Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 344142434445 LastLast
    I've not read that one. In discussing this a year ago I've familiarized myself with his postseason performance. This year did not help Manning's cause in anyone's eyes, let alone those who base individual success on team performance.
    Last edited by Kickstand54; 01-21-2013 at 12:52 PM.
    My Bucket: Hidden Content

Looking for high end:
    99' PTT Autos: Walter, & Emmitt - 01' Quantum Leaf AMM: Barry & Emmitt - BGS 9.5 HOF RCs

Dual/Triple Autos or Multicolor Patches of Walter/Barry/Emmitt/Brown

i still don't understand why people don't think successful QBs will have a major influence on how well their teams play. it's one in the same. most times, if a QB plays well, their team wins. if they don't, they lose. it's not 100%, but it's got to be over 80%.

these playoffs are a perfect example. Kaepernick outplayed Ryan and they won. Flacco outplayed Brady and they won. just about every game you can say that. maybe there is an exception now and again, but the QB's play impacts the game more than any other player and it isn't close.

if you look at the most important stats like turnovers, 3rd down conversions, those stats reveal who the truly elite QBs are. stats like yards and TDs are overrated.
    Collecting Autos of Kopitar, Robitaille, Dionne, Vachon, Kyle Clifford and Tretiak
    Hidden Content
    want list - Hidden Content

I don't care to analyze - it just comes down to personal preference in how you measure individual success. Some try to isolate individual performance, others prefer overall team performance. The latter thinks the former's criteria is less important, while the former finds wins simplistic and overgeneralized. I'm okay with different strokes.
    My Bucket: Hidden Content

Looking for high end:
    99' PTT Autos: Walter, & Emmitt - 01' Quantum Leaf AMM: Barry & Emmitt - BGS 9.5 HOF RCs

Dual/Triple Autos or Multicolor Patches of Walter/Barry/Emmitt/Brown

i hear you - it is personal preference, really. i think pretty much everyone agrees that when we look back on Peyton's career it will be much more similar to Favre's than Montana's. lots of individual awards and accolades but totally underachieving in Championships.

Quote Originally Posted by Kickstand54 View Post
    I don't care to analyze - it just comes down to personal preference in how you measure individual success. Some try to isolate individual performance, others prefer overall team performance. The latter thinks the former's criteria is less important, while the former finds wins simplistic and overgeneralized. I'm okay with different strokes.
    Collecting Autos of Kopitar, Robitaille, Dionne, Vachon, Kyle Clifford and Tretiak
    Hidden Content
    want list - Hidden Content

This is one of the most debatable topics in football. In my opinion there are two kinds of QBS. You have the guys who have won multiple Superbowls, (Montana, Bradshaw, Aikman etc) and then u have the guys who have won atleast 1 ring with big time stats (Elway, Brady, Peyton...) I have met people who have told me Bradshaw is better than Peyton, his numbers are not that impressive, he had the Steel Curtain and a great offense. To win a Superbowl means the team has to get hot at the right time and the TEAM clicked, perfect example ELI. Eli is becoming elite but still has to put some work in. Everyone has their own opinion with their own top 5. With that said heres mine: 1. John Elway-- impressive stats, been to 5 Superbowls, and went out winning 2 in a row, 2. Peyton Manning--when its all said and done he will probably own every passing record, Without a doubt the SMARTEST qb to ever step foot on a field, and the Ring puts him here. He wins one more and he slides to number one all time. Remember Peyton never had a good coach, but has a good offensive coordinator. 3. Dan Marino-- I know I said atleast one ring, but the guy ahead of him (my #2) is breaking all his records and Marino did it with garbage players and no defense. 4. Tom Brady-- 5 Super bowls and 3 Rings....his numbers are growing every year. My biggest question is where is Brady without Bellichek and vice versa. 5. Joe Montana--- I feel if I don't put Montana here I may be arguing with someone LOL, but the dude was great. 4-0 in the Bowl, 40,000+ yards, 273 TDS, and had probably one of the greatest teams ever. Any QB that goes in the huddle in the Superbowl and asks his guys if they saw John Candy in the stands and puts together a game winning drive, deserves the name "Joe Cool". As the years go by, QBs are passing Montana's stats. He had the greatest WR of all time with Jerry Rice. In an era that didn't throw the ball as much as the NFL does now....Montana would be the greatest of all time if he threw as much as Brees, Rodgers, Brady, and Manning.

In no order:

Dan Marino
    Brett Favre
    Peyton Manning
    Joe Montana
    John Elway
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

1. joe montana
    2. dan marino
    3. john elway
    4. tom brady
    5. brett favre

1. Montana
    2. Unitas
    3. Elway
    4. Marino
    5. Brady
    6. Manning

Quote Originally Posted by boba View Post
    1. Elway ( Did the most with the least amount of talent )
    2. Montana ( Did the most with the most amount of talent )
    3. Manning
    4. Brady
    5. Montana

11. Favre
    . John elway did not!!! Do the most with the least amount of talent, on the contrary. 100% disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by NyFanCam01 View Post
    anyone who doesn't have tom brady right there in the top few clearly knows nothing about football.

End of story.
    There is not a "quote" on this forum that I agree with more!!!!!!!

Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 344142434445 LastLast