Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See nextspeed's Items on eBay

9/8/12

Detroit Lions' defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh tweeted that he was giving followers a chance to win game tickets for tomorrow's Lions vs. Rams game if they would meet up with him to say a phrase that he tweeted to receive a sealed manila envelope at a location in downtown Detroit that he tweeted. Since I was in within the vicinity of the downtown area at the time, raced over to the location to where he was set up. Didn't win game tickets, but was able to get him to sign my micro-helmet and got a photo taken with him.

Later in the day, stopped by the hotel where the Detroit Lions were staying to see if I could catch any of the players checking in to sign. Got the following to sign for me upon checking in:

punter Ben Graham - 1/1 8 x 10 Detroit Lions logo photo

safety Amari Spievey - 1/1 trading card

tight end Will Heller - 1/1 8 x 10 Detroit Lions logo photo

offensive guard Dylan Gandy - 1/1 8 x 10 Detroit Lions logo photo

wide receiver/special teamer Kassim Osgood - 1/1 8 x 10 Detroit Lions photo

linebacker Ashlee Palmer - 1/1 8 x 10 Detroit Lions photo

running back Joique Bell - 1/1 trading card

offensive guard Rob Sims - 1/1 8 x 10 photo

wide receiver Nate Burleson - 1/1 trading card

linebacker Stephen Tulloch - 1/1 8 x 10 Detroit Lions logo photo

head coach Jim Schwartz - 1/1 8 x 10 Detroit Lions logo photo

Missed out on the following:

safety Erik Coleman - 0/1 (he signed before I arrived there)

offensive tackle Jeff Backus - 0/1 (ignored)

wide receiver Calvin Johnson, Jr. - 0/1 (just waved)

defensive tackle Nick Fairley - 0/1 (ignored)

defensive end Lawrence Jackson - 0/1 (just waved)

tight end Tony Scheffler - 0/1 (took photos and signed for only 3 people)

cornerback Kevin Barnes - 0/1 (ignored)

running back Keiland Williams - 0/1 (ignored)

corner back Chris Houston - 0/1 (ignored)

offensive tackle Riley Reiff - 0/1 (ignored)

defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh - 0/1 (ignored; no surprise there)

wide receiver Ryan Broyle - 0/1 (said "How y'all doin?", but didn't sign)

quarterback Shaun Hill - 0/1 (ignored)

defensive end Willie Young - 0/1 (ignored)

offensive tackle Gosder Cherilus - 0/1 (ignored)

safety Louis Delmas - 0/1 (ignored)

Didn't see Matthew Stafford, Titus Young, and Kyle Vanden Bosch, but was told they took the other entrance. After their team meetings concluded, some of the players came out to go out for dinner. Got the following to sign:

wide receiver Calvin Johnson, Jr. - 1/1 8 x 10 blow-up photo of me with him from the Bocce Ball tournament held earlier in the year (was in a little bit of a rush; ran with someone's blue sharpie, didn't sign a couple of peoples' SI's, wouldn't add the "Megatron" inscription, and I did not want to hold him up by having him personalized the photo to me along with the inscription of "Go Lions" on it)

tight end Brandon Pettigrew - 1/1 8 x 10 photo

St. Louis Rams' cornerback Cortland Finnegan took a cab to the Lions' hotel to visit his good friend and former teammate with the Titans, Stephen Tulloch. Nobody had anything for and didn't bother him, except a dealer with a white sheet that got him.
    Last edited by tboculosis; 09-09-2012 at 08:22 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

9/10/12

Attended the dinner reception for former NBA player/current ESPN analyst Jalen Rose's 2nd Annual Celebrity Golf Outing held at the Detroit Golf Club in Detroit, MI today. Of course, many of the participants advertised no-showed including, who I was there mainly for, basketball HOFer Chris Mullin and former NBA player Rasheed Wallace. Only got event host Jalen Rose to sign my 8 x 10 (got a photo with him too) as well as former NBA player Derrick Coleman to sign a couple of trading cards for me. Didn't need former NFL player Herman Moore or anybody else who was there. Had nothing for former NBA players Ira Newble and Willie Burton, I could of use both but they weren't advertised, so didn't bring anything for them.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nice job at the golf outing with the former NBA players. Just wondered where you got that 8x10 photo of Rose???

Also I see your recent NFL results and the Lions stay at a hotel for home games???

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks. I bought the photo of Jalen off Ebay. Yes, the Lions along with most NFL teams do stay at a hotel the night before home games to keep the players in check and focused. And congrats on your tremendous recent success with Cam Newton, he's going to be a stud for the Panthers for years to come.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See orangecar02's Items on eBay

nice Suh on the Mini....didnt win tickets..but you still got the auto!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks. I bought the photo of Jalen off Ebay. Yes, the Lions along with most NFL teams do stay at a hotel the night before home games to keep the players in check and focused. And congrats on your tremendous recent success with Cam Newton, he's going to be a stud for the Panthers for years to come.

