Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Twinkies manufacture Hostess files for bankrupcy

Wow this is so sad. Twinkies were one of my favorite snacks growing up. Hopefully they can get things together.

http://www.ajc.com/business/twinkies...s-1299236.html
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Oh man. I stopped eating Twinkies a couple years ago. This is all my fault.
    Blog: Hidden Content
    Steven Jackson Collection- 30 RCs, 160 #D, 182 GU/Patch, 23 AU, 8 Au/Jsy, Three 1/1
    Jermaine Gresham: 29 RCs, 26 #D, 30 GU/Patch, 25 AU, 29 Au/Jsy
    Steelers: 74 #D, 37 GU/Patch, 22 AU, 6 AU/GU
    Josh Johnson: 16 RCs, 9 #D, 17 Autos

I saw this yesterday. It got me thinking about how sad it would be to no longer have twinkies and such, but then I remember that I haven't had one in years. Maybe I should start supporting them again.
    Check out my NEW FaceBook Fan page of my abstract painting and graphic design work!!!
    Hidden Content

While they did file bankruptcy it doesn't mean they are closing their doors. They filed Chapter 11 which gives them temporary protection from litigation by their creditors while they try to reorganize their finances.

If they file Chapter 7 then that means no more Twinkies.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."

Did they not already file for chapter 11 before? How many times are you allowed to file for it?

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Unions strike again!
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

31/99 National Treasures RCs

Quote Originally Posted by AUTaxMan View Post
    Unions strike again!
    it is interesting that one of the major reasons why they are saying they are in so much trouble is because the huge cost of pensions and healthcare costs for retirees. Sounds a lot like the major reasons the USPS is having issues as well.
    Check out my NEW FaceBook Fan page of my abstract painting and graphic design work!!!
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by theonedru View Post
    Did they not already file for chapter 11 before? How many times are you allowed to file for it?
    Good question. Everything I can find says there is no limit on how many times you can file but the court may not fully honor your bankruptcy claim. So you can file but they may not allow you to be protected from being sued by your creditors.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."

Looks like the next time I go shopping I'll buy a box for support.

I used to go through those thinks like they were water but about 4 years ago I got burnt out and haven't bought any since. This is all my fault Sorry hostess.
    Hidden Content
    Collecting Red Wings Past Present and Future!
    Several new cards added to my COMC port: Hidden Content

"This may surprise you, but Twinkies have an expiration date."
    - Woody Harrelson in Zombieland

Hidden Content
    Winning isn't everything.
    Collecting: Mike Dunleavy | Avery Johnson | Marreese Speights
    Hidden Content | Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast