Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91617181920212229 ... LastLast

Thread: 100 in 2012 successes

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

1/1 Joe Nathan from spring training. Will have a better update tomorrow.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

*Phew*

So as none of you noticed, I am back from a week long break. I was on my mini-vacation and had a blast while I was away from computers and traveling across the US...well three states but still. Had an awesome time and actually got to see three baseball games in 48 hrs. Let's begin with stuff that we have missed.

Cleveland Indians vs. New York Yankees Doubleheader.

Actually woke up around 6:30 in the morning to travel down to the team parking lot. Although all the players I went early for the tribe, nobody signed, but got the only Yankee to sign of the day (That I know of) in Hiroki Kuroda. Here's all the successes of the day!

1/1 Hiroki Kuroda on A&G 12
    2/2 Ubaldo Jimenez on A&G 12
    2/2 Chris Perez on A&G 12
    1/1 Jason Kipnis on Topps 12
    1/1 Brian Shaw on ticket
    1/1 Ryan Raburn on Topps 12
    1/1 Drew Stubbs on Heritage 13.

On a related note, Stubbs IP auto is a lot different than his TTM auto, at least from last year that is. But still, awesome to get what I got. I also missed getting Asdrubal Cabrera (my white whale) by one person! AHHH!! Still a long season, but I cannot let that happen again!

So then we went to Pittsburgh. Nothing too exciting from the Pirates vs Brewers game. I saw an extra innings Walk off HR, but Jose Contreras snubbed me and the ushers were being jerks again. So no dice there. However, when I returned from vacation I received 4 letters. 2 were Pre prints and wont count. They were both from Elivs Andrus and Lance Berkman. Figured that since they were on Texas that it was worth at least a shot...no dice.

However, two awesome successes nonetheless

1/1- Will Clark on a Vintage Cardinals card.

1/1- Travis Pastrana on a Red Bull Magazine. Stoked about this one cause I tried a new addy that will be added later to the forum.

So all in all a couple of new sigs and a nice new addition to the collection.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Short update:

1/1 Jake Delhomme
    1/1 Jose Tabata

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Went to another game tonight. Reds vs Indians in the battle of OH. Man was it a great night. Sometimes as graphers there are nights where you get about 10 autos, but they could be from mediocre or unheard of guys trying to make a name for themselves...then there are nights when you get some quality signature that really help out a collection. Tonight, I got a nice quality boost.

Before game BP & Warm Ups. Got to a nice spot and watched the end of Reds BP. Unfortunately, Bronson Arroyo wouldnt come over when we called for him at the end of Batting practice, but still got two amazing Reds Players. Both on 2012 Heritage cards too, as I continue collecting for my set!

1/1 Brandon Philips
    1/1 Todd Frazier

It was funny as Frazier is nice, but likes to do one per person. For example tonight at the game there was a Reds fan who asked him to sign his 8x10. He requested that he added an inscription, to which Frazier replied, "Wait...didn't you ask me this last night? Have I signed for you already?" Once the man confirmed the suspicion, Frazier dropped the sharpie and moved onto others in the stands.

After the Game
    So the Tribe crushed the Reds and we hit the parking lot. Kipnis, Reynolds, and Kazmir all signed after the game, and I got them again...but it really wasnt what I was going for. I still need Swisher, Cabrera, Bourn, Myers, and Giambi. So Myers just blasted out of there...not really a surprise, but then Giambi pulled out and was on the street at a red light when fans came up to his car asking for a sig. He obliged and got a few...so even though I don't like doing that, I decided to give it a shot. Swisher came out next and did the same. he lowered his window and began to sign, but some kid took a picture with a flash, and finding this creepy, Swisher finished the one signature and said he had to go. Bummer, but an even bigger one was that Cabrera snuck out all while this was occurring. But however, the plan eventually worked as Michael Bourn came out and drove to the same red light about 10 minutes later. He lowered his window and told the fans he would sign but the minute the light hits green, he's bolting. He only got to about four people...Luckily I was the third.

1/1 Michael Bourn on A&G 2012.

J_A_S_Z, as promised...now that I have Bourn, if you see an update and see Michael Bourn's name again, it is yours!

All in all it was a great night. Six new autos, 3 new to the collection total. I plan on trying to go to the Sunday game vs. the Rays. We'll see how everything goes though.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nice haul! I'm hoping to make it up to Cleveland here before too long...have a trip to Akron planned for next week. Congrats on getting Bourn; I managed to get him in Columbus when he was rehabbing and he couldn't have been nicer.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Nice night getting lots of quality guys. Bourn was good in Houston so I'm surprised he isn't signing during BP. I went to a few games in Houston and he seemed to sign 10-20 before the game. I appreciate the help with the 2012 AG.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

@Lambeau: Very Nice, LMK when you plan on going to games. I'll let you know if I'll be there and I can show you some spots.

@J_A_S_Z: Bourn has been tricky along with Swish, Giambi, and Cabrera. Not giving up on acquiring them though. It's a long season. Just happy to get one of those guys out of the way. I also have a tendency to get frequent autos from guys who have already signed...so it'll be cool to see where we go from here.

2 quick updates. TTM both of them

1/1 Fred Jackson on a 2012 Score
    4/4 Damon Stoudemire: Funny thing with him was I sent him one card to get signed. He probably didn't have that card in his collection so he swapped them out with four other nice cards, all signed. really happy with that return.

I swear pics are coming. Grad School is a heavy heavy task along with work. But they are coming.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Some more updates as of late...

1/1-Paul George on 2012-13 Hoops
    1/1-David West on 2012-13 Hoops

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Royals vs Indians...Leggo!

Got to the stadium around 5:25, half hour before the main gates open, but BP was going on and you're allowed in the outfield seats to watch. Met one of the nicest guys (I feel at least) in the game today, Bruce Chen. Totally forgot the guy plays for them. Anyhow, he was going up to fans and joking with them, and eventually a kid asked for his autograph. This is when Chen proceeded to sign for dozens of fans and joked around with a few. Awesome vet

1/1 Program

Gates opened and the teams went into the dugout. Nobody signed on their way in, but on the way out for warm ups/stretching:

1/1 Mike Moustakas on 2012 Heritage
    1/1 David Lough on Program
    1/1 Elliot Johnson on Program

Even though he's having a bad year, Glad to get Moustakas on my Heritage for the set.

After the game:

I have to tell ya, it didnt look promising for a while. Not because the players werent going to sign or anything, but there were tons of people literally there. I was shocked. However, I met this cool dude outside of the stadium with his girlfriend. He really wanted Masterson and had been around a few times. So we decided to team up and try to help one another out. And that's what we did.

1/1 Jason Giambi on UD 2000 card (Athletics)
    2/2 Drew Stubbs on 2012 Gypsy Queen and 2012 Heritage.
    1/1 Mark Reynolds on 2012 Heritage
    1/1 Justin Masterson on 2013 Topps
    1/1 Carlos Santana on 2012 Heritage

So some solid stuff there. First time getting Santana this season and 1st time ever getting Giambi. J_A_S_Z! Good news for you buddy. Since I got my Santana Heritage signed and have two other A&Gs now to replace this one...I will send you my previously signed Santana A&G 2012 for your collection! Kudos buddy!

So anyways, solid night for the collection. May go back Sunday vs. Twins. By the off chance CLRyan5 pops in here, any idea who's good at signing for on the Twins? Wanna know who to try for and who to save my breathe on.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Thanks a ton!
    just saw Twins in KC and Willingham, Carroll, Dozier, Deduno signed pregame. I heard Morneau signed but never saw him. I think Parmelee signed for a few people. Never saw Hicks, Arcia sign.

Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91617181920212229 ... LastLast