Page 27 of 68 FirstFirst ... 172425262728293037 ... LastLast

Thread: CLRyan5's Success Thread

I've noticed that sometimes prepped-well chromes still bubble/smear in the mail. I think it may be the card "rubbing" against the envelope when it is in transit. I seems whenever I send more than 1, only the top one comes back bubbled or smeared.
    Going for the 2015 Ginter Mini Set including Inserts: Hidden Content

My Autos and GU FT are Here: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by SMVintage View Post
    I've noticed that sometimes prepped-well chromes still bubble/smear in the mail. I think it may be the card "rubbing" against the envelope when it is in transit. I seems whenever I send more than 1, only the top one comes back bubbled or smeared.
    I never thought of that. Thanks! I think I'm going to stay away from chromes for a while
    Going for 2,013 autographs in 2013
    2013 Totals: 733
    TTM: 161
    IP: 572
    JJ Barea: 52

Colleen- Ive been quiet around here lately but I love the fantastic TTMs you received... Ima shoot one to Meadows hopefully as that is quite an inspiring success. The ball is definitely Cespedes and that is such a sweet return... weird how I have been seeing a lot of his ST returns but they show up like every month... ud think theyd all show up at once lol
    Wantlist...
    -2012-present Bowman Chrome first year baseball stuff.
    -Football Semistar-Star Finest, Topps Chrome, Bowman Chrome, Platinum RCs and Refractors
    -Always interested in buying via Paypal lots of stuff I collect or star refractor lots in baseball and football.

Quote Originally Posted by ILLRIMESAYA View Post
    Colleen- Ive been quiet around here lately but I love the fantastic TTMs you received... Ima shoot one to Meadows hopefully as that is quite an inspiring success. The ball is definitely Cespedes and that is such a sweet return... weird how I have been seeing a lot of his ST returns but they show up like every month... ud think theyd all show up at once lol
    Thanks!! And I'm just glad to get Cespedes back. I don't mind the wait for him at all since he is such a great success!

First time, commenting here. Just wanted to say your successes and IP's are so awesome. Keep up the good work!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kidcollector11 View Post
    First time, commenting here. Just wanted to say your successes and IP's are so awesome. Keep up the good work!!!
    Thanks a lot!! No downsides to being a girl in this hobby with these guys signing haha

Today a recent ebay pickup came.

Jacob Goebbert: $0.99

I have also done some rearranging lately to better display my sports collectibles and autographs since I just got a new bookshelf and Ikea shelving unit. Here are some new displays.
    These are my Astros bobbleheads. Once I get my new Ikea shelving unit together I will put all of my bobbleheads together on that shelf to display :)

Today broke the TTM drought. I received a return from Astros' prospect Telvin Nash

Telvin Nash: 3/3
    c/o Home
    Out: 10/22 In: 10/29/12

I also received 2 more Astros bobbleheads. I know it feels like I've bought a lot of bobbleheads lately (which I have) but unfortunately they haven't been shipped all that quickly so it has taken multiple posts to show all of them off. I am currently working on collecting all of the Houston Astros bobbleheads that were given away this year to celebrate their 50th season. After I complete that set I will turn my attention to the 2008 set because they form a bit of a puzzle

Jeff Kent: Commemorating his 2005 NLCS Game 5 Walk Off Home Run
    I will never forget watching this game with my dad. His home run is 1 of the most amazing Astros memories I have. I get tears in my eyes thinking about how awesome the Kent and Burke home runs were. Needless to say my dad and I were pumped when Kent hit that walk-off!!

Chris Burke: Commemorating his 18th inning walk-off home run against the Braves. Another home run I will never forget for as long as I live!

My 2012 collection so far. The JR Richard bobblehead is on its way and I am currently winning the Milo Hamilton and Mike Scott bobbleheads on ebay. It will be pricey to complete the set with the Nolan Ryan bobblehead. Cheapest one is $45 on ebay :/

My Houston Astros bobblehead collection. I will continue to post pictures of the entire set as I add pieces

sweet stuff, as always!
    Wantlist...
    -2012-present Bowman Chrome first year baseball stuff.
    -Football Semistar-Star Finest, Topps Chrome, Bowman Chrome, Platinum RCs and Refractors
    -Always interested in buying via Paypal lots of stuff I collect or star refractor lots in baseball and football.

Today I received the best success I have ever had, one that will be almost impossible to top. I sent a custom card RockiesFan made me to legendary University of Washington women's soccer coach Lesle Gallimore. She is the coach responsible for turning Hope Solo into a goalkeeper, on her way to becoming the best goalkeeper in the history of the game. I wrote her a letter telling her what a big fan I am of her and what a big fan I am of Hope and everything she did for Hope. I told her I was going to mail this to Hope's agency next to hopefully get signed. Last week Hope Solo did a book signing at the University of Washington before a women's soccer game, so of course she met up with her coach. When I opened the envelope today my jaw literally hit the floor. Coach Gallimore got the card signed by Hope Solo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 27 of 68 FirstFirst ... 172425262728293037 ... LastLast