Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Giants Signings!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gowarrior's Items on eBay

Giants Signings!

I know this is last minute, but wanted to share the information. Two NY Giants are signing in the tri-state area, both at 7pm TONIGHT.

Jason Pierre-Paul is doing a public signing in Franklin Lakes, NJ tonight. Autographs on any item are $59.
    http://www.mab-celebrity.com/c-2309-...anuary-18.aspx

Harry Carson is appearing at Norwalk Hospital in Norwalk, CT (not really a traditional signing) to speak about prostate health and the importance of getting screened, etc. I've been to these kind of things before and getting autographs for FREE is never an issue.
    http://www.norwalkhospital.org/common.aspx?id=4515

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Wow! I would be so upset should my team be in the playoffs and my 16.5 sack star from this season is worried about collecting $60 a signature instead of thinking about how to get into the 49ers backfield! It is cool that he is taking time for fans, but the timing seems horrible. I know that he probly did not expect to still be in the playoffs when he set this up originally, but how did he not find a way to push it off until afterwards? I am sure the person putting it on might have excepted him coming in twice for the same price as one trip. He could have promised free inscriptions for a signing after the playoffs or something!
    Hidden Content ~ best SCF feature ever!
    Go Mets, Colts, Reds and The Ohio State University
    Hidden Content

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants Philadelphia Phillies New Jersey Devils
    See arfmax's Items on eBay

The year that the Chicago Bears were in the Super Bowl against the Colts, Mark Anderson, starting rookie defensive end for the Bears, signed for free at two different cellular store grand openings on the same day, the week after the team won the NFC Title, and the week before the team went to the Super Bowl location.

Also, in my experience, the player rarely sets the price for the autograph, there is an appearance fee that they and their agent have, and the location doing the signing then sets the price to recoop the cost and make a profit.
    Working on autographed 1987 Topps Baseball set:
    Total Cards in Set:792/Total Autographable: 760 (6 Checklists, 26 Team Leaders)
    Total Autographed:639!
    Currently Sent (Outstanding):44
    Percent Complete:84.1

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    New York Yankees New York Rangers New York Giants
    Twitter: @@ChrisWGamble

According to Justin Tuck on Twitter, the Franklin Lakes signing was cancelled. Don't know if that is true or not but someone asked Tuck about it and he said JPP wasn't doing it. I know Victor Cruz went up to Poughkeepsie to do a signing last night. He has done them throughout the year. I know during the season he did one at a Lord & Taylor store in Eastchester, NY. That really killed me because I used to live near there, about a five minute walk. Now, I live in NJ, not too far from where Cruz is from and I would need to travel to my old stomping grounds to see him. Ironic to me.

As for the signings, it's not that big of a deal. The players are allowed to do whatever they want on their free time. Often, these signings are with the teams sanction and are sometimes set up by the team. Tuck did book signings during the year for his new children's book, Cruz did appearances, and so-on.

Speaking of Giants signing stuff, Jimmy Kennedy announced on Twitter that he will sign anything fans send him. I stopped sending stuff to the Timex PErformance Center a while ago because I figured it was too late in the season. However, Kennedy, whom I watched play in high school along with Ray Rice, says the mail will get to him and he will sign it.
    I collect NY Yankees, NY Giants, NY Rangers, NY Knicks, and NJ Nets. I am willing to trade. PM me if you have any cards signed by players from these teams.

Working on collecting all living New York Giants (football) and New York Yankees. The question is which team drives me nuts first!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

To add fuel to the fire, Brandon Jacobs is scheduled to sign autographs next Sunday, Jan. 29th in Poughkeepsie... the Sunday before the Super Bowl. The signing is tied in with an event that a local radio station is promoting and they haven't said anything about cancellations. I guess he's going through with it. David Robertson (NY Yankees) is also signing.

http://www.dreamteampromos.com/dtjacobs.html

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

The Giants are off that Sunday and are flying to Indianapolis on Monday so Brandon Jacobs is allowed to use his free time however he likes.

SCF Rewards
    Country

...so Brandon Jacobs is allowed to use his free time however he likes.

Yes, that's true. But it looks like he won't be spending that free time preparing for the Super Bowl. (At least not that half-day that he'll be traveling to and appearing in Poughkeepsie).

Might not matter... he may not touch the ball too much in the Super Bowl. Though I do expect the Giants ground game to be a little better against the New England defense than it was against San Fran.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

It's no different if he were going shopping with his family at Woodbury Commons. Throughout the year guys like Victor Cruz, JPP, and a slew of others have appeared at events during the season. I am a huge Giants fan and I know these guys will be ready. There is only so much prep you can do. Coughlin already laid out the practice schedule for the upcoming week and Sunday is an off-day for the Giants. Signing autographs won't interfere with the Giants being ready. In 2007, several Giants made appearances at signings before the Super Bowl. New York Rangers Henrik Lundqvist, Ryan Callahan, and Brandon Dubinsky made an autograph appearance in Scarsdale, NY on one of their off-days. I am a huge fan of these teams and it doesn't bother me that they take a few hours out of their day and sign a bunch of autographs.