Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

Thread: 100 in 2012 successes

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

1 more back today. Came in about 6-7 days, Richard Petty on an A&G 2012. Looks really nice!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Hey guys, sorry about the delay. It's been hectic here in Canton OH, and working in one of the best restaurants doesn't help. All the HOF'ers and golfers bring business which keeps the dive i work at REALLY busy. Unfortunately, we're not allowed to ask famous players for autographs, but the cool thing is I got to see Sergio Garcia and other famous golfers tonight, which is cool when you know that they're eating your food.

As for the announcement, I will come out with it. I know I said Friday or Saturday last week, but I need more time to organize. Trust me, you won't be disappointed. As for now, one more success to report. A good one too!

1/1 Ricky Watters.

In my opinion, one of the best RBs of all time to still not be in the HOF. He'll get there eventually though. I had mentally given up on this auto, thinking that he would never get this back to me, but lo and behold about 6-7 months later, a card returns with his signature. He swapped the cards, but honestly he gave me a much better card. Thanks again Mr. Watters.

Photos to come shortly.

BANNED

Country

hey man, did my cards arrive yet? And have you sent mine out yet?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Clear your inbox, then PM me.

SCF Rewards
    Country

That's awesome! Where do you work in Canton?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I'll PM it to ya if you want to know. Dont wanna reveal location/business place. But if your in Ohio, ill PM the deets.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See daytondragon's Items on eBay

Ok Im in Ohio and I wanna know.....LOL. Your killing me with this anouncement, I check this thread everyday......LOL

SCF Rewards
    Country

Haha, the suspense is killing me!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Big day of successes to report, so this report will be all text followed by a post pics. As many of you can imagine, a lot needs to be said.

First off, major 50/50s and trades came back TTM. Players like Phillies OF Dominic Brown & Kyle Hudson (Hudson now in AAA), St. Louis Cardinals Pitchers Chris Carpenter & Fernando Salas. Both going to the 2011 World Series Autograph collection. I believe that makes that collection now 6 players on the team.

Then came Saturday. HUGE DAY. Being from Canton, when the Football HOF induction ceremony runs through town, there are celebrities/athletes galore, and top that off with the Firestone tournament from golf, things just get crazy.

Went to a show early Saturday morning and got autographs from Thurman Thomas, Leroy Kelly, and Elvin Bethea (Bethea goes on my Titans helmet, he joins Craig Hentrich...yeah i know, not the best company but I really am a fan.) Then to top that off, the promoter/company running the event was selling leftover autos from previous signings. So I picked up a Mike Munchak & Issac Bruce autograph both on separate cards. Then went home from the event only to get a TTM from former Jets WR Wayne Chrebet.

Finally if that wasn't enough, the best was yet to come. Best because it was soooooo unexpected. Working later that night at the restaurant, my boss came back and informed me that we had a football star/ESPN analysist dining with us before the HOF induction ceremony. It was none other than former Jets & Browns head coach Eric Mangini! I didn't have anything for him to sign and the policy at my work place was not to bother famous people, so I walked out and got a glimpse of him. When I did, I notice my boss grabbing a few autos. Turns out that one was made for me. My boss literally is the coolest!

All in all, an amazing week. Pictures are coming following this post.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________________________

OH YEAH, Almost forgot about something.

Apologies to those who have been waiting patiently for the announcement. It has been a difficult process as I still have no idea how I will work it or what not. Plus with all the waiving recently, IDK who will all be there. However here's the announcement. As I mentioned in a previous post, I will be attending an Indians game where after the game, there is a signing to be held. Due to my donation, I have gained a pass...but there are some players who I have already and perhaps don't need. Therefore I have decided....

50/50 Cleveland Indians Players!

That's right. Now here are some specifics that I want to issue. When the time comes, I will announce when you can send me requests. To make it fair to all readers, please limit yourself one player. People who I do not have for my collection (Ex. Asdrubal Cabrera, Carlos Santana, Shin Soo Choo, Vinnie Pestano & Michael Brantley.) will not be available. Sorry, know that's a decent portion, but as the saying goes, gotta look out for #1. But that means players like Justin Masterson, Ubaldo Jimenez, Chris Perez, Jason Kipnis, and others will be available. Also this list may change as I plan on attending 1 or 2 more games before the signing, so we'll see. Also, all requests are to come via PM ONLY. I don't want this forum spammed with requests. I love conversation and what not like any other forum, but keep it that way. When the time comes, I will inform you that you guys can start sending me requests via PM and we will work out a deal. Also, there may be a time where i stop doing 50/50s but remember that I am a collector just like all of you are. So if I stop and you still want an indians auto: LET ME KNOW. I will try to squeeze in a 2nd one if the player is generous and perhaps we could work out a trade or something.

This is my way of saying thank you to all of those people who have wished well with autograph successes, who have been awesome guests to the forum, and just simply for checking in now and then. As I've said, I love this website/forum, and always hope to give back to the community one way or another. I will also say (due to me being sometime oblivious of the forum rules), if I need to get this sort of thing approved by the SCF or anything, please lmk and I will do so. I don't believe I have to as 50/50s usually don't (only rule i am breaking is the whole "place this in the 50/50 forum, but I loophole it due to this being my success thread...i hope), but lmk. Goodnight, and here's hoping to another awesome week of successes!!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast