Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 192627282930 LastLast

Thread: 100 in 2012 successes

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Awesome returns, and IP!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Apologies to all, grad school and just flat out laziness can get to a guy. This next post will be a long one...hope you're ok with that. You are? Cool!

Ok first thing's first. I have to finish my final MLB auto session of the season. Funny enough, it's with one of the teams fighting in the World Series!

Kansas City Royals vs Cleveland Indians.

Hotel:

1/1- Ned Yost on Top Loader
    1/1- Liam Hendricks on 2012 Heritage RC
    1/1- James Shields on 2014 Allen & Ginter Pastime's Pastimes Insert
    1/1- Jason Vargas on 2012 Topps
    1/1- Salvador Perez on 2012 Heritage (This was super cool because he only signed for me as everybody else just assumed he wouldn't sign. He normally isn't the best about, but since everybody else went for Infante, he walked up to me, winked at me, and just signed beautifully!)
    1/1- Mike Moustakas on 2013 Topps Chasing the Dream Insert
    1/1- Scott Downs on 2012 Heritage
    1/1- Wade Davis on 2012 Heritage
    1/1- Luke Hochevar on 2012 Topps

Some people also came out like Ventura, Dyson, and Guthrie but just weren't up to signing. Still anyday I can grab Shields and Perez, I'm stoked.

Ok moving on:

TTMs since my last update:

1/1- Bill Romanowski on 2000 Fleer Skybox (Awesome guy. Wrote "Do Not Bend" on my envelopes and the signature really looks cool)
    1/1- WWE's Jack Swagger on 2010 Topps Platinum
    1/1- Buck Showalter on 2012 Heritage
    1/1- Eric Stults on 2014 Heritage
    1/1- Tom Wilhelmsen on 2011 Topps RC
    1/1- Fredi Gonzalez on 2012 Heritage (Auto looks funny, kinda like the next one, Would love a double check on it if possible)
    1/1- Delanie Walker on 2014 Score (Once again, I know his auto and it is more elaborate then what I got back. The one I received only has a giant D with his #. The D looks like it does in his other autos, but the other autos are more elaborate so idk.)
    1/1- Brad Ziegler on 2014 Heritage
    1/1- Joe Benson on 2012 Topps

Again, Moving on

Cleveland Cavaliers vs Tel Aviv Maccabi

First Preseason game so I went to the Cavs side.

1/1- Raja Bell on team Preseason Roster program/8x10, Apparently he works in their front office now. Very cool. This picture will not be featured in the bottom pic.
    1/1- Joe Harris on Virginia 8x10
    1/1- Matthew Dellavedova on Team Australia 8x10
    1/1- Alex Kirk on 4x6
    1/1- Shane Edwards on 4x6
    1/1- Lou Amundson on 4x6
    1/1- Chris Crawford on 4x6
    1/1- Brendan Haywood on 10-11 Playoff Contenders
    1/1- Kyrie Irving on 2013-14 NBA Pinnacle Team 2020 Insert (THIS CARD IS AVAILABLE for Trade or for Sale, PM if interested and with offer)

Milwaukee Bucks vs Cleveland Cavaliers

1/1- John Henson on 2013-14 NBA Pinnacle
    1/1- Jarryd Bayless on a 2009-10 Panini (His signature is UGLY)
    1/1- Nate Wolters on 2013-14 NBA Pinnacle RC
    1/1- Kendall Marshall on 2013-14 NBA Hoops
    1/1- Zaza Pachulia on 2012-13 NBA Hoops
    1/1- O.J. Mayo on 2012-13 NBA Hoops
    2/2- Jared Dudley on 2013-14 NBA Hoops base & Spark Plug Insert
    1/1- Jabari Parker on SI Cover (Wish he would have signed it larger, but it's still really cool!)
    1/1- Jason Kidd on 2012-13 NBA Hoops

Ok so this has been going on for a LONG time now and I need to get some sleep so I will just post my last few successes and (Hopefully) get images up tomorrow.

Dallas Mavericks vs Cleveland Cavaliers (Side note: All my NBA games are pre-game warm up, no hotel)

1/1- Greg Smith on Floorboard (FT or FS)
    1/1- Devin Harris on Preseason Roster program/8x10 (FT or FS)
    1/1- Rick Carlisle on Floorboard
    1/1- Mark Cuban on Floorboard (Super surprised he was there. The man is super nice and is down to earth. Great auto and even gave me a picture)
    1/1- Tyson Chandler on 2012-13 NBA Hoops (Huge for me as I have been skipped the past two times. He was also super nice and even stopped for a picture as well!)

And that should catch us up!

Thank goodness and thanks for hanging in there as well. Hope you like some of the pics. Next up, possibly the Browns vs. Raiders. We'll see!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Glad to see the season is treating you well. Early season always seems to be the best time to graph. We are lucky and get several good signing teams in OKC early.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Thanks J_A_S_Z, for some reason, basketball is always a great sport to graph...well for the most part. I hope all is going well with you in OKC and continues to go well.

So I have been gone for a bit. My B...I have learned recently that I suffer from laziness. I am around and I do read the forums here and there, but I just haven't had the motivation of old to always update. I need to do better and will. For those of you who come and read and encourage...I do thank and appreciate the reads and kind words. This post shouldn't disappoint either. So when I last left off, we had just finished my last preseason game.

TTMs

1/1-J.J. Barea on 2012-13 NBA Hoops- Smudged...Not the best but I'll take it!
    1/1-Bruce Bochy on 2012 Heritage- This looks kind of autopened. Does anybody know if the Bochy's are legit? Maybe its just me
    1/1-Coby Fleener on 2013 Topps
    1/1-Derek Carr on 2014 Panini Prestige Draft Picks Insert

Honorable Mention
    0/1-Bronson Arroyo- Sent him a card early spring training. Just got back an autopenned auto card. Kind of disappointing.

Ok, onto the good stuff.

Cleveland Browns vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers

1/1-Johnathan Banks on 2013 Absolute Football RC #/499- I normally dont get numbered cards autoed, but It was all I had of him and...it looks pretty sweet.
    1/1-Louis Murpgy on 2011 Rookies and Stars
    1/1-William Gholston & Akeem Spence on 2014 Topps Buccaneers Checklist-I dont like to get 2 on 1 card, but I had to...lack of cards.
    1/1-Bobby Rainey on 2014 Topps
    1/1-Mike James on Buccaneers Checklist Topps 2010
    1/1-...Either David Lavonte or Danny Lansanah on 2014 Buccaneers Checklist
    1/1 Gerald McCoy on 2011 Score-HE SMUDGED HIS OWN AUTO! Nothing too severe as it was mainly on his #, but still! Even though that happened, still a nice addition.
    1/0-Bradley McDougald on his own game used glove- He signed on the inside of the glove. His signature is kind of faded and i have debate on this item, because about 10 minutes later, my favorite player on the Titans (well use to be) walked up.
    1/1- Alterraun Verner on Game used Glove- Nothing but awesome things to say about him. He stayed and talked Titans with me for a while. Awesome guy. My only question now is to keep both signatures on the glove or just try my best to get McDougald's off. Probably keep it though as it is still a signature and a cool experience. Plus, it would be nice to keep the auto of the guy nice enough to give me the glove...even if the signature is faded.

1/1-Mason Foster and Demar Dotson on Ticket Stub.

I believe that I have one more auto from the game, but cannot locate it at the time. All in all though a great success

Next on the Agenda, and probably my favorite!

San Antonio Spurs vs. Cleveland Cavaliers.

Went to the Spurs side...and it did not disappoint. And I even have a super twist suprise at the end!

1/1-Tim Duncan on 2012-13 NBA Hoops- First success and it was AWESOME!
    1/1-Sean Elliot on Toploader
    1/1-Boris Diaw on 2012-13 NBA Hoops
    1/1-Corey Joseph on 2012-13 NBA Hoops
    1/1-Chris Broussard on Toploader-I wish I would have done what the guy next to me did. He asked him to sign with the inscription "My Sources tel me..."
    1/1-Manu Ginobili on 2012-13 NBA Hoops
    1/1-Tony Parker on 2012-13 NBA Hoops- I GOT ALL THREE! Man, I saw so many people with the SI Cover of all three of them on it. I really wish I would've had that. But it's all good as the Spurs are almost all complete for my set!
    1/1-Jeff Ayres on Program
    And...
    1/1-Hulk Hogan on Toploader! WWE was there to promote the TLC PPV coming on my birthday (Which I will be graphing hopefully). Hogan came out and was heading right to the court. He stopped to high five a few fans and I was daring enough to call him over for an auto. He only signed for me as I was the only one out of us to ask him. It was funny as I handed him a clicky top sharpie without him knowing the type. He tried to rip off the top, thinking it was the lid when I told him "Hey Mr. Hogan, that's a clicky top sir." He just looked down and responded, "Yeah, looks like ya got me brother." AWESOME! So he signed and went right out to the floor, ignoring the rest of the auto requests, but still took some pictures on the way out. Nice guy! Always a Hulkamaniac!

Orlando Magic vs. Cleveland Cavaliers
    So tonight wasn't as good, but I'll take it

1/1-Ben Gordon on 2012-13 NBA Hoops
    1/1-Luke Ridnour on 2012-13 NBA Hoops
    1/1-Kyle O'Quinn on 2012-13 Panini Marquee
    1/1-Dwayne Dedman on Ticket

Disappointing, but it was what it was. So until next time Happy Thanksgiving to everybody!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Quite Possibly the Last Update of 2014.

Browns vs. Colts

1/1 Pat McAfee on Top Loader-Coolest Punter in the NFL (Weird sentence...). Love the guy, especially his stories on Bob & Tom. Took a selfie with him, nicest dude.
    1/1 Adam Vinatieri on Top Loader-Even wrote a "SB Champs" inscription for me, Awesome success from a future HOFer.
    1/1 Sergio Brown on Top Loader
    2/2 D'Qwell Jackson on (2) 2013 Panini Rookies and Stars
    1/1 Hakeem Nicks on 2013 Absolute Football
    1/1 K'Waun Williams on Toploader.

Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Charlotte Hornets

1/1 Jason Maxiell on 2009 Panini
    1/1 Michael Kidd-Gilchrist on 2012-13 NBA Hoops
    1/1 Brian Roberts on 2012-13 Panini
    1/1 P.J. Hairston on Toploader- Just a simple P.J. as his auto...ehhh.
    1/1 Jannero Pargo on Toploader
    1/1 Al Jefferson on 2014-15 NBA Hoops
    2/2 Kemba Walker on SI Magazine & 2012-13 Panini- Still an Awesome dude!
    3/3 Larry Nance on Cavs Card Giveaway-He was there as a special signing along with...
    2/2 Elmore Smith on Cavs Card Giveaway.

& Finally

Atlanta Hawks vs Cleveland Cavaliers

1/1 Shelvin Mack on 2012-13 NBA Hoops
    1/1 Al Horford on 2012-13 NBA Hoops
    1/1 Kyle Korver on 2014-15 Panini Prestige
    1/1 Kent Bazemore on 2012-13 Panini
    1/1 Mike Scott on 2012-13 Panini
    1/1 John Jenkins on 2013-14 NBA Hoops Dreams Insert
    1/1 Pero Antic on 2013-14 Panini
    1/1 Shawn Marion on Toploader

I wish I could hit the Friday and Sunday games, but I will be working the Friday as I leave for vacation on Sunday, so realistically (unless something happens), I think I am done with autographing this season. It's been an incredible year and I will look back on it later. Until then though, Happy Holidays everybody!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

What's up everybody and Happy 2015!

So a lot has gone down since I last posted, including the start of a new year. So we have some updates.

Before the end of the new year, I able to sneak in one last game.

Canton Charge vs. L.A. Defenders

1/1-Vander Blue on Top Loader
    1/1 Phil Hubbard on Top Loader

Not the best guys to get, but Phil Hubbard is a Canton born and raised guy, who not only played in the NBA and is a Coach, but also an Olympian who brought the gold home in 1976. Vander Blue is cool cause he did play up in the NBA last season with the Celtics.

Then the new year was ushered in. This was interesting as I looked back at the goals I had set and I feel like I accomplished them all. In 2014 I was able get over 365 autographs, I was able to expand my collection as I obtained a lot of football (something that was scarce) autos, good ones at that, all while also branching over to wrestling and other areas I have interest in, and I finally got Nick Swisher to sign for me (thank goodness), so I can stop worrying about my harlem shake piece. So really I have no new goals as of right now. I need a good New Years Resolution/Goal and I am already 7 days in. I'm sure an idea will come to me, but I only really have one that comes off the top of my head.

GOALS (FOR NOW) OF 2015:
    1. Trade with members here to increase auto collection: This seems simple enough, but I never get into it. Maybe its me but I always fear of getting cheated on a trade or perhaps the auto I am getting is not authentic or I'm getting duped. However, over some time on here, I have gotten to trade with some people (Hey J_A_S_Z, Hey Vladfan27, Hey Cyberer) and they have really gotten me to come around. So I'm opening the floor with you guys. If its here or via PM, lmk if you like something I have or wanna see something I have or even want a 50/50, I am open to all cases. Just LMK. Worst I can do is say no, but hopefully that won't be the case. But Anyways...

2015!

So I started my year off with a few new additions at the Cavs vs Dallas Mavericks game.

1/1- Dwight Powell on Toploader-Kind of a bad auto. A "D-----|" looking thing if the "-" are closed together. This might become trader fodder or a throw in or a contest thing, who knows.
    1/1-Kaleb Canales on 2012-13 NBA Hoops-It's funny cause two other assistants came over and were shocked he even had a card. He use to head coach Portland, so I guess they liked messing with him, really nice dude though.
    1/1-Rick Carlisle on 2012-13 NBA Hoops- Nice guy, and it allows me to try to trade/sell my wooden floorboard auto of his I got back in Pre-season
    1/1-Tyson Chandler on 2013-14 Prestige-Probably traded soon to improve my 2012-13 Hoops collection! Lookin at you J_A_S_Z!
    1/1-Charlie Villanueva on 12-13 Marquee
    1/1-Jose Barea on 09-10 Panini
    1/1-Raja Bell (works with the Cavs now, also got a selfie) on 09-10 Panini
    1/1 Raymond Felton on 10-11 Classics- This one was super weird. I wanted him to sign my 12-13 NBA Hoops card for my set. He looked at the card though and said that he refused to sign anything from Portland. IDK why but luckily I got my other card of him out and he signed.

Dirk Skipped, Monta & Parsons ran by and Rondo snuck out.

Tonight's game
    Rockets vs Cavs

This was horrible. Really 3 guys signed and I missed two because they ran off but signed at the very end of the line while I was in the front. Cause of that I missed McHale and Beverly. Harden ran off, Terry ran off and the only guy I got was:

2/2 Corey Brewer on 12-13 Past & Present and a 09-10 Panini

So that is that for now. Right now on the calendar I have nothing scheduled until early February, so I have a little quiet time to collect funds, restock and prep for two big events (76ers game & a live WWE House Show). I am not saying January is completely done for me, but I also head back for my last grad school semester and I have no idea what that will entail. Until next time though, Happy Graphing.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I don't understand.....you get some of these guys on top loaders? why?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I don't understand.....you get some of these guys on top loaders? why?

Maybe it's just me, but sometimes I just don't have items for some people. The way I see it, card companies give you how many a box, and I have tons of them. It's essentially a blank space and it's the perfect size for card holders. I usually get people I do not expect to be there. Also, I don't feel like going to COMC and paying 3.50 for shipping for guys like Vander Blue who don't have any cards or if the do, are super overpriced because there are so few available.

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants Philadelphia Phillies New Jersey Devils
    See arfmax's Items on eBay

OK, I think it is a terminology thing. If you go to a hobby store, top-loaders are the clear plastic cases that you put trading cards into for protection. They come in packs of 5-10, and are in various sized based upon the thickness of the cards they are protecting.
    Decoy cards, or blanks, are what you are using to get signed, which are the cardboard filler cards that come in packs of cards to supposedly thwart pack searchers.

I have also used decoy cards or blanks in a pinch for someone I couldn't get a card of.
    Working on autographed 1987 Topps Baseball set:
    Total Cards in Set:792/Total Autographable: 760 (6 Checklists, 26 Team Leaders)
    Total Autographed:639!
    Currently Sent (Outstanding):44
    Percent Complete:84.1

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Really, because at least from my area, they are referred to as Toploaders, but yes you could call them decoy cards. That is what I am using.

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 192627282930 LastLast