Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast
    Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Ordered my SuperVIP Ticket! I Can't wait, i have never been to a National before. Looking forward to seeing the full list of VIP signers, and also browsing the 600+ tables of cards.

Just had a few questions on how to go about collecting the free VIP Autographs. I know that signers will be attending different times, so do i need to attend at the time of their signing session to recieve auto? Or is there possibly a better way like being able to grab them all at once toward the end of the show? Also was wondering if there's anything else a serious collector might miss out on that's a must do/see during the week of the show.

Thanks guys for any input, and love the site! Mainly a internet (ebay) buyer but have enjoyed coming on here in recent months reading other collectors post's and opinions.

Have any more questions feel free to ask. Your going to have a blast. Stop by the SCF booth to chat.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country

I know a lot of members on SCF are planning on coming down to Baltimore for the show. One thing I want to point out, crime in this area has gotten really bad. Just make sure you’re aware of your surrounds and you don’t venture to far away from Pratt Street or the Inner Harbor area.

Good point. 2 of my co-workers have been involved in off-duty shootings in that very area over the years. Just be careful. I can provide armed security for a small fee

Quick question, as I've been to many shows but never the Nationals.... do you guys bring cards to trade? Last time I went to a show in MD none the vendors wanted to trade at all, thought it was weird.

Thanks, and man I can't wait!!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See sp0odini's Items on eBay

Good point. 2 of my co-workers have been involved in off-duty shootings in that very area over the years. Just be careful. I can provide armed security for a small fee

Quick question, as I've been to many shows but never the Nationals.... do you guys bring cards to trade? Last time I went to a show in MD none the vendors wanted to trade at all, thought it was weird.

Ha, if I was going I would take you up on that offer.

I would bring the cards to trade because if you can't trade with the vendors, there will be a ton of collectors around to trade with. They are always more fun to trade with anyway.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

do you guys bring cards to trade? Last time I went to a show in MD none the vendors wanted to trade at all, thought it was weird.

Bring up as I like to trade with some vendors. Thing is do not to expect trades to be even up as a vendor has to paya $1000 or more to set up. Many folks like Kevin mention bring thing to trade as attendees.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Sages_Sport_Cards's Items on eBay

i was going but then somethings came up so now i cant make but i am going to the Canada nationals in Toronto in a few weeks. hoping to get some trading done!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

i was going but then somethings came up so now i cant make but i am going to the Canada nationals in Toronto in a few weeks. hoping to get some trading done!

If you mean the Expo it better than the National when it comes to hockey hands down. All other sports will pale in comparison if you went to the Nationals. So hopefully, one day you will be able to hit one sooner or later.

DON

Added today.

Buster Douglas Boxing Friday

Elvin Hayes Basketball Friday

Wes Unseld Basketball Friday

Juan Marichal Baseball Friday
    Last edited by doniceage; 04-22-2012 at 01:31 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thing is do not to expect trades to be even up as a vendor has to paya $1000 or more to set up.

Does that mean singles and box prices are over-priced too?? If so....Why go then??
    I only ask cuz I plan on spending some serious cash... Figured I'd pick up PC/trade bait and even a few boxes.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Does that mean singles and box prices are over-priced too?? If so....Why go then??
    I only ask cuz I plan on spending some serious cash... Figured I'd pick up PC/trade bait and even a few boxes.

Just because a card is price something, you can always negotiate. At the last show in Baltimore, a lot of the resellers (BO, DAcard and so forth) selling boxes. The prices were cheaper than buying off the website. You need to walk around and find the best deal.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

There was even cheap boxes and packs to be found at the SCF booth in Baltimore two years ago... ;)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Celtics New England Patriots New York Yankees
    See tones2011's Items on eBay

talked it over with some people that go to my lcs, we will be going :D

Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast