Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ITG Has Gone Too Far!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Bonesp5speed's Items on eBay

I'd hope they'd be sealed in cases cause that sounds really unsafe, many things can be past from blood.

All I have to say to this is.......facepalm.

SCF Rewards
    Country

My problem is that ITG is trying to make a couple bucks off the pain, suffering, bloodshed, injuries, brain injuries, and early deaths of athletes. Have any of you fought in hockey? Do you know how difficult it is? I played Midget AA, and had to regularly fight to protect the elite players. In one year I had two concussions as a result which resulted in memory loss, headaches, stiches and mood swings. Would I be happy if someone was trying to make money off of my pain and role on the team? no. If you were left in a mentally/physically broken state due to your job, would you want relics of your injuries being collected and glorified? If you were hurt or killed on the job, would you want soveniers of your suffering to be made? These hockey enforcers were not just fighters, tough guys, and meatheads. They are real people who gave of themselves so we can collect and appreciate the superstar players of the NHL. If I were a family member of someone like Probert or Booguard, these cards would be the saddest relic of a real human life.
    Last edited by 2010CTyler; 12-10-2011 at 02:46 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Your statement makes sense, but hang on a minute
    These guys didn't give themselves or go fight for their country?

They got paid in six digit figures as part of their choice to play hockey and play hockey as a fighter

I feel bad for the three who lost lives, but how do we know it was completely due to their job. And if you ask other enforcers, if you told them they were having cards produced of them, they'd probably love it cause these guys don't get much hobby love or tv coverage other than negative ones

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See edthesandwich's Items on eBay

So let me get this straight ...

You have no issue with the inclusion of a fight strap, a piece of equipment speficially designed and produced due to of the inclusion of fighting in hockey and, by extension, the ultimate "promotional tool" when it comes to grinders and enforcers. (I can only come to this conclusion because your introductory rant made no mention of this.)

And yet, when it comes to the inclusion of blood - which, by the way, comprises one of the most abundant liquids on the planet and can be drawn in dozens of ways, only a few of which have to do with the heinous transgressions of which you speak - you lambast ITG for single-handedly ruining the lives of every hockey player who ever suffered a concussion due to a hockey-related incident.

I'm exaggerating slightly, of course, because your diatribe was so ridiculously over-the-top. Your connection between blood-stained game-used items and a player's "mentally/physically broken state" is laughable. If you have an issue with people profiting over the livelihood of professional hockey fighters, then you should petition the NHL and its 30 member clubs. Pick your battles more wisely.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Actually, several former NHL enforcers, including George Laraque are deeply offended by these cards, Laraque even wants his pulled because he claims that it doesn't explain the role of the enforcer, just promotes violence. Derek Booguard's mother is also very upset. It doesn't matter how much a person makes. Can you honestly justify and play down the deaths of hockey enforcers just because they make more money than most of us? I guess their lives are more valuable than others?

SCF Rewards
    Country

So let me get this straight ...

You have no issue with the inclusion of a fight strap, a piece of equipment speficially designed and produced due to of the inclusion of fighting in hockey and, by extension, the ultimate "promotional tool" when it comes to grinders and enforcers. (I can only come to this conclusion because your introductory rant made no mention of this.)

And yet, when it comes to the inclusion of blood - which, by the way, comprises one of the most abundant liquids on the planet and can be drawn in dozens of ways, only a few of which have to do with the heinous transgressions of which you speak - you lambast ITG for single-handedly ruining the lives of every hockey player who ever suffered a concussion due to a hockey-related incident.

I'm exaggerating slightly, of course, because your diatribe was so ridiculously over-the-top. Your connection between blood-stained game-used items and a player's "mentally/physically broken state" is laughable. If you have an issue with people profiting over the livelihood of professional hockey fighters, then you should petition the NHL and its 30 member clubs. Pick your battles more wisely.

I have no issue with the fight straps, we'll all agree that it's a necissary part of the game. However, yes, bloody swatches does take it too far. That blood wasn't spilled in an accident or luck of the draw, it was from a punch. I'd even be okay with this set if it was just jersey/memorabilia. Why the blood? Why does it have to be taken to that level?

SCF Rewards
    Country

normally i wont go near an ITG product but i dont mind the enforcers

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See **sheenz**'s Items on eBay

You sound really soft for a guy who likes Hockey Seriously its HOCKEY a game for the tough and you say an enforcers job isnt to fight i totally disagree they are there to do whatever it takes check,mouth off,fight and you also say something about making money off someones pain lol hockey players that fight love what they do its not like they are forced to fight they choose too and again its Hockey a game for the strong its not ballet man

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Bonesp5speed's Items on eBay

My problem is that ITG is trying to make a couple bucks off the pain, suffering, bloodshed, injuries, brain injuries, and early deaths of athletes. Have any of you fought in hockey? Do you know how difficult it is? I played Midget AA, and had to regularly fight to protect the elite players. In one year I had two concussions as a result which resulted in memory loss, headaches, stiches and mood swings. Would I be happy if someone was trying to make money off of my pain and role on the team? no. If you were left in a mentally/physically broken state due to your job, would you want relics of your injuries being collected and glorified? If you were hurt or killed on the job, would you want soveniers of your suffering to be made? These hockey enforcers were not just fighters, tough guys, and meatheads. They are real people who gave of themselves so we can collect and appreciate the superstar players of the NHL. If I were a family member of someone like Probert or Booguard, these cards would be the saddest relic of a real human life.

Have any of the people opposing this set actually done any research on the development of it? You don't think they would be sensitive to the players and their families? Are all these arguments just a reason to voice your "one and only valid opinion"?

I'm pretty positive they wont feature a piece of the plane that crashed not so long ago, and a picture of a deceased player. This is being blown WAAAYY out of proportion. THERES FIGHTING IN HOCKEY! No one MAKES you fight, you choose it. And if you make the argument "If you don't fight you dont get to play", then it was STILL your choice to do it and not say no.

The blood on these jerseys would be from a bloody nose or a cut or injuries of the like, which happen in nearly every game. Injuries happen. We see them on the TV, in the highlights, and some of us in person. How is it any different being on a card?

Rest assured, if the players featured on these cards, or the families of any of them have any problems with them, they wont reach the market. If a lawsuit occurred after the fact, ITG's wouldn't be making cards for very long.

If you are really upset about this release, contact someone from ITG, ask some questions, get the facts, and THEN decide if its "tasteless" or not.

My 2 cents.

SCF Rewards
    Country

What? I agreed that enforcers are needed and they are intended to fight. Soft??!! hahaha! I'm 6'5, 260lbs with a 3-0 MMA record. Guess that is soft.lol.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast