Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast

Thread: 100 in 2012 successes

SCF Rewards
    Country

great stuff, enjoy the Indians event

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Very surprising day today as I got a return which I had been expecting, but then had a complete twist ending. Allow me to elaborate for you. Back around May, I hyped a big return coming soon.

However, just mailed a HUGE project today and hopefully if it comes back within 6-8 weeks, may be one of my biggest successes this season. Stay posted.

What I had done was donated to the Colorado Rockies foundation and in exchange was allowed an autograph request. I had sent a ROMLB and requested Todd Helton's autograph. The man is a hitting machine. Has always had solid numbers, and nearly every record or statistic talked about hitting wise, Todd Helton's name is up there in the conversation. You can give me all the jargon you want about padded stats due to the stadium or being in Colorado...Helton in my mind is a HOFer.

Anyways, finally received this package back and opened the box. After looking at the ball, I noticed a small like auto on the sweet spot. Then carefully examining the ball...I found that it wasn't Helton's signature at all. But it was rather All-Star Shortstop Troy Tulowitzki?!?!

I literally was just like...wait what?!? I called the Rockies foundation and offered a switcharoo, but I think I may just make another donation. It came down to those two when making the decision and just seeing that auto on a ball...it's just too cool to pass up. I am definitely uploading a picture tomorrow...sweet return and really unexpected!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Rindo03461's Items on eBay

Wow thats awesome- love that, highly contemplating sending one to Carlos Gonzalez as he is participating in that fundraiser event too
    Last edited by ILLRIMESAYA; 08-10-2012 at 12:22 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Pics to come later, but another huge day at the Cleveland Indians vs. Boston Red Sox game.

Pregame- arrived right when the stadium opened up to see some of the Red Sox pitchers warm up (no BP during Sunday day games). Right off the bat
    1/1 Mark Melancon on Heritage Red Sox '12
    1/1 Ryan Lavarnway on Heritage '12

Just when I think everything is over, I am packing up when I see one more person head over. Possibly the best one so far this season!

1/1 Carl Crawford on Eastern League OLB. That was incredible and I am still in shock that I got him on a ball!

Game was disappointing as Cleveland once again got CRUSHED. Think the final was 14-1. I'd call that a spanking.

So afterwards got some more autos from Indians players/manager. Started off with the usual guys I seem to always get. Awesome for them to almost always sign.

1/1 Justin Masterson on Ginter '12
    1/1 Jason Kipnis (working on another side project. On a Donruss rookie of him and Mike Leake from Arizona State. Needless to say, mailing the card to Cincy tomorrow.

However, the rest of the autos I got were phenomenal as I've never got these two before.

1/1 Jack Hannahan on mini souvenir helmet. Gold signature very nice.
    1/1 Manny Acta on Heritage '12
    1/1 Carlos Santana on Ginter '12. Didn't think i would get him. As he was leaving in his car. A guy I had just met (who not only gave me a free photo) told me he only signs from his car if you're on the other side of the street when he's leaving. The ushers tried to get us to go away, but sure enough, he propped down his window and signed for 3-4 people, I got lucky and I got my card signed finally!

Overall, today was an awesome success!
    Last edited by Rudickulous; 08-12-2012 at 07:32 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

+2 More to the collection today. San Diego Padres star Chase Headley and Golf Legend Arnold Palmer. Both are on Ginter '12.

Well here's an interesting item. If my calculations are correct, this will be the 99th autograph this year, one shy of my goal. Knowing my consistency of sending out items...100 should be anyday now. Any ideas on how to celebrate the accomplishment?

Also, should I get a brand new forum at the end of the year. This one was designed to keep track of 2012 and it's done so. However, 2012 will be over sooner than you know it (whether you believe the Mayans or not). Should I make a new forum or just continue this one?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Just continue this one- we are all very familiar with you via this title and look forward, as always to reading your posts

SCF Rewards
    Country

Keep this one, I enjoy following it!

By the way, shoot me your address (again). My baseball season of 'graphing is over and I have a package for you.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Well tonight was the big night...#100!...and 101 came today.

It's been a fun year so far and its hard to believe I hit my goal so quick, but received two autos today.

1/1 Joel Hanrahan P. for the Pittsburgh Pirates.
    1/1 Jed Lowrie SS for the Houston Astros

As said before, I was deciding what I would do to the forum, and I have decided to continue posting here until the end of the year with updates and total # until the end of 2012...then I will decide on the fate of this board. until then...

YEAH! 100! WE (I) DID IT!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Congrats!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Congratulations my friend, Hanrahan and Lowrie make for pretty good 100 and 101 adds

Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast