01-30-2012, 06:58 PM #1
2012 MLB Survivor (Rules and Prizes)
We will be starting up the MLB Survivor contest again this year, starting with the 1st game of the MLB regular season. It will extend into the playoffs only if there is an ongoing (current) streak. Here are the rules:
SCF MLB Survivor:
How To Play:
1) Simply post the name of only one team every day that you think will win that day's game. If your team wins, you'll stay alive to guess for the next day. If your team loses, you're eliminated. If you fail to make a guess for a particular day's games prior to the start of the first MLB game of the day, you're eliminated. Posting only "New York" or "Los Angeles" or "Chicago" will disqualify you if both NY/LA/Chicago teams are playing that day. It is strongly recommended that you post both the team's city and nickname. Once a survivor segment has started, no new entrants may join until the segment is over (when we get down to one member remaining who wins the game!). Once a segment is over, we will post a new segment or round and people will have a new deadline to enter their picks for the first game again.
2) Editing of original posts (guesses) will disqualify that player. If you want to change your guess, simply make a new post stating the change that you would like to make before the stated deadline.
3) Your streak will not end if your team's game is rained out or otherwise just not played. Your streak will simply be a day behind but you will not be eliminated until you make an incorrect guess. You may continue to make guesses until eliminated.
4) Contest is open to all members of SCF including staff. You must enter by the initial deadline set for the current segment. Remember, once you choose a losing team throughout this segment, you are eliminated until the next SCF MLB Survivor contest segment or round begins.A new thread will be started for each segment.
5) Check the current SCF MLB Survivor thread in this forum each day for a Yahoo link that lists the MLB games that are scheduled from which you may pick your team. The list of “survivors” and their picks for the next game will be updated after each day's games. If for some reason the next schedule is not posted, it is the contestants responsibility to ensure they post their next pick prior to the first MLB game of the day to prevent from being eliminated. I will post the thread for segment #1 once we get closer to the start of the regular season. This thread is informational ONLY.
6) Survive the longest and win! The survivor who lasts the longest before being eliminated will win the 250 cc prize pool for that particular segment. If there is a tie, the winning survivors will share the cc prize equally. You also have a chance to add to the 250 cc prize by reaching a 10-game streak and continuing to pick winning teams:
BONUS CC: Any participant who survives 10 MLB games (a 10-game streak) wins a 50 cc bonus. A 20 cc bonus will also be awarded for EACH correct guess that extends beyond the 10-game streak. Thus, a 15-game streak will win you 150 bonus cc (50 + 20 + 20 + 20 + 20 + 20 = 150 cc)! So put some thought into your guesses. With this in mind, the survivor contest will continue, even with one person left until the last remaining person picks a losing team.
Remember, you must sign up for each segment by the start of Game #1. I will post the schedule for game #1 and the deadline for posting for each segment. Once a segment starts, no other participants may join until the next segment begins. I will post the list of participants in the contest thread for each segment once we reach the deadline and then track your streaks until the segment ends (when the last person fails to pick a winning team).
Post your picks for Game #1 and Game #2 in the current thread for the current segment being played. Only those who survive Game #1 will actually move on to Game #2. Check the contest thread every day to make sure your picks are in to keep from being eliminated for not picking a team by the deadline. I will accept picks from those who have survived as long as they are posted before the start time of the first scheduled game of the day (deadline for each day). Therefore, it is imperative that entrants keep an eye on the schedule for each day whether it is posted in this thread or not.
If you survive Game #1 you will then be allowed to post your pick early for Game #3. However, your pick for game #3 will only be counted if you survive game #2. If you survive Game #2, then you post your pick for Game #4. You must survive Game #3 for your pick for Game #4 to count and so on. You don't have to post your pick early, but make sure your pick is in by the start of the first scheduled game for that day. I will update this thread daily as people are eliminated. Good luck!
You can post your teams for any subsequent games anytime as long as they are posted sometime prior to the start of the first MLB game that is scheduled for that particular day. This will ensure you have your picks posted by the deadlines.
***NOTE: If there is a double header, you must list which game you are picking your team, for instance (game #1 or game #2 of doubleheader) so I know which one your pick was for. If you do not do this, I will assume your pick is for the 1st game of the double header that day.
