Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ron Paul takes over the lead in Iowa as Newt's support disappears

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...lips-to-fourth

Ron Paul has opened up a six-point lead in Iowa, while Newt Gingrich has suffered a dramatic collapse, according to the latest Insider Advantage poll.

The Texas lawmaker had the support of 24 percent of those surveyed, followed by Mitt Romney at 18 percent, Rick Perry at 16 percent, Gingrich at 13 percent, Michele Bachmann at 10 percent, Jon Huntsman at 4 percent, and Rick Santorum at 3 percent.

This is the second poll released on Monday to show that Gingrich’s support in Iowa has evaporated.

According to a Public Policy Poll, Gingrich fell from first place to third place. Paul leads that poll by a margin of 23 percent to 20 percent over Romney. Gingrich polled at 14 percent in Iowa, according to PPP, down from 27 percent only two weeks ago.

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (29)
    Country
    New York Jets New York Yankees
    See pspstatus's Items on eBay

That's kind of surprising. I really thought Newt was about to be the big dog. Out of that class Ron Paul is the only one I'd even consider voting for.

Country

ron paul talks a lot but i still have my doubts about anybody running for president

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

That poll is entirely unreliable. First it only polled 319 people, hardly a large enough number to carry any weight or be a true indicator. Second, 44% (142) of them were either Democrats or Independents.

A poll that was just on MSNBC yesterday showed Newt at 40%, Romney at 25% and Paul at 9%. That is more realistic.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

I would love for Ron Paul to get the republican nod but the powers that be will never let that happen.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I would love for Ron Paul to get the republican nod but the powers that be will never let that happen.

You know, this isn't a very fair thing to say (just being honest), but my #1 issue with Paul is his age. He turns 77 in August which means he would be 81 by the end of his first term and would have to live to 85 to finish a second term if he got re-elected.

My dad is 78 so I speak from a bit of a position of knowledge. I don't know if a guy that age has the mental and physical ability to handle the rigors of being POTUS. Look at how much Obama has aged in just 3 years, look at George W. and Clinton after 8 years. Being POTUS is a 24/7 365 job and I just don't know if a guy that age can take it and live thru it.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

That poll is entirely unreliable. First it only polled 319 people, hardly a large enough number to carry any weight or be a true indicator. Second, 44% (142) of them were either Democrats or Independents.

A poll that was just on MSNBC yesterday showed Newt at 40%, Romney at 25% and Paul at 9%. That is more realistic.

Give it a month and we'll see Newt dropping like a stone. It may not even take that long.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Give it a month and we'll see Newt dropping like a stone. It may not even take that long.

I agree. I don't see Newt as a viable candidate. I just don't see any evidence that Paul is anywhere near being a GOP front-runner like this poll suggest.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

I'm just waiting to see how far the "Anybody but Romney" train goes. I think we're about two months away from seeing inanimate objects surging up the polls.

Vote Chicken of the Sea Tuna in 2012! It still smells less fishy than Mitt Romney!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I'm just waiting to see how far the "Anybody but Romney" train goes. I think we're about two months away from seeing inanimate objects surging up the polls.

Vote Chicken of the Sea Tuna in 2012! It still smells less fishy than Mitt Romney!

Probably has less grease in it's hair too...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast