Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 53 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3435051525354555663 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Tonight I bundled up in multiple pairs of sweatpants and sweatshirts and walked down to the Target Center for the Timberwolves-Clippers game. I decided to try for Blake Griffin off the bus since the bus got there before any players arrived. The decision paid off

Blake Griffin: 1/1
    I got Timberwolves autographs before and after the game
    JJ Barea: 4/4
    I got Barea on a Puerto Rico paper that celebrated his NBA title with the Dallas Mavericks. As soon as he saw it he smiled and asked where I got it. I said I got it on ebay and as soon as I saw it I knew I had to get it. And he smiled and said awesome. Then after the game I was able to get him after on the pair of shoes he gave me.

Andrei Kirilenko: 10/10
    I got Kirilenko on 8 cards before the game. I bought a 498 card lot of his on ebay for $20. I asked him for his shoes after the game and he said he would bring them out if he remembered. Well he came out when Barea came out so I thought I could get Barea on my shoes quick then go get Kirilenko. That didn't work out because there was this guy probably around my age that was from Spain. He spoke very little English and he was getting in every player's face. When they would drive out he would go up to their car and shove this card he had against their windows. I believe the card basically said he was from Spain and didn't speak English but he was hitting players' windows and flipping them off if they didn't stop. Well Barea signed for him but he kept shoving me away trying to get to Barea so I wasn't done in time to go get Kirilenko's shoes. A friend of mine that I've made through this hobby here yelled at me to come over because he had my shoes but Barea kept my marker to sign for others. I thought I missed out but as Barea and Kirilenko pulled away he was walking back carrying the shoes. I was ecstatic!!! Adidas is my favorite brand and I really like Kirilenko based on my experiences with him. And much to my surprise he signed them for me!

Nikola Pekovic: 1/1
    Greg Stiemsma: 7/7
    Signed 3 before and 4 after. I was pleasantly surprised when he signed all 4 after. I wasn't even expecting him to stop. I am really becoming a fan of his. He is a nice guy with me. I asked him for a pair of shoes and he said he has some new shoes coming in soon so I'd get them then. I'm excited to add another pair to my collection.
    Terry Porter: 1/1
    Luke Ridnour: 2/2
    He signed 1 before driving in and 1 inside. I had a page in my binder with 5 cards on it. Inside, of course, he signed the darkest card with a dying black Sharpie. You can't even tell it's signed
    Lou Amundson: 1/1
    I got this signed after. He hadn't arrived by 5:10 so I decided to go inside to wait in line. He was the only one who hadn't come in so I figured it wasn't worth waiting in the cold
    Dante Cunningham: 1/1
    Ricky Rubio: 2/2
    I got him before and after. Unfortunately, I pulled out the black Sharpie I had had out for Blake Griffin since the Clippers aren't allowed to sign in blue but the photo still turned out okay.

Mickael Gelabale: 2/2
    I snagged 1 of the new guys inside on 2 photos

Alexey Shved: 3/3

Derrick Williams: 3/3

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Some awesome stuff as always. The Rubio's are sick, but I can't help to salivate over the kicks. I hate that the Cavaliers stadium has underground parking...I will probably try to convince a Tribe player like Kipnis this year if I could get a bat or something. Any advice how to ask for something like that? I go there a lot, but Idk I just feel weird going up and asking for personal stuff like that...except for minor league games and broken bats.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Some awesome stuff as always. The Rubio's are sick, but I can't help to salivate over the kicks. I hate that the Cavaliers stadium has underground parking...I will probably try to convince a Tribe player like Kipnis this year if I could get a bat or something. Any advice how to ask for something like that? I go there a lot, but Idk I just feel weird going up and asking for personal stuff like that...except for minor league games and broken bats.

Thanks. All I do is ask them and if they say yes I ask them where to wait haha

SCF Rewards
    Country

that Griffin is sick! those shoes are awesome too. Just how cold was it? It was like 24 degrees in KC last night with some wind so no telling how cold it is up in Minnesota and I thought even then it was too cold haha
    Collecting: Yordano Ventura, Salvador Perez, Mike Moustakas, and especially Eric Hosmer.

Always looking for Autographs with Bible verse inscriptions

SCF Rewards
    Country

wow, blake's auto has gone way down from an already bad one.

SCF Rewards
    Country

that Griffin is sick! those shoes are awesome too. Just how cold was it? It was like 24 degrees in KC last night with some wind so no telling how cold it is up in Minnesota and I thought even then it was too cold haha

It was around 5 degrees here without wind chill. Even colder today!

wow, blake's auto has gone way down from an already bad one.

Yeah it's a pretty awful autograph especially with the dying black Sharpie the Clippers security guy gave him

SCF Rewards
    Country

Today brought 1 return

Dirk Nowitzki: 1/1
    Out: 1/14 In: 1/31
    I hate to see January ending. I got a great start on my goal of obtaining 2,013 autographs this year! I end the month of January with 329 autographs. I got 53 TTM returns and 276 autographs in person, with 19 of those being JJ Barea autographs!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Tonight I graphed the Wolves heading into the arena but did not go to the game since ticket prices were high with it being the Lakers. I thought it would be an awesome night since the players had to valet their cars and would have to walk right by us entering the arena but it was just too cold!! It was snowing and with wind chill it was most likely well below 0. It was an ok night

Andrei Kirilenko: 8/8
    He was 1 of the last players I got. I was the only one there and he came right over to me when he saw me and immediately asked if I got the shoes from my friend the other night. I couldn't believe he signed all 8 in the cold. I told him whatever he had time for in the cold
    Nikola Pekovic: 1/1
    Unfortunately the card smeared since it takes longer to dry in the cold. Plus I think someone else came soon after him so I forgot it was drying. Oh well
    Lou Amundson: 1/1
    Terry Porter: 1/1
    Dante Cunningham: 1/1
    Alexey Shved: 1/1
    I took off his autograph I got on this photo since it smeared and got it resigned.
    JJ Barea: 2/2
    He was the last player to come. I was waiting for him and he went in behind me and it wasn't until he was in that I saw him. Luckily the door was still open and I asked him if he had time to sign. He was more than happy to and smiled and asked me how I was doing. :)

Derrick Williams: 1/1
    Unfortunately Rubio only signed for 1 person so I couldn't get him on this photo as well.
    Greg Stiemsma: 1/1
    I'm all out of stuff for Stiemsma after he signed all my cards Wednesday so I got a floorboard

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Bears Chicago Blackhawks
    Twitter: @@djauwerda See djauwerda's Items on eBay Instagram:

Great stuff as usual. How was Joe Benson at Twinsfest? Thought about PM'ing you about him, but forgot.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Great stuff as usual. How was Joe Benson at Twinsfest? Thought about PM'ing you about him, but forgot.

I got him for a friend for free. What do you mean PM me?

Page 53 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3435051525354555663 ... LastLast