Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

AA removing prayer cards that are passed out in flight

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/alaska...011345991.html

Thoughts?

The prayer cards, which the Seattle-based airline began offering in the 1970s after an executive spotted them on another airline, were intended to serve as a marketing strategy and to put passengers at ease, a spokeswoman said.
    Andrew Bailey: 188/240 not including 1/1's (78.3%); 202/436 cards including 1/1's(46.3%); 17/42 Auto, 8/34 Mem, 14/196 1/1's+ 1 auto'd ball +1 auto'd 8x10 + 2 bobble heads + 2 checklist cards + 3 unlisted (including 1 1/1) <WANTLIST-Hidden Content >

2. Wata Photo
    When I saw AA I thought you were talking about Alcoholics Anonymous. lol
    I am always looking for Habs cards seq #'d 24/xx
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

I use pennysleeve, toploader with a decoy card, team bag and bubble envelope. No PWE's

oops sorry
    Andrew Bailey: 188/240 not including 1/1's (78.3%); 202/436 cards including 1/1's(46.3%); 17/42 Auto, 8/34 Mem, 14/196 1/1's+ 1 auto'd ball +1 auto'd 8x10 + 2 bobble heads + 2 checklist cards + 3 unlisted (including 1 1/1) <WANTLIST-Hidden Content >

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    I did too. This is a non-story to me.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

31/99 National Treasures RCs

As to the story; I would not want to receive one during my flight, but not for religious reasons really. I just wouldn't want to be reminded of praying when I am 30,000 feet in the air.
    I am always looking for Habs cards seq #'d 24/xx
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

I use pennysleeve, toploader with a decoy card, team bag and bubble envelope. No PWE's

Quote Originally Posted by habsheaven View Post
    When I saw AA I thought you were talking about Alcoholics Anonymous. lol
    Me too!!

As to the story; I would not want to receive one during my flight, but not for religious reasons really. I just wouldn't want to be reminded of praying when I am 30,000 feet in the air.
    Again...me too!!!!

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."

awww... :( Than what would I have to doodle on during the flight???

Quote Originally Posted by duwal View Post
    awww... :( Than what would I have to doodle on during the flight???
    The back of the chairs and the bathroom walls just like everyone else does.
    Hidden Content
    Collecting Red Wings Past Present and Future!

I'm kind of curious about your reasoning for feeling that way. Does the cards strike some type of nerve with you?
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

I've flown AA a few times and have never been handed one of these cards. If I was handed one I would look at it and discard it. Seems like a way they could cut some spending by not handing these out.
    Check out my NEW FaceBook Fan page of my abstract painting and graphic design work!!!
    Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast