiday tree or a christmas tree. Everyone still knows what you are talking about. The original december 25 holiday predates what was known as christmas by thousands of years. Google the roman sun god mirtha. It's so sad that during this time of year which is supposed to stand for loving one another and inclusion that a group of right wing extremist christians only are only concerned about themselves and could not care less about others. SMH.

Truth. In this day and age, Christmas has almost become a monument to consumerism. I always admire the few religious people that I know who always maintained Jesus at the center of the Christmas holiday and not presents/food.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

You do realize that this swings both ways, right? The left is just as guilty for making a big deal of fighting to change the name as the right is of fighting to keep it named that way.

It is kind of biased to blame the right for this issue when it wouldn't exist if not for the left trying to change it. If the left could just accept that people want to call the tree that they put up for Christmas a Christmas tree then there would be no problem.

SCF Rewards
    Country

You do realize that this swings both ways, right? The left is just as guilty for making a big deal of fighting to change the name as the right is of fighting to keep it named that way.

It is kind of biased to blame the right for this issue when it wouldn't exist if not for the left trying to change it. If the left could just accept that people want to call the tree that they put up for Christmas a Christmas tree then there would be no problem.

I really don't care what they call it. My life continues the same regardless. Both sides need to stop making mountians out of moldhills. If you believe in jesus birth and want to call it a christmas tree fine. If you don't and want to call it a holiday tree or better yet don't participate in it at all good for you as well.

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast