Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 18252627282930 LastLast

Thread: 100 in 2012 successes

SCF Rewards
    Country

Those Jeters look fantastic. Congrats!

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Awesome Jeters, I had a buddy tell me he racked it out. I was in Cleveland for the day game of the Angels and a few days of the Tigers (also got Joe Smith, and missed Trout), I'm assuming you weren't around for the Tigers?
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Awesome Jeters, I had a buddy tell me he racked it out. I was in Cleveland for the day game of the Angels and a few days of the Tigers (also got Joe Smith, and missed Trout), I'm assuming you weren't around for the Tigers?

Naw, I unfortunately couldn't make the Detroit Games this time around. Actually taking another big test so my games have been lackluster as of late, but with Nationals coming up, it should be a fun experience...but more on that later...And I really hope to bump into you there.

So I haven't posted some stuff, so I will have legit quickie update along with a nice announcement. Here goes

White Sox vs Indians series.

Went to the hotel to graph the Sox. This hotel is relatively new in CLE and is extremely awful to graphers. The employees tried to block away graphers completely. They went through all means to prevent us from asking for autographs. They positioned us on one side of the building and directed the players' taxis to the opposite. Then when we moved to that side, they would direct the players to the other. Once the group separated and obtained some autos (Dayan Viciedo, Hector Noesi), the security informed us that they would be asking us to leave immediately...so we walked across the street and waited. These guys made it a living nightmare to enjoy a hobby. However, Not all was lost.

1/1-Hector Noesi on 2012 Heritage
    1/1-Dayan Vicideo on Bowman 2014
    1/1-Jose Quintana on 2014 Opening Day White Sox Mascot Card (Don't laugh, but it's all I had).
    1/1-John Danks on 2014 Heritage
    1/1-??? & ??? on 2012 Heritage White Sox Checklist- I got two guys autos, but cannot make out the signature/cannot remember who they were. I can honestly say that this is bothering me. I may post a help page soon, but I do believe one auto was Jake Petricka, but IDK.

Browns Training Camp:

Went on Day 3 of the camp. I mostly got autos for my gf as she is a DIE HARD Browns fan (Go Titans here). Her item had names like Garrett Gilky, Billy Winn, Darius Eubanks, and some other names. However, I did obtain a few for myself.

1/1-Willie Snead on Top Loader
    1/1-Ahtyba Rubin on Browns Mini Helmet

Nothing too too exciting though. Just barely missed out on getting both Kruger and Cameron which made me upset, but hey, can't win them all.

Now to the fun stuff

The Next post you see in this forum will be my Nationals post. Hopefully some awesome successes as well as breaks. There will be pics, stories, and I am sure plenty of awesome memories. I hope to see as many of you there and hopefully the best of luck with your purchases/experiences.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Wow...Just wow.

It has been a long time, but I have been active. First things first...Nationals.

If you have never gone to a Nationals before, Go! I highly recommend it. I had awesome box breaks which included cards such as a Panini Preferred Booklet of Shaq, three color memorabilia, numbered to 25 (books for 125), A Dennis Rodman Panini Preferred Auto #/15 (books 100), and on top of that, I got into free box breaks of Topps Tribute 2014 (Which I got a Patrick Corbin auto, A Jason Heyward auto, and a Craig Kimbrel auto, all numbered to 50 or lower), I got awesome wrapper redemptions (A Dante Exum NBA Draft lava flow relic with the A from his jersey), and awesome free boxes and raffle wins. Not to mention my successes in autos. I paid 50 bucks to get:

1/1 Eddie George on a SI Magazine.

As soon as I left that line, I discovered that Doc Gooden was signing at Steiner if you purchased a ROMLB...which is what I would want him to sign and only cost me about 15 bucks.

1/1 Dwight Gooden on ROMLB SS w/ ROY inscription.

I bought two more certified autos for 20$

1/1 Chris Jericho on 8x10
    1/1 Mike "The Miz" Mizanin on 8x10

Then, IMO the best part, I traded away two extra autos I had in my collection (A Matt Adams ROMLB SS Auto and a Jake Peavy Side Panel ROMLB) and traded them for an autographed Jersey authenticated by PSA/DNA

1/1 Johnny Damon on a Boston Red Sox Jersey

Then I won an item signed by Hines Ward, but traded it with another person for what I thought was the score of the day:

1/1 Bob Gibson autographed St. Louis Cardinals Jersey w/ HOF inscription.

Seriously awesome. I liked the Hines Ward Jersey, but that other jersey was too good to pass up. It was also PSA/DNA'ed so It's pretty sweet.

Also got two free autographs from special guests at the Panini booth.

2/2-Mark Aguirre on (I believe 7x5) photo
    2/2 Jimmy Jackson on (7x5?) photo

And there was too much more to even get into. There were games, contests, journeys, stores, etc. It was awesome!

But onto the rest of my successes!

Akron Rubberducks vs New Britain Rock Cats

Pregame

1/1 Eddie Rosario on a Donruss Elite 2011
    1/1 Matthew Koch on Bowman 2013
    1/1 Adrian Salcedo on Bowman 2011
    1/1 Michael Gonzales on a Bowman 2012

After the Game/Parking Lot.
    (Unless Stated otherwise, they are on a MiLB 2014 Card
    1/1-Ronny Rodriguez
    1/1-Rouglas Odor
    1/1-Toru Murata
    1/1-Jordan Cooper
    3/3-Brian LeHair on 2 Topps 2012 and a MiLB card
    1/1-Shawn Armstrong
    1/1-Justin Toole (Honestly one of the coolest guys ever)
    1/1-Cody Anderson
    1/1-Jordan Smith
    1/1-Elvis Araujo

Overall, a cool experience. I am not too fond of minor league games unless I know of a top prospect, then I will attend. Still, they are fun every now and then.

Arizona Diamondbacks vs Cleveland Indians.

It was the day of the Doubleheader and I went to the hotel...I WAS THE ONLY GUY THERE! Eventually some kids came up, but for a good half to two thirds of the time, I was the only guy there...and it paid off.

1/1-Didi Gregorius on ROMLB Side-Panel (Stinks but still awesome)
    2/2-Addison Reed on Team Ball & A 2012 Allen & Ginter card
    1/1-Trevor Cahill on a 2012 Heritage
    1/1- Josh Collmenter on a 2012 Heritage

The following are all 1/1 on a team ball: Eury De La Rosa, Miguel Montero, Wade Miley, Matt Stites, David Peralta, Alfredo Marte, Ender Inciarte, Evan Marshall, Andrew Chafin, Chase Anderson, & Jake Lamb. There is another signature, but I cannot make it out. I will probably post it with the White sox auto the other day.

I was a bit disappointed as I didn't recognize Montero and I had something I needed signed from him. Nonetheless it was a cool auto. Same goes for Wade Miley too.

Finally, went to the Cleveland Browns final open practice. The whole team usually signs on the last day, but all the good players usually sign for the VIP section only. Missed out on Kruger, Joe Thomas, Barkevious Mingo...or so I thought, I'll get to that. After the practice though, I got the following guys on Toploaders.

1/1- John Hughes, Justin Staples, Johnathan Krause, K'Waun Williams, Eric Martin, Edwin Baker, & Craig Robertson

After Practice, my Gf and I discovered that the parking lot had fans waiting. We were on a limited schedule, but figured that we'd sit and wait...hoping for somebody. While we missed Josh Gordon, we did end up getting somebody that we couldnt get earlier.

1/1 Barkevious Mingo on 2014 Score

That should get us all caught up. Finally, I have to give another shoutout to member J_A_S_Z on the forum. He and I have a previous relationship from a 50/50 that we did earlier in the year. Throught this we have kept in contact and have helped one another trying to finish our sets. Thanks to him, I now have some new signed additions to my 2012-13 NBA Hoops collection:

1/1- Stephen Curry, Evan Fournier, Rudy Gay, Jon Leuer, Isaiah Thomas, Danilo Gallinari, & Andrew Bogut.

Thanks again to him, as these cards are awesome.

I am looking to do the Astros coming up this weekend, so stay posted.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Houston Astros vs Cleveland Indians:

Got there early but discovered that the hotel the team was staying at wasn't really the most autograph friendly. So instead I decided to go back to the Stadium parking lot. Didn't have much for the Tribe, but I did have a 2014 MLB Preview magazine that highlights most of the teams. So that had to work, and it was actually a pretty cool item to have. Only issue is that the cover is slightly bent. Nonetheless.

Pregame Parking lot: Missed out on Cody Allen, Scott Atchison, Nick Hagadone, T.J. House, Jose Ramirez, Corey Dickerson, and others. Most of these guys didn't sign. Others on this list I had nothing for them and then I started the magazine up way too late.

1/1 on Cleveland Indians Page: Brian Shaw, Marc Rzepczynski, Roberto Perez, Tyler Holt, & David Murphy
    1/1 on Washington Nationals Page: Zach Walters- Weird side note, he REFUSES to sign any of his personal stuff. No Sports cards, no 8x10s, nothing. IDK what happened, but he says there was a bad situation that he doesn't like to get into. Still happy that he signed, just curious as to what caused him to stay away from signing cards. I dont know...
    1/1 on Houston Astros Page: Tony Sipp
    1/1- Sandy Alomar Jr. on 2001 MLB Showdown card.

Inside the Stadium: Pregame

1/1-Darin Downs on Program
    1/1-Robbie Grossman on 2014 Heritage
    1/1-Scott Feldman on 2011 Topps
    1/1-Dallas Keuchel on 2012 Topps RC
    1/1-Carlos Corporan on 2012 Topps
    1/1-Jose Veras on 2011 Topps Houston Astros Checklist

That should wrap it up. Altuve only signed for 2-3 people and I just missed him. Other than that, was kind of a ok day...then again it was the Astros.

I am going to the last Cleveland Browns Preseason game, hopefully can grab somebody big there, either on the Browns or the Bears (Hoping for Brandon Marshall, Matt Forte, or any of the big names on the O). Hopefully can come away with something good.

Last edited by Rudickulous; 08-25-2014 at 12:22 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I seem to be making a habit of not posting for a while

Sorry guys, a lot of things have happened. Really cool things. It is super late and I have lots of grad school stuff, so I will give another super shortened version

TTMs:

1/1-Kevin Kousmanoff on 2011 Allen & Ginter

Last Preseason Browns Game: Browns vs. Bears.

I get inside and notice a few guys from the Browns that I needed (Isaiah Crowell, Connor Shaw, Etc.) I call them out and ask them to sign when they finish stretching, they said to go over to their tunnel and the would. I was about to head over when just then, Brandon Marshall pops up...unfortunately though, he signs for 3 people and walks into the Bears tunnel. I then headed over for the Browns Tunnel.

2/2-Connor Shaw on 2014 Score Rookie Card
    1/1-Isaiah Crowell on 2014 Score Rookie Card-My gf can attest this as well, before the game, I asked him why the team wasn't giving him any snaps all pre-season, he agreed and started to chat with us. Before he left, I just said, "Don't worry, you'll prove all the doubters wrong tonight." Funny enough, he killed it.
    1/1-Terrance West on 2014 Score Rookie Card
    1/1-K'Waun Williams, Jordan Cameron & Paul McQuistan on Top Loaders
    1/1-Miles Austin on 2012 Topps Platinum.
    1/1-Jared Allen on 2014 Score-Really Cool guy. I went back to the Bears side at the very end and missed out on Forte and Bennett. I noticed a huge crowd at the tunnel for Allen, and two other guys with Jared Allen Jerseys...I picked the jersey people, and it paid off. He stayed and talked with us for a bit too. Very nice guy.

NEXT

Detroit Tigers vs Cleveland Indians:
    This was the Thursday game, getaway day. It was funny cause I had heard there was about roughly 40 people at the hotel on Labor Day waiting for autographs. I went today to discover that I was the only one there! It turned out to be a really good day!

1/1-Stephen Moya on Team Checklist Topps 2011
    1/1-Brad Ausmus on 2008 Topps Card
    1/1-Joba Chamberlain on 2011 Topps Card-He seriously looks like a hobo with his long hair and beard now. Guess he's loving the fact that he can grow out facial hair now that he's away from the Yankees.
    1/1-Torii Hunter on 2012 Heritage-SUPER nice guy.
    1/1-Al Alburquerque on 2012 Heritage
    1/1-Ian Kinsler on 2012 Heritage
    1/1-Joe Nathan on 2012 Topps All-Star Card
    1/1-Miguel Cabrera on SI Cover

It probably helped that I was by myself, but all in all awesome day.

I may be hitting the Browns opener, but we'll see.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings New York Yankees Indianapolis Colts
    Instagram:

You killed it with Detroit, I haven't heard many good things from them IP. Even better, most of those guys charge through the foundation.

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yep, you killed it on Detroit, especially for it being 1 day. I thought about going down there for the series, but really only needed a few guys since I got most everyone the 2nd time they came through.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Yep, you killed it on Detroit, especially for it being 1 day. I thought about going down there for the series, but really only needed a few guys since I got most everyone the 2nd time they came through.

I was gonna PM you btw just because I just can never seem to get Verlander, no matter where I am at or what the situation is. Is there anyway to work out a trade for Verlander perhaps, or is he as hard as everybody says he is?

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country

I was gonna PM you btw just because I just can never seem to get Verlander, no matter where I am at or what the situation is. Is there anyway to work out a trade for Verlander perhaps, or is he as hard as everybody says he is?

I actually have a signed SI waiting for me from a private signing, but the cost was $150 to get it done. That's the only way I can really think of at this point with him. He's signed maybe twice in Detroit this year, (I only know of 1 time). He's just really tough. When I was in Cleveland earlier this year, Torii Hunter was signing for us and he said (paraphrasing) "Why the .... are you signing for them, Torii? You just did that the other day."

Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 18252627282930 LastLast