Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

It's a sad day for a Yip fan - Yip placed on waivers!

Not entirely sad, would feel great if someone actually picked him up and played him.

Well, thought this would happen for quite some while now, and finally the Avs and their brilliant coaching staff decided to put Yip on waivers.

Tough season and many injuries. Zero playing time and zero opportunity. Performance is everything in the NHL, but at the same time if you play a guy for 7 minutes a game, 10 games this years, and injuries, how can you expect him to be outstanding.

So from top 6 forward two years ago to waivers.

May the hockey gods find him a suitable team that will pick him up and play him.

https://twitter.com/#!/TSNBobMcKenzie

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nhl/3040/brandon-yip

Haha, I wish he would come to Vancouver (if he gets a chance to play consistently, but probably going to be a plug), Philly (cause I want the jersey =P), or just somewhere he can play.

Yip Collector still collecting!!! Just play him and play him well! I want more cards to collect!

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I wouldn't mind if Vancouver picked him up, but he'd get 3rd or 4th line minutes. If he was underused in Colorado, it'll likely be the same story in Van. Remember what they did with Grabner...

SCF Rewards
    Country

I wouldn't mind if Vancouver picked him up, but he'd get 3rd or 4th line minutes. If he was underused in Colorado, it'll likely be the same story in Van. Remember what they did with Grabner...

Yes, I do. The Canucks currently have one-contract slot so they probably aren't interested. He will end up replacing Ebbett or get a 4th line role when he want more scoring ability.

Although want him to come play here as a home time guy, I just hope he sticks in the NHL an just get opportunity.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I like Ebbett. Honestly the only Canuck I'd like to see gone at this point is Weise, but Yip isn't the guy to replace him.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

When you skip the Farm Club and go straight to waivers, you know it's a problem.

Just happened to Colton Gillies, Wild waived him, and Nashville picked him up. I don't know whey they picked him up, but never the less they did.

When you are placed on waivers at a very young age, it's normally the TSN Turning Point in your career, and not always for the positive. I also hope he gets a shot to prove himself.
    Last edited by centrehice; 01-18-2012 at 09:57 PM.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Ouch. Hope for your sake he gets picked up by somebody and gets another shot.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

When you skip the Farm Club and go straight to waivers, you know it's a problem.

Just happened to Colton Gillies, Wild waived him, and Nashville picked him up. I don't know whey they picked him up, but never the less they did.

When you are placed on waivers at a very young age, it's normally the TSN Turning Point in your career, and not always for the positive. I also hope he gets a shot to prove himself.

I understand what you mean for sure.

But regarding the waivers thing, he can't go straight to the farm club, he has played enough games with the big club that he has to pass though waivers regardless.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

I understand what you mean for sure.

But regarding the waivers thing, he can't go straight to the farm club, he has played enough games with the big club that he has to pass though waivers regardless.

Oh I'm very aware of what transpires in and around a player either moving around the franchise or out of it.

When you are placed on waivers, the team is really saying that if someone wants you for the waiver wire price, then they can have you. It's really your drafting team's way of saying you are no longer needed.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Oh I'm very aware of what transpires in and around a player either moving around the franchise or out of it.

When you are placed on waivers, the team is really saying that if someone wants you for the waiver wire price, then they can have you. It's really your drafting team's way of saying you are no longer needed.

No not at all actually. In fact most of the time teams are HOPING you arent picked up when they put you on waivers, as they still would like to keep you in the organization but dont have a spot for you yet.

A player HAS to be put on waivers if they have played a certain amount of games or if they are a certain age. It has nothing to do with if a team no longer needs you or wants you. Sometimes its a numbers game.

A player that fits the stipulations cant play for a farm team unless they pass through waivers.

You might be thinking of unconditional waivers or $125 waivers. Now THAT type of waivers is when the team is planning on buying you out or making the contract null and void. That would be not needing their services any longer.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Obviously when you are sent to waivers it isn't a good thing. With Shane O'brien return from injury they are over the roster limit so they are forced to waive someone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast