Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 15 of 41 FirstFirst ... 51213141516171825 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Unless I am missing it, I don't see the autograph ticket prices anywhere yet.. Am I missing something?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Unless I am missing it, I don't see the autograph ticket prices anywhere yet.. Am I missing something?

I didn't see them yesterday, but they all show up now that ticket purchasing has opened up

Sidenote: Good Lord Emmitt, charge more for your auto please

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    See 73ToppsMann's Items on eBay LinkedIn

Autograph Prices

I didn't see them yesterday, but they all show up now that ticket purchasing has opened up

Sidenote: Good Lord Emmitt, charge more for your auto please

All of my arrangements are made, tickets purchased ..... went to the Tristar website, and saw the prices for autos .... Devi8or, I roll my eyes not only at Emmitt's auto prices, but ALL of them.

When I lived near Baltimore back in the early 80's, I met Eddie Murray at a local high school for a signing (on a Saturday), and Brooks Robinson and John Lowenstein at a gas station (different days). There was no charge. I just can't get over someone charging $149 (thanks, Cal) for someone to let them sign a baseball card. I miss those days.

On a side note, I'll be at Fenway this Saturday as a military honoree, and I'll likely meet several of the Red Sox in the process. I could bring balls and cards, but I would feel crass for doing so. A time and a place for that, and Fenway this Saturday isn't either.

But knowing that after their careers are over, some of these guys will be charging $40-$140 for their signature soon (if not already), and it almost makes me feel like bringing the cards along, just to avoid handing over $120 for a signed card and a handshake from Ortiz or Pedroia in 5-10 years at a card show. (I know it's a way for the players to make money .... but I don't have to like it)

SCF Rewards
    Country

All of my arrangements are made, tickets purchased ..... went to the Tristar website, and saw the prices for autos .... Devi8or, I roll my eyes not only at Emmitt's auto prices, but ALL of them.

When I lived near Baltimore back in the early 80's, I met Eddie Murray at a local high school for a signing (on a Saturday), and Brooks Robinson and John Lowenstein at a gas station (different days). There was no charge. I just can't get over someone charging $149 (thanks, Cal) for someone to let them sign a baseball card. I miss those days.

On a side note, I'll be at Fenway this Saturday as a military honoree, and I'll likely meet several of the Red Sox in the process. I could bring balls and cards, but I would feel crass for doing so. A time and a place for that, and Fenway this Saturday isn't either.

But knowing that after their careers are over, some of these guys will be charging $40-$140 for their signature soon (if not already), and it almost makes me feel like bringing the cards along, just to avoid handing over $120 for a signed card and a handshake from Ortiz or Pedroia in 5-10 years at a card show. (I know it's a way for the players to make money .... but I don't have to like it)

yeah it's crazy, the only reason I would even consider getting Emmitt's is for my wife, who is a huge Cowboys fan. I'm and Eagles fan, so that Emmitt auto means squat to me lol.

I just can't see paying $250 for him to sign an 8x10 when I can probably buy some authenticated auto for cheaper at the show. There were some that were decently priced that I would consider getting an item signed though, but maybe it just looks decent comparing to Emmitt lol

We have gotten our share of free autos from players at the Pro Bowl in Hawaii a few years ago.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See Bottom9th's Items on eBay

Almost $500 for Emmitt to sign a full size w/inscription. Guaranteed there will be better prices than that at the show.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Almost $500 for Emmitt to sign a full size w/inscription. Guaranteed there will be better prices than that at the show.

yeah that's what I figure too, the only problem is the item I was thinking of getting signed. I think it's under the 16x20 limit for the basic auto and I dont need an inscription. It's actually a nice Litograph of the Cowboys huddle, was hoping that I could get his auto on it, and maybe the other players who aer pictured and visable (Aikman, Irvin, Novacek....etc)

SCF Rewards
    Country

Does anyone else think the autograph prices are high this year?
    I collect vintage in all sports and rookies. However, I do love any Red Sox, Bears, Penguins or Celtics that I need for PC! Need 1959 Topps Baseball cards for a set (ending stages). My cards come from smoke free environment, so please be upfront if your cards are not. Also if your cards are creased or bent, be honest about it.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Does anyone else think the autograph prices are high this year?

The prices for autographs at the Nationals has always been high imo. Just remember this is the premiere event of all events for autograph signings.

Also two more added:

Added recently.

Ivan Rodriguez

Brooks Robinson

DON
    Last edited by doniceage; 06-13-2012 at 03:02 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Autos

yeah it's crazy, the only reason I would even consider getting Emmitt's is for my wife, who is a huge Cowboys fan. I'm and Eagles fan, so that Emmitt auto means squat to me lol.

I just can't see paying $250 for him to sign an 8x10 when I can probably buy some authenticated auto for cheaper at the show. There were some that were decently priced that I would consider getting an item signed though, but maybe it just looks decent comparing to Emmitt lol

We have gotten our share of free autos from players at the Pro Bowl in Hawaii a few years ago.

That's pretty much the way to go .... I'm never too comfortable asking players before a game for an auto, though. Plus, I usually get to the game 5-10 minutes before gametime, which is not the time to ask them.

I'll be at Nationals Park in July, and I'd love to try to get a few autos then, but I'm attending a course for work, and I probably won't get to the park until .... 5 or 10 minutes before the game

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Nationals auto prices

The prices for autographs at the Nationals has always been high imo. Just remember this is the premiere event of all events for autograph signings.

Also two more added:

Added recently.

Ivan Rodriguez

Brooks Robinson

DON

DON,

While I agree, it is the premier event, they don't seem to take into account the current economic situation, or the reality that a lot of people just won't pay that much for an auto.

I know they priced me out ... when I saw that most of the Orioles were scheduled for Saturday (Murray, Robinson x2, Ripken), I started to change my plans, and stay Saturday, leaving Sunday. But once I caught a look at the prices, I stopped looking at changing my plans.

I would have probably bought the VIP pass, and stayed 2 extra days, but I just can't afford to pay $150 for Cal Ripken to autograph one card for me, and another $50-60 for ONE of the Robinsons to autograph something.

Again, just too expensive ... and Tristar probably doesn't realize that they'd get more money by pricing the autos reasonably - and they probably don't care.

Page 15 of 41 FirstFirst ... 51213141516171825 ... LastLast