Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's your market?

BANNED

Country

What's your market?

Just like all the pro leagues (and college,too, kind of) there are small markets and large markets, in graphing. In a small market there isn't as many graphing opporuntities, and teams to/worth graphing in the area. Where as in a large market there are many teams, star athletes, signings, celebrities, etc.

Some obvious large markets, from I guesses, would be LA and NYC. Some small markets would be ND (I know from experience), SD and IA.

So what is/ would you consider your local graphing market?

I live in Minnesota, and a would consider us a upper tier small market. We have 6 pro teams, including the four major sports and the WNBA and NLL. We have a college summer league with about 5 teams of "college all stars" with in 3 hours of the Twin Cities, from late May to early August. The pro teams do a decent amount of signings, but always make them very unknown or a pain in the butt.

On the downside, our main (only all sport D1) college doesn't produce many future pro, let alone decent, athletes. And there aren't really any legitamate celebrities who live here, or ever come here, except for the ocassional movie scene shoot, which is impossible to graph. Lol It gets really dull in the winter, but graphing is rich in the spring and summer.

How about everybody else?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Deermanpa's Items on eBay

I graph in PA the only team I do there is the Harrisburg Senators and they are ok since they get the top prospects from the Nats and players that Rehab there

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    New York Yankees New York Rangers New York Giants
    Twitter: @@ChrisWGamble

I gotta say I am lucky and cursed at the same time. I live in NJ and graph from Scranton to Trenton. The major sports teams are almost impossible to graph. Yankee Stadium, the old one, was decent when I was a kid but now it is almost impossible. Growing up I had some success with the Yankees and Mets, and some Giants success too. The Knicks were awful and mean to boot. The Rangers are impossible in the arena or outside of it. The one plus is there are a lot of autograph signings in the area, if you have the money. The autograph powerhouse Steiner Sports is located in New Rochelle, NY and has signings in the area a lot. I used to live in the New Ro area and went to high school there so I know all the venues and what not making it easy for me to navigate. The problem is, everything is so expensive. There is also MAB Celebrity which hosts shows in the NJ area a lot...again, if you have the money. My best days of graphing came in the summer at Scranton when I lived in PA. I now live about 2 hours and will make the trip every now and then and will now also go to Trenton as well as New Jersey Jackal and Newark Bears games (good for Tim Raines, Jim Leyritz, Ron Karkovice, and a few others). Wish they had more minor league teams in the area.
    I collect NY Yankees, NY Giants, NY Rangers, NY Knicks, and NJ Nets. I am willing to trade. PM me if you have any cards signed by players from these teams.

Working on collecting all living New York Giants (football) and New York Yankees. The question is which team drives me nuts first!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

I live in atlanta and go to hawks games almost every week and graph the hawks and/or their opponents. During the summer I graph the wnba's atlanta dream and whomever they are playing. I only attended 1 baseball game even though I plan to attend more and get more graphs. For football GA Tech has free open scrimmages and autograph sessions from time to time as well as the falcons. The only major sport we dont have his hockey but other than that I would say that I have plenty of opportunities for autographs down here.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

dont the mets have a minor league team in the NY metro area? brooklyn or something?

I gotta say I am lucky and cursed at the same time. I live in NJ and graph from Scranton to Trenton. The major sports teams are almost impossible to graph. Yankee Stadium, the old one, was decent when I was a kid but now it is almost impossible. Growing up I had some success with the Yankees and Mets, and some Giants success too. The Knicks were awful and mean to boot. The Rangers are impossible in the arena or outside of it. The one plus is there are a lot of autograph signings in the area, if you have the money. The autograph powerhouse Steiner Sports is located in New Rochelle, NY and has signings in the area a lot. I used to live in the New Ro area and went to high school there so I know all the venues and what not making it easy for me to navigate. The problem is, everything is so expensive. There is also MAB Celebrity which hosts shows in the NJ area a lot...again, if you have the money. My best days of graphing came in the summer at Scranton when I lived in PA. I now live about 2 hours and will make the trip every now and then and will now also go to Trenton as well as New Jersey Jackal and Newark Bears games (good for Tim Raines, Jim Leyritz, Ron Karkovice, and a few others). Wish they had more minor league teams in the area.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I live in the Big Apple. I can graph The Mets, the Islanders, the Brooklyn Cyclones, and if I feel really ambitious, which is about once a year, I'll drive out on the Island to a Long Island Ducks game. The Phillies aren't too far away if you disregard traffic, and the Bridgeport Bluefish and Connecticut Tigers are a couple hours drive. As for other sports, you can forget about Jets, Giants, Rangers, and Knicks. All impossible to graph.
    As 203gunner stated, Steiner Sports and MAB Celebrity are the autograph powerhouses around here, and they are pricey.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I live in AZ and there are a lot of opportunities at games to get autographs but as far as appearances go, it is not very good. With Spring Training we are fortunate to have 15 MLB teams out here for almost two months which I think is the highlight. Phoenix has teams in all 4 major sports and hosts 2 NASCAR races a year too. I may try to do something with Arizona State, possibly at their Spring game.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I live in LA, and its super hard to get anything done. Lakers and Clipper have strict security and tickets are too pricey

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    New York Yankees New York Rangers New York Giants
    Twitter: @@ChrisWGamble

dont the mets have a minor league team in the NY metro area? brooklyn or something?

Yeah the Brooklyn Cyclones and the Yankees have the Staten Island Yankees but they are more of a pain to get to for me. Besides, they are Low-A ball and I would rather invest my time in money in AA and AAA where it is easier for me to get to.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I live in syracuse ny and while there arent any nba, nfl, nhl or mlb teams here i consider it a really good graphing city. We have syracuse college sports so graphing future nba players is always an opportunity, the basketball team is always really good, football and lax is always good as well. Then we have the syracuse chiefs a triple a baseball team, so theres always a good oportunity to graph prospects for baseball, then we have the syracuse crunch the ahl affiliate of the anaheim ducks so i have the opportunity to graph hockey prospects as well. In recent years we have had nba preseason games here, suns vs the nuggets and wolves vs the pistons. Ive never taken advantage of the wwe guys but they come to town once or twice a year and we get plenty of shows as well, lots of stand up comics and concerts. Its really nice in my opinion we get to graph all the guys before they get to the pros and get harder to get, plus cities like buffalo arent to far away.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast