Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Obama Supporters Getting Perks

An investigation by the Center for Public Integrity has found that a significant portion of Obama's financial supporters have earned some nice perks thanks to the Obama administration.

Article about the report
    http://openchannel.msnbc.msn.com/_ne...lenty-of-perks

The actual report
    http://www.iwatchnews.org/2012/01/19...-and-contracts

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

this is rather disappointing after one of his campaign topics was cutting down lobbyist and this sort of thing.

It's just another reason why we desperately need campaign finance reform.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See tsjct's Items on eBay

I see it as both parties do it so nothing wrong with it. If someone can get ahead by doing a little payoff who really cares.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

I see it as both parties do it so nothing wrong with it. If someone can get ahead by doing a little payoff who really cares.

wow. I think it's a huge problem no matter what parties do it. The federal government has all of these employment laws and regulations when it comes to who you can hire and what you can ask and yet top officials are able to hire people based off of what favors. It's a very blurry line between favors and bribes in my opinion.

SCF Rewards
    Country

wow. I think it's a huge problem no matter what parties do it. The federal government has all of these employment laws and regulations when it comes to who you can hire and what you can ask and yet top officials are able to hire people based off of what favors. It's a very blurry line between favors and bribes in my opinion.

yes but it goes to the saying "Its not what you know its who you know". I do not see a problem with getting perks for a little payoff. This goes on in the business world everyday.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See j80rice's Items on eBay

yes but it goes to the saying "Its not what you know its who you know". I do not see a problem with getting perks for a little payoff. This goes on in the business world everyday.

yeah, and murders take place every day as well. Just because something is common, does not make it right or ok.

SCF Rewards
    Country

yeah, and murders take place every day as well. Just because something is common, does not make it right or ok.

thats a great comparison LOL

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See j80rice's Items on eBay

thats a great comparison LOL

obviously an overexaggeration but to say something is ok just because it goes on all the time is crazy talk. You are putting forth the idea that commonality equals acceptable. That is wrong.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

People should not be able to buy positions in government.

SCF Rewards
    Country

As long as it is not illegal I do not have any isssues with this. It happens all the time and we all do it all the time. We hook up friends because we know them, we give them discounts if we can, we give them free itmes. It happens all the time and I do not see anything wrong with it. It's who you know.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast