Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See laurel3049's Items on eBay

Went to the Childrens' Miracle Networks Classic at Disney yesterday and had some really nice successes.

The Highlights:
    David Price- Signed ball SS and pic with (was nice and signed for everyone, but it was easy to tell that the dealers who had been there all week were wearing on his nerves)
    Joe Mauer- Signed ball SP and pic with (joked about the dealers "coming back for more", but signed for the 20 or so people waiting for him when he finished)

Derrick Brooks- Signed 5x7
    Carlos Pena- Signed 5x7
    AJ Pierzynski- Signed 5x7
    Ryan Longwell- Signed 5x7 and pic with
    Bill Engvall (comedian)- Signed 5x7 and pic with

The only one who turned me down was Fred McGriff, saying he would sign at the end, but after being there for 6 hours, I didn't want to wait another 2 for him to finish.

BANNED

Country

Nice Mauer. I've never seen him pick up a pen before, here in MN, except for Twinsfest, but it's $35 just for him and he doesn't have a choice. He's not even worth that anymore. Hardly worth the $15 I payed for him in 07.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See dscards33's Items on eBay

Nice Mauer. I've never seen him pick up a pen before, here in MN, except for Twinsfest, but it's $35 just for him and he doesn't have a choice. He's not even worth that anymore. Hardly worth the $15 I payed for him in 07.

Geeze. I'll never understand the negative sentiment towards Mauer in MN. The guy is a 5x All Star, 3x batting champ, 3x Gold Glover, 4x Silver Slugger winner and won an MVP award. How can you say those credentials are hardly worth $15?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See aspoe093's Items on eBay

I will gladly give you 35 dollars for a Mauer auto!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Went to a signing today and met the Buccaneers' new star running back, Doug Martin

Got 2 8x10's signed and a pic with

SCF Rewards
    Country

Went to Blue Jays camp today in Dunedin. Man, what a waste of time. Players were running all over and the resounding response from them all was "I'll sign after workouts... busy now", even when they were just standing around chatting. Well, practice ended, and they all went straight to the bus to go back to the stadium.

So, I drove over to the stadium and waited outside the players' parking lot. There were about 15-20 graphers there and they had us all in a gated area and it was up to the players to stop and roll down their windows if they were to sign. 2 and a half hours went by, and nobody stopped, except for a few non-roster guys and minor leaguers. Until FINALLY, after being shot down by Rasmus, Encarnacion, and Bautista, Jose Reyes decided to stop for the few of us who were left. That was my only legit success of the day:

Jose Reyes IP ROMLB SS

SCF Rewards
    Country

Rays vs. Indians 4/5/13

Not many guys signed tonight. Got Ryan Roberts on a card at the end of BP.

After the Rays finished BP, I headed over to the Indians side with the one ROMLB that I brought in case someone good decided to sign. Got turned down by Swish, but Michael Bourn started signing down the baseline, so I ran over and was one of the last few to get him on my ball.

Went back to the Rays side just before the game and the only guys who signed were Evan Longoria (it was kind of strange, he just moved down the line picking and choosing random things to sign rather than staying put. Signed maybe 20-25 then left). Also just missed James Loney as he finally stopped by after the ushers were moving everyone out of the bottom rows.

Ryan Roberts- 2012 Topps
    Michael Bourn- ROMLB SP

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nice Bourn! I'm hoping to get him when he comes to Minneapolis to add to my Astros collection. Was he a pretty good signer or was it a surprise that he stopped to sign?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nice Bourn! I'm hoping to get him when he comes to Minneapolis to add to my Astros collection. Was he a pretty good signer or was it a surprise that he stopped to sign?

I only went to the one game, but he signed about 50-ish.

He didn't sign when Braves were here last year

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yesterday, Marty St Louis did a signing at a bank near my place.

2 8x10's signed in Silver
    Lightning Promo Card
    Pic with

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast