Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Why I hate religion but love jesus

Your thoughts:

Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See j80rice's Items on eBay

i saw this and really like it. I don't agree with it 100% but if that were the requirement I would get bored listening only to myself!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See undefeated*'s Items on eBay

I saw this and really hate it. I disagree with it 100% but if that were the requirement I would already be myself!

Seriously, YouTube user TheAmazingAtheist reduced this guy to a pile of smoldering ashes. I can't post a link because he uses profanity in his video, but he points out everything that's wrong with this salesman's sleazy pitch.

SCF Rewards
    Country

not sure why you felt the need to mock me but ok.

also, I watched the video you reference. He doesn't reduce the guy to anything. He comes across like a raving lunatic that hates anything to do with religion. have his stuff doesn't even make clear sense. How you can sit through his coke analogy and still give the guy any credit amazes me. You can really sit there and watch that and tell me he makes any relevant points at all?

funny, for all the hate you have toward religion, and yet this guy is atheism. It is a self-important, entitled jerk, drips hatred and who curses(literally) all things religion because how dare someone think they are smarter than me or suppose to tell me anything about how to live.

SCF Rewards
    Country

also, I watched the video you reference. He doesn't reduce the guy to anything. He comes across like a raving lunatic that hates anything to do with religion. have his stuff doesn't even make clear sense. How you can sit through his coke analogy and still give the guy any credit amazes me. You can really sit there and watch that and tell me he makes any relevant points at all?

And your people come across like raving lunatics who hate anything that doesn't have to do with religion.

The Coke analogy is perfectly suited. What's the difference between saying "I hate religion, but I love Christianity" and "I hate soda, but I love Coke"? And no, that's not a false analogy because I said Christianity rather than Jesus, because, as TJ points out in his video, the would-be poet of the original video starts out saying "Jesus" but switches to "Christianity" near the end, thus demonstrating that he knew exactly what he was doing all along.

It's not unreasonable to like only one thing in a particular category. For example, I dislike almost all Western movies except The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. But what IS unreasonable is to claim that the one thing you like in the category you dislike does not actually belong to the category you dislike. If I were to say that TGTB&TU is just so awesome that, despite having all the characteristics of a Western, it somehow stops being a Western, you'd look at me like I was crazy. I look at you and your buddy the poet like you're crazy because that's what you're saying about Christianity.

I mock you because I know exactly what this is. This is the relatively new but already tired argument of "Christianity is a relationship, not a religion," and you know that's what it is too. We both also know that's a lie. Christians have the same sort of "relationship" with "God" that Star Wars geeks have with Princess Leia. People who use this argument know deep down that religion is a bottomless pit of evil and falsehood, but they're already dug in too deep to extract themselves from it and thus they have to construct pathetic little word games to convince themselves they're not really in the pit. Picking some more pleasing word to call your religion to try to convince yourself it's not really a religion is a desperate act of dishonesty and it shows the world that you KNOW something's not right. It's just as nonsensical and incoherent as calling Coke something other than soda or calling TGTB&TU something other than a Western.

"Oh yes, all those other religions are just the insane ramblings of ancient desert nomads, but MY insane ramblings of ancient desert nomads are totally different. My religion isn't different from any other religion in terms of how it has orthodoxy, rigidly structured heirarchy, irrational dogma, a history so bloody I can't even bear to think about it, meaningless anachronistic rituals in place of useful life lessons, preaches hate and bigotry toward outsiders and prescribes eternal suffering after death for them, and in fact tells us that we should kill them but I don't do that because I'm too busy gorging myself on the pleasures of modern life to adhere to the principles I claim to hold sacred...no, my religion isn't different from all other religions in any of those ways, but just because I say it is. And by the way, I hate fast food, but I love Ronald McDonald."

funny, for all the hate you have toward religion, and yet this guy is atheism. It is a self-important, entitled jerk, drips hatred and who curses(literally) all things religion because how dare someone think they are smarter than me or suppose to tell me anything about how to live.

If that guy IS atheism, then Fred Phelps IS Christianity. It is a self-worshipping, fascist dictator that hates, wants to destroy, and is planning the destruction of, everyone who is different from it in any way, wants to conquer the world for the glory of itself rather than any deity or ideal it supposedly holds dear, thinks it has the divinely mandated right, privilege and duty to do so because it's just so awesome and important and special and chocolatey and better than everyone else and not responsible for its actions, and thus it gets to tell people what they may and may not do, say and think at all times.

SCF Rewards
    Country

If that guy IS atheism, then Fred Phelps IS Christianity. It is a self-worshipping, fascist dictator that hates, wants to destroy, and is planning the destruction of, everyone who is different from it in any way, wants to conquer the world for the glory of itself rather than any deity or ideal it supposedly holds dear, thinks it has the divinely mandated right, privilege and duty to do so because it's just so awesome and important and special and chocolatey and better than everyone else and not responsible for its actions, and thus it gets to tell people what they may and may not do, say and think at all times.

you are the one telling people to look him up. have I ever quoted some radical christian? no, because I don't agree with them. It is safe to assume that if you referencing this guy and almost cheering the way he "reduces the guy to a pile of ashes." So, sorry, bad comparison to phelps and christianity.

You talk about the hate christians have toward non-christians and then you turn around and brag on a guy who serves no purpose but hating on christians. Wow, glad to know atheists are so much more accepting than those evil christians.
    the guy in the original video is talking about loving people and the guy in your video does nothing but spew hate and profanity. Thank you for clarifying the differences in atheism and christianity.

also, the original video makes perfect sense to christians. It wasn't made as a sales pitch to non-christians in an attempt to convert anyone. It is his feelings about how institutionalized religion has gone away from the message of Christ. So, no surprise it doesn't make sense to you and your buddy the amazing atheist.

SCF Rewards
    Country

you are the one telling people to look him up. have I ever quoted some radical christian? no, because I don't agree with them. It is safe to assume that if you referencing this guy and almost cheering the way he "reduces the guy to a pile of ashes." So, sorry, bad comparison to phelps and christianity.

Most Christians agree with everything Fred Phelps believes. They just don't want to admit it, or they don't want him to run around saying what they think because they know the rest of the world would hate them as much as the rest of the world hates Fred if the rest of the world knew that was what they thought. You ask any Christian why they don't like Fred and they'll tell you "Because he makes Christianity look bad," not "Because I don't agree with him." They DO agree with him. Everything he says is completely consistent with Christian scripture.

You talk about the hate christians have toward non-christians and then you turn around and brag on a guy who serves no purpose but hating on christians. Wow, glad to know atheists are so much more accepting than those evil christians.
    the guy in the original video is talking about loving people and the guy in your video does nothing but spew hate and profanity. Thank you for clarifying the differences in atheism and christianity.

Christians started this war. Then you whine about how people are being so mean to you. Hypocrites. You're going to get as good as you give. I and people like me will make sure of that. Loving people? Give me a break. His only purpose is to instill people with fear and rage, which is how Christianity propagates. The fact that you don't mention the fear and rage in your saccharine sales pitch doesn't mean it's not there.

also, the original video makes perfect sense to christians. It wasn't made as a sales pitch to non-christians in an attempt to convert anyone. It is his feelings about how institutionalized religion has gone away from the message of Christ. So, no surprise it doesn't make sense to you and your buddy the amazing atheist.

No, it was made as a sales pitch to Christians in an attempt to reassure them that they are better than everyone else. He might claim he's not in favor of institutionalized religion or Republican politics, but I'll bet you one dollar more than all the money there is in the entire world that he belongs to some megachurch and is a lifelong registered Republican, just like you. It doesn't make sense because it's a bunch of lies.

SCF Rewards
    Country

so gbm- basically you will continue to justify your hatred, and just like an abuser, you will defend yourself by saying "oh come on, you were asking for it."

all of your arguments against christianity hinge on the false premise that you know everything about everyone in the world like you are God (funny, I know).

what is funny, is that you call me a hypocrite and yet you talk non stop about how much christians are mean to you and judge you, all the while you are just attempting to excuse your own hate. So, who is the hypocrite again?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Miami Dolphins New York Mets Miami Heat
    See FLIHGH's Items on eBay

This has been allllll over Facebook

SCF Rewards
    Country

so gbm- basically you will continue to justify your hatred, and just like an abuser, you will defend yourself by saying "oh come on, you were asking for it."

No, I say I have every right to feel the way I feel because of my personal history, and those who do evil deserve to have evil done to them in return. Christians are like the schoolyard bully who pushes some smaller kid around over and over, then when the other kid fights back, the bully goes running and crying to the teacher about how he was just being a perfect little angel when that other mean little kid came up and started a fight.

all of your arguments against christianity hinge on the false premise that you know everything about everyone in the world like you are God (funny, I know).

You mean like how Christians are always telling me what I think, they are always telling me what I feel, they are telling me what I know, they are telling me what I do, and they are telling me what I have done? That is funny.

what is funny, is that you call me a hypocrite and yet you talk non stop about how much christians are mean to you and judge you, all the while you are just attempting to excuse your own hate. So, who is the hypocrite again?

Christians are the aggressors and the oppressors. I have every right to feel the way I feel. And it's hypocritical to accuse others of hypocrisy when you are a hypocrite yourself.
    Last edited by gatorboymike; 01-14-2012 at 12:19 AM.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast