Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 71415161718192027 ... LastLast

Thread: 100 in 2012 successes

SCF Rewards
    Country

Have you seen the Meyers Leonard video where his brother comes to see him at Illinois? Awesome video, I thought of printing an 8x10 of a screencap of that video to mail to him but didn't know if he signed TTM. I just sent out an envelope to the Jake to Masterson. He seems like a heck of a signer so I figured it won't hurt. Had two stamps sitting on the dresser for about a month now. Looks like you got all the Cavs just in time for Tribe season!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

This will be short as a lot of personal problems have surfaced...

ST return

Johnny Giavotella 1/1

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Gotta say that Francona has the Tribe looking pretty good to start the season. If Masterson keeps dealing then they will go far this season. I would say they have improved in several areas but could use help in the rotation still. See how Kazmir does on his comeback.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Smell that people...That smell is baseball

BASEBALL IS BACK!

Oh I am so excited for Indians baseball, even though my week has been shaky at best. Allow me to elaborate.

So Indians Home Opener was this past week. I decided to try an additional game to add onto my already planned game on Wed. So I went on Tuesday and tried to get the Yankees before the game...Zero! Avoid/Auto at your own risk. Nobody signed for anybody. I was so surprised. Not only that, but the away side usher was a complete jerk, trying to remove everybody from the section 30 minutes before the game. He let us stay around the 3rd row, but the man was annoying, constantly telling people that the players dont sign as they are "in game mode" and dont sign for fans like us. Really swell guy. Didn't stay after because my group didn't want to stay. But hey...I grabbed a T-Shirt at the T-Shirt Toss! So yay?

So we go to Wednesday. Anybody in Ohio Wednesday will tell you that it was a stormy day. The game would be postponed due to this, but during the 6:00 hr., the gates were open and it was dry for a short time. I came just as the pitchers were warming up.

1/1 Zach McAllister: Bowman Rookie

1/1 Vinnie Pestano

Not Pictured
    1/1 Yan Gomes-On Program

2/2 Justin Masterson

Seriously cannot say enough nice things about this guy. Not only did he sign down the line and was super personal with everybody, but he also let me shoot a video of him talking smack to my fantasy baseball league (he is on my roster). Shout out to J_A_S_Z, as he not only took up my special 50/50 offer from last year (look back on the forum), but he supplied me with cards and gave some amazing stuff. I know you're not a fan of the Heritage as your are with your A&Gs, but consider one of the Masterson's yours if you want it. Can also talk about the Pestano also. Also got to take a photo with Pedro Gomez as he was at the game also.

So the game got postponed and I didnt stay after as it was pouring rain and I am not crazy enough to stand out in pouring rain as I am sure none of the players would have signed either. Debating on going Sunday, but that's a HUGE if.

Also, almost forgot that another ST success came in. However it was WAY back from 12' season.

1/1 Curtis Granderson!

Wasnt on the card, but the postcard that he sends out. Clearly not a PP though so I was happy.
    Last edited by Rudickulous; 04-12-2013 at 03:08 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I'm wanna see the video, I took him as my fifth starter in pretty much every league. I do like the new heritage more so than the last two years. The new AG for 2013 may have one of the cleanest designs. Wish I waited for my modern set build, alas the 2012 AG look very nice signed!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

Had to jump in as I have Masterson in all 3 of my leagues getting him in the 20 rounds.A true steal
    I'm wanna see the video, I took him as my fifth starter in pretty much every league. I do like the new heritage more so than the last two years. The new AG for 2013 may have one of the cleanest designs. Wish I waited for my modern set build, alas the 2012 AG look very nice signed!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Yeah I agree that Masterson has been a steal, especially after his last start. The guy is legitimately awesome all ways around.

As for the auto world...a strange but successful day.

Went to Game 3 (And Final game) of the D League Playoffs. The Canton Charge played Tulsa 66ers, and got all three big rookies from the Oklahoma City Thunder.

After the game:

1/1 Perry Jones III

1/1 DeAndre Liggins

1/1 Rasual Butler

And finally the weird part.

1/1 Jeremy Lamb

He ran past everybody after the game, so I went out to the parking lot afterwards. Sitting in the parking lot for about 20 minutes, I ended up asking a member of the 66ers if he came out yet. He told me that he rushed out with his family back to the hotel. I am not one of the guys who goes to the hotels to graph (yet), so I thought it was the end of my night. On the contrary. The man I spoke with ended up being the coach on the team. He asked me what my name was and if I was from around the area. He told me that the hotel was just down the street and that if I gave him my name and number he would get the auto for me and leave it at the front desk. So sure enough I gave him my name and number, and later in the evening I received a phone call to come to the hotel front desk. Once I got there, there was an envelop waiting for me. An autographed Lamb card and my marker back. Thanks again to the Tulsa staff. All in all a great night!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Those are great graphs from the D-League. Here in Idaho I graph the D-League teams when they come here to play the Stampede(Trailblazers affiliate). I thought I was one of the few that actually do this, so it's cool to see someone else graphing the D-League. I am glad to see you have success like that because the D-League is a great place to get tough autographs. So far, the last couple of seasons I have gotten Christian Laettner (when he was a coach), Antoine Walker, Scott Williams (Bulls great), and a lot of up and comers. It's cool to see someone having the same success and that the 66ers coach was awesome in making sure you got the Lamb autograph. I'm a little sad that the season is ending.
    Last edited by Maddog11; 04-15-2013 at 10:30 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I decided to mail to Masterson seeing all the great things about him, I love that he does bible verse inscriptions and wrote him telling him he's not only my favorite pitcher (not hard to be on this Indians team, Sheesh is that rotation outside of Masty and ZMac bad) and a huge inspiration. Hopefully I get it back soon, if nothing else I hope he reads my note and appreciates it. Rudickulous, have you gotten anything from Hagadone or Marson in the past to know if they're nice guys? would like to send to both, and McAllister.

Also, let me know what kind of guy Reynolds is. I may send to him again, I'm a huge fan of his.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

@ maddog11 Yeah I really do like going to games such as the Akron Aeros and the Canton Charge. Those places are low key, relaxing where you can appreciate the game while seeing some up and comers/near the enders. I hope to hit a few Aeros games in between the Tribe stuff.

@W3st34- Be happy to help out. I know I got Hagadone TTM last season. I am not sure what he is like, but with the exception of Cabrera and like 2 others, anytime you mail to the Indians, you're almost bound to get your stuff back. As for Marson, I know he signs sometimes in person. I've seen him twice out of the many times I've gone, but when he does he is very nice. I got him at a charity event, but I also believe that, like Hagadone, Delontes24 TTM'ed him last year and received something. Don't quote me on that, but check the TTM cause i could have sworn there was something there.

BIG auto day for me. I'll hopefully have another post later today, but I get to meet one of my idols tonight!

Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 71415161718192027 ... LastLast