Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 33 of 68 FirstFirst ... 233031323334353643 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well today was another great Monday mail day! I received 3 returns, an ebay pickup, and a preprint

First the dreaded preprint

Bryan Cranston: 0/1
    Out: 10/13 In: 11/19
    Really wanted to get him because he is awesome in Breaking Bad and he was also fantastic in Argo
    I'm 99% sure this is a preprint. Can anyone confirm that?
    Next my ebay pickup
    Jacob Petricka Pro Debut: $0.99
    I was going through every team's top 20 prospects list for my Spring Training list and came across this cheap signed card

And now TTM returns:
    Kayla Harrison: 5/3
    Out: 10/12 In: 11/19
    I am so excited to get my customs from RockiesFan back. They turned out great!! And she also included 2 of her own cards

Dirk Hayhurst: 1/1
    Out: 11/12 In: 11/19
    Super fast return from the pitcher turned best-selling author
    Cody Asche: 2/2
    Out: 10/22 In: 11/19
    Glad to see some AFL returns trickling in still. Seems like a lot of them brought their mail home with them. I am now 10/16 on AFL requests, excluding my 5 Mesa Solar Sox requests that came back RTS since they don't accept mail for that team
    Tomorrow will be my last mail day until Saturday as I am going home to Iowa for Thanksgiving Wednesday morning

SCF Rewards
    Country

Diggin' the Hayhurst...have you read his books? Really enjoyed them myself.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Diggin' the Hayhurst...have you read his books? Really enjoyed them myself.

They are actually on my list to read. I love sports books like that that give insight into the sport that you normally wouldn't get

SCF Rewards
    Country

They are actually on my list to read. I love sports books like that that give insight into the sport that you normally wouldn't get

Definitely worth the read, then...you may also want to read Paul Shirley's first book if you haven't yet. Another similar read, only with basketball (and a different sense of humor).

SCF Rewards
    Country

Definitely worth the read, then...you may also want to read Paul Shirley's first book if you haven't yet. Another similar read, only with basketball (and a different sense of humor).

Thanks for the recommendation. I mostly read books on politics, terrorism, and warfare but I enjoy sports books every now and then

SCF Rewards
    Country

So I went through my pictures tonight of all of my autographs and so far this year I have obtained 1,220 autographs in IP & TTM combined.
    For spring training I got 72 returns.

So my goals for 2013:
    Total: 2,013
    Spring Training: 150

SCF Rewards
    Country

No TTM returns or IP opportunities today but I did receive a recent Ebay pickup today.

Telvin Nash 2012 Topps Heritage Minors Certified
    $3.25
    I always enjoy adding Astros and Astros prospects to my collection. Nash could be a good bat in the future but he desperately needs to cut down on the number of strikeouts. His power numbers also could have been inflated last year since Lancaster is notoriously a hitters park, and a place where pitchers' careers go to die haha.

SCF Rewards
    Country

ATTENTION

Does anyone have Getty access or will they be getting it by November 29th!? Adorama has a $5 16x20 sale and I need some Timberwolves images. I am willing to pay per image or trade a Timberwolves autographed 8x10 of your choice!!! I am desperate since I can't get ahold of my usual contacts. Thanks!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!! I enjoyed going home to Iowa to see my family for a couple days. I took a Greyhound home and back to Minneapolis. I got back to my apartment around 5am this morning and by the time I woke up my Saturday mail was here. I had a ton of mail waiting for me from Wednesday through today. I also had a couple returns at home too. I will start with the Iowa returns

I apologize for the huge images. I am copying and pasting them from Facebook for the next couple days because I reached my photo capacity on blogspot. I will clear up some space when the inevitable boredom sets in in my 4 hour night class Tuesday

Taylor Twellman: 2/2
    Out: 6/9 In: Between 9/1-11/21
    I sent this to Taylor Twellman's Think Taylor Foundation. I don't know if many of you know his story but he has not been able to exercise in 4 years because of his concussions he suffered in soccer. He now has a concussion awareness foundation called "Think Taylor." He calls soccer games on ESPN as well. I wrote in my LOR that I admired the work he is doing for concussions because I have suffered several concussions from basketball, softball, and wakeboarding and now experience migraines possibly because of the concussions. I really like the inscriptions he wrote because of that- "Hang tough" and "Be strong"

He also included several bracelets for his foundation. I really loved this return overall

Luis Heredia: 1/1
    Out:8/14 In: Between 9/1-11/21
    Thrilled to get this return from 1 of the Pirates top prospects and a prolific TTM signer

Brian Cushing: 2/2
    Out: July 2011 In: 11/23/12
    I checked my mail yesterday at home in Iowa and found an envelope postmarked from Houston. I was never expecting this return. I sent this out in July 2011 when I first tried this hobby. I sent out 4x6 photos because it was before I knew anything about 8x10s or cards. I briefly tried TTM in July 2011 and gave up until deciding to get back into it in late December 2011. Brian Cushing is my favorite football player and it looks like he is catching up on his fan mail while recovering from ACL surgery. I sent him 3 cards in August so hopefully when I go home for Christmas those will be waiting for me!!

I also had a postage due notice for an 8x10 return back from my days of not putting postage on my return envelopes so it must be a request I sent out in Spring Training before I wised up and realized I had to put postage haha

And now my Minneapolis returns. I had a ton of mail waiting for me today when I got around to checking my mail. I received several cards I bought off of ebay, a sweet fitted Dallas Mavericks hat I plan on getting signed by JJ Barea, some JJ Barea images from PhotoFile, another 8x10 order for the Timberwolves since I did so well at the game I went to last week, and several autographs. I am just going to say all of the returns came back today for my purposes
    This is the amount of mail I got to open!

First here are my ebay pickups
    2012 Bowman Chrome Certified Autograph
    Kevan Smith: $1.29

2012 Bowman Platinum Certified Autograph
    Bryan Brickhouse: $1.99

2012 Bowman Platinum Certified Autograph
    Guillermo Pimentel: $0.99

2012 Leaf Valiant
    Chris Beck: $1.99

Jake Barrett/Andrew Aplin Arizona State Dual
    $4.99

Carmelita Jeter: 1/0 email success

Johnny Giavotella: 2/2
    Out: 11/12 In: 11/24
    Super fast return from 1 of my favorite baseball players. I sent this to a home address I found. I love getting returns from addresses I've found that haven't been tested

Rudy Ruettiger: 1/1

Guy Fieri: 1/1

Joe Panik: 3/3
    Out: 10/22 In: 11/24
    Glad to see the AFL requests still trickling in. I believe I am now 11/16 on AFL requests. The cards got bent a little so I may buy these again and send them to Spring Training since I really like these cards. I can't way to send some 8x10s his way at Spring Training

Chris Johnson: 4/3
    Sent this to his home address and pumped with the super fast return. CJ was 1 of my favorite Astros and I was so sad to see him get traded to Arizona. I like how he even signed my LOR. I sent some 8x10s his way as well that I had printed for the Astros-Cubs game I went to this summer and was unable to get signed

Justin Gominsky: 1/1
    He signed the custom I had made by RockiesFan and he sent a note asking for a copy of the card. He also included a new address and signed the letter. I think his aunt may have written it for him looking at the note haha. I met him this past February at the Gopher Pro Alumni game. I really hope he plays in the game again so I can get some more cards signed

Telvin Nash: 2/2
    Out: 11/16 In: 11/24
    Super fast return from Top 20 Astros prospect Telvin Nash. Glad he was willing to sign for me again c/o his home

Skylar Diggins: 3/3
    Out: 11/16 In: 11/24
    I don't think anyone signs their fan mail as fast as Skylar Diggins does. I was hoping she would not personalize since I sent a copy of the custom RockiesFan made me since she tweeted a picture of it. Glad she was willing to sign 3 8x10s for me. Can't wait to see her in the WNBA next season and will definitely look forward to graphing her here in Minneapolis as I have heard nothing but great things about her.
    Last edited by clryan5; 11-24-2012 at 05:25 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Rindo03461's Items on eBay

Phenomenal stuff, love the Paniks as he is a great signer- I am stocking up on some of his stuff to send to his team this coming season. Also really like that unique Gominski success and the Aplin dual signature. I saw them twice in Tri City this year as the whole team is such a phenomenal autograph signing team with literally one of the nicest home venues in Troy NY. Cool Guy Frieri and Cushing ones too... Hope my Cushing TTM comes back soon. I have been so slow on TTMs but have been stocking up on stamps and already starting my request pile for Spring Training... believe it or not its right around the corner. I have had three requests come back in three weeks... Ron Cey, Nate Archibald, and Dallas Clark which I will post on here... I think my next thread is going to be "successes during the baseball offseason", as its been so slow that I could combine all of them in one post Haha... glad to see your doing well with your successes and I hope to be sending out a batch to retired baseball, NBA, etc. next week just to get some attempts out there. Also, I have been really trading for cards for baseball and I am going to be ending up with tons of duplicates.... mainly from 2012 Bowman- maybe we can make a trade - I like 4x6 photos and I know you print them out nicely so if you want to save some money from ebay purchases I have a ton of extra 2012 Bowman cards... just a thought :) keep up the good work and I apologize I have been really slow with TTM work over the past month or two- Ill get right back into it... Bri
    My tradelist…

Hidden Content

Page 33 of 68 FirstFirst ... 233031323334353643 ... LastLast