Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

quick question to experienced TTM collectors

Okay I'm new here so please tell me if I'm not doing this correctly. Basically my ttm success rate isn't that great (26/62 or 42%) this year which I don't consider that great considering most of my send outs are to minor leaguers who all seem to have a good success rate on this forum and ones like it. My success rate of Latino players is even worse (2/11 or 18%) which is a small sample size but still. I have a variety of questions that I've been considering to increase my rate.

1.) Do I have to hand write all my letters? It takes a lot of time and my hand writing is atrocious (maybe even illegible to some)
    2.) Should I be writing my letters to latino players in Spanish? I've been doing this and it hasn't worked well.
    3.) I send out what I think are cool looking custom index cards (been complemented by players at games for them). However I always only send 1 because that's all I need. Do you think maybe the players are keeping them? Should I send an additional card for the players to keep? I would prefer not to do this because ink is expensive and It's easy to run out of the paper I use. However if it increases my return rate I would be fine doing it. Here is a pic. Thanks a lot!

a ttm.jpg

SCF Rewards
    Country

I can only really answer the first one for you. Yes, hand write all your letters and try to make it as legible as possible. It makes it more personal.

I don't know anything about the writing to latino players in spanish I would imagine either way would work.

It is possible that they really like them and are keeping them what I would do is try doing 2 just to see if it works.

SCF Rewards
    Country

thank you

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants Philadelphia Phillies New Jersey Devils
    See arfmax's Items on eBay

I agree on the handwritten, Imthink it is more respectful, otherwise it can seem like a form letter.
    Working on autographed 1987 Topps Baseball set:
    Total Cards in Set:792/Total Autographable: 760 (6 Checklists, 26 Team Leaders)
    Total Autographed:639!
    Currently Sent (Outstanding):44
    Percent Complete:84.1

SCF Rewards
    Country

hey man love those cards you make

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

-I have not handwritten a letter in years! When I do a letter it is a full page typed. The first paragraph is always about the player. That is how they know you are a fan. I am sure that many do not read a whole letter, but some may. The player being able to read it is more important to me. I can not stand to print a letter and I know that many places stopped teaching cursive many years ago.
    -Telling the player to keep one of your customs as a gift might be a great way to improve your success rate.
    -I never try putting my requests in another language either.
    -Nice customs!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

1- YES! Absolutely hand write every one of your letters! It shows you took the time to think specifically of them, and not just copy n pasted some pre written junk. I always hand write and have a 94% success rate- while sending nothing but baseballs! Not cards etc, actual balls.
    Some "tricks" I use-
    1)be POLITE! Please n thank you, sir or ma'am etc
    2) always include intro paragraph- who they are, why u like them/find memory etc
    3) 2nd paragraph is the autograph request. Again- be polite! Ask them for it, then explain why u want their auto/ what u plan to do with it
    4) 3rd paragraph is thanking them for the time n considerations n wishing them the best of luck this season.
    5) I always "decorate" the envelope. Players number/name/position etc, team logo- anything to show I took the time for that specific guy. Does it matter? Who knows. But I seen a Harrison Barnes video where he said it's cool that he can tell people have taken the time when they "could have just typed it out once and just changed names each time after". These players are human, they like the know/feel like people appreciate them etc. don't be afraid to shower the praise on them. But don't just repeat their stats to them, trust me, they know their own stats!
    Lastly- Use social media to your advantage. I've gotten 10 or so "yes's" just by asking on Twitter if they'd be able to sign for me if I sent to them. It's a great way for them to "get to know" you (aka, see your page, realize your a fan not a dealer etc)
    Best of luck my man!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thank you! Really nice to hear

SCF Rewards
    Country

hey man love those cards you make

thank you! really nice to hear

SCF Rewards
    Country

-I have not handwritten a letter in years! When I do a letter it is a full page typed. The first paragraph is always about the player. That is how they know you are a fan. I am sure that many do not read a whole letter, but some may. The player being able to read it is more important to me. I can not stand to print a letter and I know that many places stopped teaching cursive many years ago.
    -Telling the player to keep one of your customs as a gift might be a great way to improve your success rate.
    -I never try putting my requests in another language either.
    -Nice customs!

thanks you. you
    were extremely informative

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast