Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Defense cheif condems marine corps abuse video

I'm surprised that no none bought this one up yet. Mods if this link is offensive to anyone I apologize in advance.

http://worldnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news...cid=ansmsnbc11
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

This has been all over the news. I think most people shy away from criticizing the military and therefore no one wants to discuss it. IMO, it is deplorable. Desecrating the dead, no matter who they are, is crossing a line that should never be crossed. They need to be repremanded severly.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

I agree that people do shy away from criticizing the military but the fact of the matter is there are people in that do stupid things. I can appreciate that these guys are personally affected by the enemy and it's only natural to have a built up animosity and hatred for the guys who they are fighting and are killing and wounding fellow military. That said I'd hope that they'd be above this sort of behavior, but can definitely see how it happens and am really not that shocked by it as much as some people are.

Outside of the desecration aspect I'm curious as to what these guys thought would happen to them. Did they just not care that they were being photographed or filmed. Seems like they'd be a bit smarter about that.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See j80rice's Items on eBay

i doubt anyone was avoiding posting this for fear of criticizing the military (that that was the implication). The P&R forum was pretty active yesterday with other things and to be honest most of the new threads only come from a couple of people.

that said, yes it is disgusting and reprehensible. Of all the things I have ever had a desire to do, this just isn't one of them. Though I have never been in combat so I can't comment on the emotions and desires it brings up.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The military is no different than anywhere else. You have some of the most stand up people you could imagine, but you also have the select few that are just complete donkeys. I remember watching the videos of military men abusing pets and throwing one of them off a cliff. This is just another case that makes me sick to my stomach. And its disrespectful to those in the armed forces who do and have done their job proudly and who have set a good example.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mitcwolf's Items on eBay

This has been all over the news. I think most people shy away from criticizing the military and therefore no one wants to discuss it. IMO, it is deplorable. Desecrating the dead, no matter who they are, is crossing a line that should never be crossed. They need to be repremanded severly.

Dont get me wrong... I hate that this happened and wish it would not have but I dont think anyone who has not been in this situation really has any idea what it is like risking your life on a daily basis with these guys shooting at you. I can completely see where this came from.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

Dont get me wrong... I hate that this happened and wish it would not have but I dont think anyone who has not been in this situation really has any idea what it is like risking your life on a daily basis with these guys shooting at you. I can completely see where this came from.

That's a cop out. Explain why the other 99% of soldiers dealing with the same situations do not act in this way?

SCF Rewards
    Country

That's a cop out. Explain why the other 99% of soldiers dealing with the same situations do not act in this way?

How do you know this isnt happening? It took 11 months for this video to surface and I would assume there could be more out there... All people deal with situations differently why would we expect the military to be any different? Plus it isnt like abuse in the military has never happened before

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

How do you know this isnt happening? It took 11 months for this video to surface and I would assume there could be more out there... All people deal with situations differently why would we expect the military to be any different? Plus it isnt like abuse in the military has never happened before

I think it is safe to assume that it isn't happening at a rate to consider it common or normal under the circumstances. Saying that "all people deal with situations differently" is minimalizing the offence.

At the end of the day, it's WRONG and PUNISHABLE. The theatre that it occurred in is irrelevant.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think it is safe to assume that it isn't happening at a rate to consider it common or normal under the circumstances. Saying that "all people deal with situations differently" is minimalizing the offence.

At the end of the day, it's WRONG and PUNISHABLE. The theatre that it occurred in is irrelevant.

Im not saying it is right I just would bet things like this happen more than we would care to know... I do not however think it should be punishable by war crimes as has been suggested...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast