Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 26 of 68 FirstFirst ... 162324252627282936 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm really starting to enjoy checking my mailbox again. Today marked the 4th day in a row with a return, and today I received 2 returns, as well as 1 failure.

First my failure: I ordered a custom card of expected top 10 MLB draft pick Sean Manaea from RockiesFan33. I first mailed it to the Indiana State baseball field and got a RTS. I then mailed it to the Indiana State address and today I received it back in an official ISU envelope with no explanation of why it was returned, but luckily they didn't use my SASE. So if anyone knows an address for him I'd really appreciate the help!

Now my 2 returns.

Josh Banks: 3/3, 3 8x10s
    Out: 10/12/12 In: 10/22/12
    The former Astros pitcher signed 3 8x10s for me, and personalized 1, sent to his home

And my 2nd return was a shocker!!
    Austin Meadows: 1/1, 8x10 c/o high school
    Out: 10/12/12 In: 10/22/12
    I was shocked to receive this back, let alone in just 10 days! I am really hoping my Astros take him #1 overall next June! The autograph is easier to see in person in the top right corner.

And now here are some ebay pickups. It was an Astros themed mailday!

Troy Patton:

Josh Anderson:

And now some new additions to my bobblehead collection:

Candace Parker

Craig Biggio:

And finally the one and only Jeff Bagwell!! I will never love a baseball player more than I love Jeff Bagwell

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sweeet Meadows he will be very good someday. Could you tell me the address for him by any chance? Thanks!
    Hidden Content
    Collecting Michael Pineda, Kyle Seager and Carlos Delgado

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sweeet Meadows he will be very good someday. Could you tell me the address for him by any chance? Thanks!

If you read carefully I said I sent it to his high school. A simple Google search will show the high school address

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (139)
    Country

Nice pick ups! I like the Bagwell bobblehead. I think he should be in the HoF

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nice pick ups! I like the Bagwell bobblehead. I think he should be in the HoF

Thanks!! Me too but inevitably I'm disappointed every January when he doesn't make the HOF. I'd love to see him go in with Biggio this year!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (139)
    Country

Thanks!! Me too but inevitably I'm disappointed every January when he doesn't make the HOF. I'd love to see him go in with Biggio this year!

That would be awesome!

By the way, love your avatar. Hope is awesome and I wish I can add her to my collection someday!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Haha thanks!! She's my idol!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well my mom arrived in Minneapolis last night from Iowa to visit me while I am on midterm break and with her she brought all of my mail :) There was a ton. So let's get right to it. Here are my returns

First, I received this baseball from Spring Training. The player did not put it back in the labeled ziploc bag, nor was there a return address so fellow collectors I need your help identifying this autograph!! I went back through my list of Spring Training requests and I mailed out 21 baseballs. Of the players I have not received returns from, none of the autographs matched this ball. I don't think I sent any balls to minor leaguers at the beginning of the season. All I know is this request was mailed out during Spring Training because soon after that I discovered the generic balls like the ones I sent out don't hold signatures so I didn't send anymore out. So if anyone could help me I'd really really appreciate it!!!!!!!

So now I will reveal my returns from people I actually know!

Emails:
    Charlie Weis: 1/0
    Al Golden: 1/0

Unfortunately I do not have return dates or turnaround times for any of these requests I am about to post. Most were sent out after mid-July and came back up until yesterday.

Chandler Harnish: 1/1 8.5x11

Danny Hultzen: 4/4, 4 8x10s
    Didn't expect to see these back because they were mailed to his AA team and the day after I mailed them he was promoted to AAA. So excited to see these come back

Vance Worley: 1/2, 8x10, returned game ticket unsigned
    So this autograph has an interesting story. I sent him a custom 8.5x11 of a cutout of him pitching with his jersey in the background. I told him if he liked it I'd be happy to send him a copy of the photo. Instead he kept the custom and then he printed his own 8x10 and sent it back signed without a personalization like he normally does! How cool is that!? I always like it when players like my customs, even though mine are pretty awful compared to all of the other talented card makers on this forum! It's neat to see multimillionaires appreciate the talent of their fans

Pat Neshek: 5/5, 4 8x10s, 1 Allen & Ginter
    I'm starting to think I'm wearing this guy out with how much I send to him but I just love his autograph and love that he is so awesome with his fans!!

Mike Napoli: 1/2, 1 8x10
    Ecstatic to see this come back!! I didn't get a return from him at Spring Training and I was also unable to get him in person when the Rangers came to Minneapolis. I really like the way he plays the game so I am pumped to get his autograph! I would love to see my Astros make a play for him this winter but doubt anyone of any talent would want to come to Houston :(

Christian Friedrich: 1/1, Rockies hat
    I could not believe my eyes when I pulled this out of the bubble mailer. I sent this to the Rockies' Spring Training complex all the way back in February!! He personalized it and inscribed "Go Rox!" I think he has the potential to be a great pitcher and I am so happy to get this back. I have now received 3 of the 5 hats I mailed to Spring Training. I'm not holding my breath for the last 2, they were sent to Matt Wieters and Hunter Pence

James Paxton: 2/2, Topps Pro Debut, 2012 Clinton Lumberkings pocket schedule
    I am very happy to see these come back from the former Lumberking! He signed my card along with a copy of this year's Lumberkings pocket schedule which featured Taijuan Walker alongside Paxton. He obliterated his face with his signature though haha! May send this Walker's way in March

Chase Headley: 2/2, 2 cards
    Couldn't be happier with how these cards turned out!

Tim Redding: 1/1
    Great return from the former Astro
    Woody Williams: 1/1
    Always enjoy getting returns from Astros
    Ryan Dempster: 1/4, 2012 Gypsy Queen
    I thought Dempster was 1 per but tried sending multiples just in case. He signed 1 of the 4 cards I sent and I couldn't be happier that he chose the Gypsy Queen!

Tom Wilhelmsen: 1/1
    Well this definitely did not turn out well. He put the card back in the penny sleeve before the ink was dry. :( I'll resend to him at Spring Training without including a penny sleeve or top loader

Ian Gac: 1/1
    Another card that didn't turn out well. I don't understand how it could come out this poorly because I powdered the card really well and the Bowman Chromes that I powdered and got signed in person turned out great!

Kirk Cousins: 3/3

Blake Beavan: 3/5, kept 2 of my Topps RCs
    Blake Swihart: 5/5, only 3 turned out well :(
    Joe Panik: 4/4
    These turned out awesome!!!

Mike Fiers: 2/2
    Love this return from a great rookie pitcher

Those are all my returns that were sent to my home in Iowa. Today I received a surprise return
    Bryan Brickhouse: 2/2 sent to KC Royals Instructional League in 3rd week of September
    These 2 cards came in after his Class A team came to Clinton so I took a shot with him TTM and it paid off.

And lastly, another great bobblehead pickup off of ebay!
    Brad Ausmus

As you can tell I had some bad luck with my cards so if anyone has any tips on how I can perfect my prepping abilities I'd appreciate the help!!

BANNED

Country

Well my mom arrived in Minneapolis last night from Iowa to visit me while I am on midterm break and with her she brought all of my mail :) There was a ton. So let's get right to it. Here are my returns

First, I received this baseball from Spring Training. The player did not put it back in the labeled ziploc bag, nor was there a return address so fellow collectors I need your help identifying this autograph!! I went back through my list of Spring Training requests and I mailed out 21 baseballs. Of the players I have not received returns from, none of the autographs matched this ball. I don't think I sent any balls to minor leaguers at the beginning of the season. All I know is this request was mailed out during Spring Training because soon after that I discovered the generic balls like the ones I sent out don't hold signatures so I didn't send anymore out. So if anyone could help me I'd really really appreciate it!!!!!!!

So now I will reveal my returns from people I actually know!

Emails:
    Charlie Weis: 1/0
    Al Golden: 1/0

Unfortunately I do not have return dates or turnaround times for any of these requests I am about to post. Most were sent out after mid-July and came back up until yesterday.

Chandler Harnish: 1/1 8.5x11

Danny Hultzen: 4/4, 4 8x10s
    Didn't expect to see these back because they were mailed to his AA team and the day after I mailed them he was promoted to AAA. So excited to see these come back

Vance Worley: 1/2, 8x10, returned game ticket unsigned
    So this autograph has an interesting story. I sent him a custom 8.5x11 of a cutout of him pitching with his jersey in the background. I told him if he liked it I'd be happy to send him a copy of the photo. Instead he kept the custom and then he printed his own 8x10 and sent it back signed without a personalization like he normally does! How cool is that!? I always like it when players like my customs, even though mine are pretty awful compared to all of the other talented card makers on this forum! It's neat to see multimillionaires appreciate the talent of their fans

Pat Neshek: 5/5, 4 8x10s, 1 Allen & Ginter
    I'm starting to think I'm wearing this guy out with how much I send to him but I just love his autograph and love that he is so awesome with his fans!!

Mike Napoli: 1/2, 1 8x10
    Ecstatic to see this come back!! I didn't get a return from him at Spring Training and I was also unable to get him in person when the Rangers came to Minneapolis. I really like the way he plays the game so I am pumped to get his autograph! I would love to see my Astros make a play for him this winter but doubt anyone of any talent would want to come to Houston :(

Christian Friedrich: 1/1, Rockies hat
    I could not believe my eyes when I pulled this out of the bubble mailer. I sent this to the Rockies' Spring Training complex all the way back in February!! He personalized it and inscribed "Go Rox!" I think he has the potential to be a great pitcher and I am so happy to get this back. I have now received 3 of the 5 hats I mailed to Spring Training. I'm not holding my breath for the last 2, they were sent to Matt Wieters and Hunter Pence

James Paxton: 2/2, Topps Pro Debut, 2012 Clinton Lumberkings pocket schedule
    I am very happy to see these come back from the former Lumberking! He signed my card along with a copy of this year's Lumberkings pocket schedule which featured Taijuan Walker alongside Paxton. He obliterated his face with his signature though haha! May send this Walker's way in March

Chase Headley: 2/2, 2 cards
    Couldn't be happier with how these cards turned out!

Tim Redding: 1/1
    Great return from the former Astro
    Woody Williams: 1/1
    Always enjoy getting returns from Astros
    Ryan Dempster: 1/4, 2012 Gypsy Queen
    I thought Dempster was 1 per but tried sending multiples just in case. He signed 1 of the 4 cards I sent and I couldn't be happier that he chose the Gypsy Queen!

Tom Wilhelmsen: 1/1
    Well this definitely did not turn out well. He put the card back in the penny sleeve before the ink was dry. :( I'll resend to him at Spring Training without including a penny sleeve or top loader

Ian Gac: 1/1
    Another card that didn't turn out well. I don't understand how it could come out this poorly because I powdered the card really well and the Bowman Chromes that I powdered and got signed in person turned out great!

Kirk Cousins: 3/3

Blake Beavan: 3/5, kept 2 of my Topps RCs
    Blake Swihart: 5/5, only 3 turned out well :(
    Joe Panik: 4/4
    These turned out awesome!!!

Mike Fiers: 2/2
    Love this return from a great rookie pitcher

Those are all my returns that were sent to my home in Iowa. Today I received a surprise return
    Bryan Brickhouse: 2/2 sent to KC Royals Instructional League in 3rd week of September
    These 2 cards came in after his Class A team came to Clinton so I took a shot with him TTM and it paid off.

And lastly, another great bobblehead pickup off of ebay!
    Brad Ausmus

As you can tell I had some bad luck with my cards so if anyone has any tips on how I can perfect my prepping abilities I'd appreciate the help!!

First off, Incredible haul. I love reading this thread, and second off, the baseball is signed by Yoenis Cespedes, he used to write out cespedes, but now he only writes c52p, nonetheless, a Yoenis Cespedes SS baseball is not a bad surpise

SCF Rewards
    Country

First off, Incredible haul. I love reading this thread, and second off, the baseball is signed by Yoenis Cespedes, he used to write out cespedes, but now he only writes c52p, nonetheless, a Yoenis Cespedes SS baseball is not a bad surpise

Omg it is!!! I completely forgot that I sent to him in the first week of the season!! Wow thank you so much for the help!!!!!! I've sent out 85 requests since moving into my apartment September 1st so hopefully this thread will continue to be fun to read!

Page 26 of 68 FirstFirst ... 162324252627282936 ... LastLast