Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast

Thread: 100 in 2012 successes

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Literally recovering from my best game by FAR. Amazing day at the ballpark, I am so glad I talked myself into one more baseball game this year.

Pre-Game
    No BP today due to worries of rain, but during stretching I went to the Chicago White Sox's side and got 4 autos. 2 on Heritage, and 2 on the program.
    1/1 Orlando Hudson- Program- Originally had a Topps of him on the Dodgers, but he refused to sign it as he claims that he no longer signs anything with the dodgers on it. Needless to say, there are still some rough patches there. So he signed my program. Felt awesome as I called for him so much that he just signed for me and cold shouldered everybody else.
    1/1 Jordan Danks- Program
    1/1 Dayan Viciedo- Heritage '12- Last time I got him (beginning of the season) his autograph didn't come out so well on my Topps card. Luckily he signed again and it looks great this time
    1/1 Addison Reed- Heritage '12- Awesome kid. Hope he has a solid career ahead of him.
    1 Ball- Called for Alexei Ramirez and asked for his John Hancock. He was running back in and said he couldn't, but he flipped me a ball. This was my 3rd ball this year. During the game I also caught a hat that I would later get signed.

Post game
    Went to the parking garage and had a field day!
    1/1 Alexei Ramirez- He walked out onto the street after the game hoping to not get noticed, well I followed him and asked politely, he stopped and signed my heritage card.
    1/1 Brian Omogrosso-Program
    1/1 Russ Canzler-Program
    1/1 Carlos Santana-Topps
    1/1 Jason Kipnis-Bowman Rookie
    2/2 Vinnie Pestano-Bowman Rookie, Topps
    1/1 Chris Perez-Heritage
    1/1-Jason Donald-Hat
    2/2 Sandy Alomar Jr.- Literally one of the nicest guys. I really hope the Indians hire him for Head Coach next year over Terry Francona. I told him this and he told me not to worry cause he likes Terry and either one of them would be a great fit. Stand up dude.
    1/1 Carlos Baerga- hat- Didn't know he was there until late into the evening. Apparently he was there to support Sandy and to sign earlier in the day. Cool to get him on a hat though

All in all, a solid last game at Progressive Field. Will miss the ballpark, but my mind will be focused on Basketball for the few months without baseball in Cleveland. Finally, here are some photos (Hat will not be shown tonight, need to take a pic later. Sry.)

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (139)
    Country

Very nice pick ups!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Can you say...BIGGEST HAUL OF THE YEAR!

Alright, I'm saving the best for last but here's the story. Tickets to see Cavs vs. Bucks preseason tonight in my home town of Canton. Driving home from graduate school, I noticed that I do not have many Cleveland Cavalier cards. Therefore, I decided to make a pit stop at the local Wal-Mart and picked up two value packs of NBA HOOPS 12-13. Figures the first part of my first value pack, I get a hit! Derek Williams autograph. Awesome! What could be better...ummm getting both rookie cards of Dion Waiters and Tyler Zeller. Score.

Get to the game just before the doors opened up. Since it was in Canton, the security was WAY more relaxed and autos were so much easier and...quite frankly an overall awesome experience.
    PRE-GAME RESULTS
    1/1 Drew Gooden-card
    1/1 Daniel Gibson-card
    1/1 Alanzo Gee-card
    1/1 Žydrūnas Ilgauskas-card
    1/1 Dion Waiters-card (even took a picture with me and a few other fans)

So the game went on and the Cavs got trashed. Kyrie and a few guys played well but overall pretty bad loss. Went over to the entrance and almost caught Kyrie's game used towel, but another guy ripped it from my hands, along with a sleeve that he used (No sharing the wealth, but hey, fair is fair). Afterwards security wanted us to leave the building so we did, and went right to the buses. There a few guys stopped over. Luke Walton had a horrible limp, but still came over eventually and signed. Rookie Kevin Jones signed as well on the same sheet that Z had signed. Forgot to mention this, but yea Z was there and totally happy he was. Missed the guy, even if he did go with LeBron to Miami. Anywho. Kelenna Azubuike saw a fan have one of his game used jerseys, so he came over and signed a few autos as well.
    1/1 Luke Walton-card
    1/1 Keleena Azubuike-card
    1/1 Kevin Jones-program

So overall a fantastic night at the ballgame. Here are a few pics for ya guys.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Oh yeah...I almost forgot

BAM!
    1/1 Kyrie Irving! Magazine Auto!

Seriously freaked out about this. Was the first one he signed for and quite honestly made all the other autos seem like nothing. One of the most elite players in the game today (in my mind). Winner of last year's Rookie of the Year award. Huge Huge HUGE success and going straight towards my personal collection.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Those are awesome...I'm still upset that I missed getting Kyrie by exactly one person last season. Someday, I'll get him!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Good read man. Looks like you have a good chance at auto's in person. I normally only send during spring training but looks like you get them back year round, ill have to change my approach. Good luck going down the home stretch.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Hey Guys, forgot to update this, but on Friday I received another auto.

1/1 Zach Britton- Which is a shame as Baltimore went down in the playoffs just recently. My Cardinals are in the hunt as of now, but I still was cheering for Baltimore. Oh well though.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

So I definitely need to post about this. I just won a competition via Twitter. Thanks to PaniniPOD, i just won an autograph from Jared Cook of the Tennessee Titans (My favorite team). Awesome day. Can't wait to get this TTM!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

So got an auto ttm today that dates way back to near the middle point of the NBA season last year.

2/3 Jason Kidd-signed a sticker and a card of mine. Sent the last one back and it was bent up a bit, but overall an awesome success.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Hurricane Sandy is hitting hard and effecting us all. I know I was without power today in Ohio, but cannot begin to imagine people in NY, Philly, and other areas hit even worse. Thoughts and prayers go out to you and your families at this time.

I was planning on going to the Cavs vs Wizards home opener in Cleveland, but that is really unknown as of now. However, did get a card back through the mail finally.

1/1 DeMarcus Cousins 10-16-12/10-29-12, Signed it in a small pen looking sig, but still is awesome to have. Thanks for signing my NBA Hoops Mr. Cousins! Pics to be up...as soon as I get power back at my house. Thank goodness for college campuses!

Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast