Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See undefeated*'s Items on eBay

Tim Tebow is more popular than God, says PPP

Oh yes, let's have another Tim Tebow thread, as my Christmas gift to all of you. In fact, let's have a Tim Tebow thread that makes John Lennon roll over in his grave.

http://blogs.browardpalmbeach.com/pu...od_florida.php

Tim Tebow is quite possibly more popular than God himself -- at least, he may be in Florida.

The former Florida Gator, Heisman Trophy winner, two-time BCS national champion, and current Denver Broncos quarterback is viewed favorably by 59 percent of Floridians, according to survey results released this afternoon by Public Policy Polling.

In July, the same polling firm asked American voters how they thought God was doing -- 52 percent approved.

Hmmm, so that means 48 percent of Americans disapprove of how God is doing his job. I guess that means God better get his act together, if he slips much more he could be in danger of losing his bid for re-election. But seriously though...what happened to the infallible, ironclad and perfect divine plan? And when they asked that question, did they discard responses from people who don't believe in God? Or people who don't believe in the Christian god? Even if they didn't, and we assume that the roughly 20% of Americans who are non-Christians were counted in the "disapprove" category, that still marks almost 30% of respondents as Christians who disapprove of what God is doing. Or in other words, for every 5 Christians who approve of God, there are 3 who disapprove. Tim Tebow really does have it easy.

YouTube user GenerationXeroFilms, from whom I heard about this survey, said this in his video: "Back in the 60s, John Lennon said that the Beatles were bigger than Jesus. And after he said that, a wave of hatred swept across this country. Radio stations were boycotting their music, Christian conseravtives preached against them, and people were burning and bulldozing their Beatles records in the streets. If Tim Tebow said that he was bigger than Jesus, I don't think anyone would even get mad. They'd probably just say something like, 'Tim, you're not bigger than Jesus...you are Jesus.'" And you know what? I think he's right. I can totally see, ahem, certain individuals from this forum doing that.

Oh yes, and nice ripoff of a Chuck Norris Fact in that picture, too.

And I'd just like to wish said Christian conservatives a Merry Yule, Merry Festivus, Merry Saturnalia, and most especially, Happy Holidays. With Tebow throwing 4 INTs in the last game, they'll need it. Jesus was probably busy helping a cancer-stricken child recover, or helping warring tribes resolve their differences, or something unimportant like that when he should have been interfering in American pro sports. No wonder God's approval rating is so low.
    Last edited by gatorboymike; 12-25-2011 at 07:42 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country
    See AUTaxMan's Items on eBay

give it a rest, man. we get it. you don't like christians and you don't like tebow. how many of these rambling, ranting posts do you have to make before you convince yourself that you've gotten your message across?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Minnesota Vikings Phoenix Coyotes
    See mattdmc2931's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

Every time someone starts a Tebow thread a starving child dies.

Lets just give this Tebow crap a break already.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Blowout (93)
    Country

Tebow is god!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See undefeated*'s Items on eBay

give it a rest, man. we get it. you don't like christians and you don't like tebow. how many of these rambling, ranting posts do you have to make before you convince yourself that you've gotten your message across?

When the sun is darkened and the moon does not give its light.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    The Bench (554)
    Country
    See springbros1305's Items on eBay

tim tebow is not bigger than mike ditka, period!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country
    See AUTaxMan's Items on eBay

When the sun is darkened and the moon does not give its light.

so you're just trolling then?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See j80rice's Items on eBay

gbm- you manage to take an article that, while dumb, would actually have potential for some intriguing dialogue and then you turn it into a slam christianity op-ed. Your rambling is starting to sound less like a well educated atheist and more like a drunk homeless person who blames tebow and christianity for losing his job, his wife, his children, etc.

"what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

who said billy madison couldn't provide us with just the right comment at some point in life.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See freethrowtommy's Items on eBay

gbm- you manage to take an article that, while dumb, would actually have potential for some intriguing dialogue and then you turn it into a slam christianity op-ed. Your rambling is starting to sound less like a well educated atheist and more like a drunk homeless person who blames tebow and christianity for losing his job, his wife, his children, etc.

So the circle jerk threads bashing Obama and/or liberals is okay but bashing Christianity isn't? Gotcha. Just want to make sure I understand how things work around here.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See j80rice's Items on eBay

So the circle jerk threads bashing Obama and/or liberals is okay but bashing Christianity isn't? Gotcha. Just want to make sure I understand how things work around here.

oh give it a rest bro. show me one thread bashing obama that reads like this junk. you can't possibly say that with a straight face.

listen, there are threads bashing everything and every one. Most, however, make it past the opening post before they get way of track. This one doesn't even make it that far.

GBM posted an article that had relevance. He instead used it to bash christianity. There have been multiple threads in the last month with the sole purpose of bashing christianity. Care to show me a single obama or liberal thread like that? Show me one that is not commenting on a decision he made.
    Last edited by ensbergcollector; 12-26-2011 at 12:04 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast