Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 42
  1. #1

    Loma Linda, CA upset over possible mcdonalds opening in their city

    For those of you who dont know Loma Linda is a city in southern ca with a large seven day adventist population and most of them are vegan/vegatarian.

    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/19/us...=vegetarianism
    Drug and smoke free trading.

    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

  2. #2
    if the people don't eat there the business will go away. I don't see the problem.
    bucket:Hidden Content

    Wants: Anything mma as well as nice texans patches

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by ensbergcollector View Post
    if the people don't eat there the business will go away. I don't see the problem.

    Agree. I haven't ate at mcdonalds in about 10 years or more. Also why can't mcdonalds think outside of the box and offer items to cater to its vegan/vegetarian patrons?
    Drug and smoke free trading.

    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

  4. #4
    If they don't eat there then what is the problem? Those who do eat McDonald's will just be able to get a cheeseburger in town instead of driving to the next town to get it.

    Curious thought. Would it be acceptable for meat eaters to oppose a vegan restaurant and require them to get special city council approval for a drive thru?

    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."


  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by duane1969 View Post
    If they don't eat there then what is the problem? Those who do eat McDonald's will just be able to get a cheeseburger in town instead of driving to the next town to get it.

    Curious thought. Would it be acceptable for meat eaters to oppose a vegan restaurant and require them to get special city council approval for a drive thru?

    Unless the meat eaters in questions are trying to be knuckleheads there is no reason whatsoever for them to oppose a vegan restaurant. Remember the animals that you eat consume vegetables so it would be rather stupid to oppose people eating vegan because some of your food was raised on a vegan diet.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by mrveggieman View Post
    Unless the meat eaters in questions are trying to be knuckleheads there is no reason whatsoever for them to oppose a vegan restaurant. Remember the animals that you eat consume vegetables so it would be rather stupid to oppose people eating vegan because some of your food was raised on a vegan diet.
    By the same measure, plants are fertilized by organic waste produced by animals and by the decomposition of animals after their death. So opposing eating meat would be equally stupid, correct?

    My point was that I find it unreasonable to limit businesses based on personal choice. Limiting non-vegan restaurants by regulating their right to a drive-thru because you oppose eating meat is wrong.

    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."


  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by duane1969 View Post
    By the same measure, plants are fertilized by organic waste produced by animals and by the decomposition of animals after their death. So opposing eating meat would be equally stupid, correct?

    My point was that I find it unreasonable to limit businesses based on personal choice. Limiting non-vegan restaurants by regulating their right to a drive-thru because you oppose eating meat is wrong.
    I'm not sure on all the legal logistics of it but it would make good business sense for any restaurant in that area to include vegan/vegatarian options if they want to stay in business.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by mrveggieman View Post
    I'm not sure on all the legal logistics of it but it would make good business sense for any restaurant in that area to include vegan/vegatarian options if they want to stay in business.
    it would make good business sense for any restaurant in that area to include vegan/vegatarian options if they want to stay in business.

    so true, you can go anywhere and eat a normal meal but as a vegan its almost impossible to go anywhere and eat something of a vegan nature, even here in Seattle a supposed very veggie/vegan friendly place you are limited to what you can consume. I know some restraunts tout veggie/vegan items but when you look at the ingredients they are not even vegetarian let alone vegan

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by theonedru View Post
    it would make good business sense for any restaurant in that area to include vegan/vegatarian options if they want to stay in business.

    so true, you can go anywhere and eat a normal meal but as a vegan its almost impossible to go anywhere and eat something of a vegan nature, even here in Seattle a supposed very veggie/vegan friendly place you are limited to what you can consume. I know some restraunts tout veggie/vegan items but when you look at the ingredients they are not even vegetarian let alone vegan

    Yeah I feel you on that. They have a few decent veggie restaurants here in atlanta but they are expensive. However if you drive a couple of hours away to south carolina and ask for something vegan they look at you like you are speaking to them in japaneese.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by mrveggieman View Post
    I'm not sure on all the legal logistics of it but it would make good business sense for any restaurant in that area to include vegan/vegatarian options if they want to stay in business.
    I am basing my thoughts on this...

    Still, in one sign of Loma Linda’s historical distaste for fast food, restaurants are required to go through a special approval process for drive-through windows.
    They try to keep fast food from coming in by limiting their right to do business via drive thru. I wonder if vegan restaurants are also required to get special approval for a drive thru. I just think it is wrong to enforce your personal lifestyle on others.

    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."


Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •