Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Form Letter vs. Personal Letter - Our Thoughts

This is a thread to discuss what you do when you write a TTM request, mail or email.

First off, I 100% of the time write personal letters, email or mail. I think it is better to show the person who you are writing to that you are a real fan, instead of just a person trying to get autographs.

I know a lot of guys send out form letters, and I just don't like it. Sometimes, I may my request for an autograph paragraph the same, but never a simple form letter. This topic has been a discussion on many podcasts, sites, youtube, etc.

What do you do? Whats your thoughts?

SCF Rewards
    Country

My email requests are generally short and to the point. Majority of the time, it's somebody's secretary reading it and I don't want to beat around the bush.

With my TTM requests, I handwrite them all and make them personal. Usually 3/4 of a page double-spaced.

SCF Rewards
    Country

im on the same path as lambeauleap87, Emails are always short & sweet, to the point.

Letters for me it depends on the person i am sending to. If its a knows signer, %100 feedback returns my letter consist of a index card asking for an autograph & alittle bit about why i am a fan & why i want there autograph.

Other athletes that dont have a lot of feedback or none at all, get a letter on notebook paper. Little longer praise but still politely asking for a spare minute to sign a card for me.

on a side note.. All my 8x10's ( which isnt many ) that i send out get a page letter for the request. not sure why but feel an 8x10 is a bigger item there for think thats just good hobby educate to go by.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Printed full letter for me. Three paragraphs is usual length. First paragraph is why I am a fan. The second paragraph is about my collection. Third paragraph is asking and thanking for autograph. My signature at the bottom.
    Hidden Content ~ best SCF feature ever!
    Go Mets, Colts, Reds and The Ohio State University
    Hidden Content