Yeah I never heard of the home team staying in a hotel the night before. That is interesting.

Thanks on Cam Newton. It was the first time ever that I got him!!!
    Last edited by sigman101; 09-17-2012 at 08:43 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

9/22/12

Went for guitarist Slash with Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators after their show at the Fillmore in downtown Detroit. After the show, security had everyone who was waiting for Slash to line up in a single file line. Slash came out 45 minutes after the show ended and proceeded to sign 1 per behind the barricade as the line moved. He wasn't doing photos with and just signed. Got Slash to sign my 8 x 10. Didn't need Myles Kennedy, the rest of the band, and opening act Foxy Shazam, so just left after getting Slash.

SCF Rewards
    Country

9/28/12

Attended Detroit Lions' linebacker Stephen Tulloch's NFL Kick-Off event, benefiting his Operation 55 foundation, held at the Bianchi's Salon in Clinton Township, MI tonight. Didn't really need Stephen to sign anything, so just brought a trading card and got him to sign that. Was more interested in a photo with him, so got that taken care of as well. Expected his other teammates to show up, but no one else did. Can't complain with finally getting the photo with plus free food and drinks, plus the price of admission going towards a charitable cause though.

Last edited by tboculosis; 09-28-2012 at 10:55 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

9/29/12

Attended the Wizard World's Ohio Comic Con held at the Greater Columbus Convention Center in Columbus, OH. Got comic penciler Humberto Ramos to sign the back of my lenticular insert card for free. Wasn't interested in most of the media guests that were brought in for paid signings there such as former WWE wrestler Lita, actor Dean Cain, actor Patrick Stewart, actor Norman Reedus, actor Sean Patrick Flanery, actor David Della Rocco, actor Val Kilmer, and actor John de Lacie. Paid the signing fee and got former WWE diva Maryse to sign my 8 x 10 photo with the inscription of "2 X WWE Divas Champ". Also paid the signing fee and got actress Eliza Dushku to sign my 8 x 10 photo (she personalized everything, which I didn't get). Her boyfriend and former NBA player, Rick Fox, was also there to wait on her behind her booth, as she signed. Forgot to bring a card for him to sign, so didn't bother him.

After departing the convention, drove back to try to catch the Detroit Lions at their hotel as some of the players go out for dinner once their team meetings dismissed. Heard quarterback Matthew Stafford signed upon arrival to the hotel, which I was a little bummed about, but couldn't do anything since I was still on the road coming back then. Only got running back Joique Bell to sign a trading card. Didn't need Jacob Lacey, Justin Durant, Stefan Logan, Willie Young, and Stephen Peterman. Nick Fairley ignored. Bill Bentley and Keiland Williams just waved.

Last edited by tboculosis; 09-30-2012 at 01:43 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

9/30/12

Went for the Minnesota Vikings after their game with the Detroit Lions at Ford Field in downtown Detroit. Got the following to sign for me as they came out to greet family members and friends:

wide receiver Jerome Simpson - 1/1 trading card

running back Adrian Peterson - 1/1 8 x 10 photo (it was a mad house when AD came out to meet up with his father outside; his father waited behind an area closed off by a couple of orange barrel barricade and a concrete barricade. Got really lucky when AD finished talking with his father while signing and turned to the area where I was at, signed a couple of kids' mini-footballs before hitting up my 8 x 10. Of course, I was in a rush to place it in my top-loader that his signature got smeared a little bit in the process. Still stoked to get my favorite running back in the NFL's autograph again)

Missed out on the following:

quarterback Joe Webb - 0/1 (just waved)

fullback Jerome Felton - 0/1 (ignored with his headphones on)

safety Harrison Smith - 0/1 (ignored with his headphones on)

running back Toby Gerhart - 0/1 (just waved)

special assistant to head coach/linebacker coach Mike Singletary - 0/1 (ignored)

wide receiver Michael Jenkins - 0/1 (ignored)

defensive end Jared Allen - 0/1 (just waved)

wide receiver Percy Harvin -0/1 (just waved)

tight end Kyle Rudolph - 0/1 (came over to meet up with friends; didn't go after him as I thought AD would be coming out anytime)

linebacker Chad Greenway - 0/1 (he signed; just happen to miss him)

defensive tackle Kevin Williams - 0/1 (signed; just happened to miss him)

cornerback Antoine Winfield - 0/1 (signed; just happened to miss him)

quarterback Christian Ponder - 0/1 (heard he came out while AD was signing and just hurried on the bus)

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast