How awesome is your Habs or Leafs collection? We want to see it! Show us the current roster of your favourite team in hockey card and/or memorabilia form and you can score some valuable points in the SCF/LegendsDepot Ultimate Rivalry Contest!
Your objective for the Show & Tell Contest will be to select a roster of 22 players from your chosen team’s current squad and show us the very best of your collection of the Habs or Leafs! You will choose: 13 forwards, 7 defencemen, and 2 goaltenders – this can be any combination of players and prospects you wish as long it comes from the official roster pages of your chosen one of the two teams.
The roster pages:
Because the rosters are fluid, you can include players that have spent time (played in at least one regular season game) with the team this season but are currently in the minors. This means you can choose Nazem Kadri or Andreas Engqvist (and why wouldn’t you choose Andreas Engqvist? LOL), but it will count towards one of your 22 total players. To see which players are presently “in the system” and to verify whether they have played with the big club in the 2011-12 season, here are the official pages of prospects for each club:
- You must list the 22 players you have selected for your club. Even if you do not have cards of a particular player, you must submit a full roster. The deadline for the list will be January 15th.
- You can include a card/memorabilia of each player only once, so choose wisely! If the only card you have of Andrei Kostitsyn is a dual jersey card featuring Andrei Markov, you can’t show both that and your awesome Markov Centennial Habs Inks.
- You must include at least one card from each of ITG, Panini, and Upper Deck. (Old Topps/Bowman/Pacific/etc. totally optional!)
- The cards do not have to show the player as a member of the Habs or Leafs. Both squads have a lot of new arrivals, so you can show cards of the player with a previous team or with their junior squad.
- The deadline to post your show & tell will be January 31st. There will be a voting thread created in the Hockey Show & Tell Forum on the morning of February 1st and it will run until midnight EST on February 8th.
- For this month-long contest, we ask that you post three trades on SCF. As always, post the links from the Trade Manager thread in your original post. Trades do not have to be completed (we understand that Canada Post & the USPS aren’t always perfect) by the end of January. We also encourage you to build up your show & tell potential via trading for Habs and Leafs players if at all possible!
We will ask that members vote for the best overall team collection based on the following criteria:
- Completeness – of the current roster, how many players do you have?
- Variety – do you have a strong mix of RC’s, Autographs, and Memorabilia? Are all of the cards companies (past and present) represented?
- “Wow Factor” – low-numbered cards, awesome patches, multi-player autos, game-used memorabilia, oh my! Blow us away with what you’ve got!
- Presentation – show us the cards in a creative way! Line combos, a starting line-up, whatever you like to spice up the visual aspect of your show & tell post.
We will take into account that some players don’t have a ton of cards out on the market. This especially applies to the rookies and some of the role players who may not have numerous certified autos or memorabilia cards.
Scoring for this contest is as follows:
1st Place: 15 Points
2nd Place: 10 Points
3rd Place: 5 Points
4th Place: 3 Points
5th Place: 1 Point
Please Digg the Contest at this link: http://digg.com/news/sports/sports_c...s_community_28
We also want you to check out our sponsor’s website: http://www.legendsdepot.com and sign up to become a member. When you have registered with the site please confirm here with your user name created at the site. You are not obligated to purchase anything for the contest but we certainly encourage you to check out the fantastic auctions and items available for sale. Whether you are a Canadiens fan or not, there are plenty of spectacular pieces of autographed memorabilia at the Legends Depot.
All members must be in good standing to be eligible to win The Greatest Rivalry contest, meaning:
- No serious infractions during the contest: a serious infraction is any infraction worth over 3 points – any serious infractions will result in disqualification from the contest.
- No suspensions: if you get suspended from SCF for rule violations during the contest, you are disqualified from participating.
- No negative feedback during the duration of the contest - any negative feedback received will be investigated by the SCF Dispute Team.
- You may only enter each contest once. Multiple entries from any contest will result in disqualification.
Participation in all contests is not mandatory but doing so will greatly increase your chances of winning.
Once again, a tremendous thank you to our sponsor and friends at Legends Depot for this amazing prize. Look for featured Legends Depot auctions and listings in the Hockey Forums throughout the season.
If you have any questions about any aspect of the contest please contact RGM81.