Once we start the contest on opening day of the MLB season, I will do my best to post the daily MLB schedule for games (usually 1 or 2 days in advance of the game), but if I am unable to post the schedule, it is the contestants responsibility to make his/her pick by the start of the first game for that day.
NEW --SEASON ENDING PRIZES
1) Whoever has the longest single winning streak for any MLB survivor contest segment at season's end will win a 2011 Topps Heritage Minors Bryce Harper Blue Tint parallel card (BV $30).
**If there is a tie, the person who has the longest combined winning streaks from all segments played will be the winner**.
2). Whoever wins the most individual SCF MLB Survivor segments wins a 2011 Topps Heritage Minors Bryce Harper GU base card (BV $25). If there is a tie, the person that won the segment that lasted the longest will win the prize.
Segment #1 - KD35Russo - 9 Games
Segment #2 - steven morgan - 4 Games
Segment #3 - white rabbit - 3 Games
Segment #4 - 10-way tie: gladdyontherise bouncer udeckcoll white rabbit SDre31 endyalamo steven_morgan ttmtrader101 SWOWannabe NY Sports Teams - 1 Game
Segment #5 - bouncer - 4 games
Segment #6 - Peties Army - 3 games
Segment #7 - white rabbit - 3 games
Segment #8 - Axe725 - 2 Games
Segment #9 - Peties Army - 7 games
Segment #10 - gladdyontherise - 6 games
Segment #11 - 2-way tie: SDre31 & white rabbit - 3 games
Segment #12 - SWOWannabe - 6 games
Segment #13 - Peties Army - 4 games
Segment #14 - 4-way tie: alassandro11, pwaldo, SDre31, and Sportsfanatic10 - 3 games
Segment #15 - 2-way tie: alassandro11 & tylerj1987 - 3 games
Segment #16 - gladdyontherise - 8 games
Segment #17 - gladdyontherise - 6 games
Segment #18 - SDre31 - 6 games
Segment #19 - myclampdx - 6 games
Segment #20 - 5-way tie: endyalamo, SDre31, ttmtrader101, udeckcoll, yazfan71 - 1 game
Segment #21 - Axe725 - 4 games
Segment #22 - udeckcoll - 3 games
Segment #23 - 9-way tie: BigBaller23, gladdyontherise, myclampdx, NomarG5, NY Sports Teams, pwaldo, ttmtrader101, udeckcoll, &white_rabbit - 2 games
Segment #24 - 2-way tie - pwaldo & udeckcoll - 1 game
Segment #25 - gladdyontherise - 14 games
Longest Winning Streak - gladdyontherise - 14 games
Last edited by RGM81; 10-08-2012 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Update for Segments 24/25
01-30-2012, 07:36 PM #2
Awesome!Please do NOT tape toploaders or use excessive tape--thanks!Andrew Bailey: 164/218 not including 1/1's (75.2%); 177/407 cards including 1/1's(43.3%); 13/39 Auto, 8/34 Mem, 13/191 1/1's+ 1 auto'd ball +1 auto'd 8x10 + 2 bobble heads + 2 checklist cards + 4 unlisted (including 1 1/1) <WANTLIST-Hidden Content > No international shipping ATM.
01-30-2012, 07:51 PM #3
This year I'm being smart by adding the tie breakers. I ended up with a 7-way tie for the most segments won last year and ended up giving away a total of 8 GU cards from my stash LOL. Luckily, only won person won the longest streak and there were no ties for that prize. This year's prizes are courtesy of the SCF Baseball Prize stash. I'll probably still throw in some unexpected bonus prizes here and there again this year from my personal giveaway stash.
Can't wait to get started!!!
Last edited by stewart20rulz; 01-30-2012 at 07:53 PM.
01-30-2012, 08:11 PM #4
Please do NOT tape toploaders or use excessive tape--thanks!Andrew Bailey: 164/218 not including 1/1's (75.2%); 177/407 cards including 1/1's(43.3%); 13/39 Auto, 8/34 Mem, 13/191 1/1's+ 1 auto'd ball +1 auto'd 8x10 + 2 bobble heads + 2 checklist cards + 4 unlisted (including 1 1/1) <WANTLIST-Hidden Content > No international shipping ATM.
01-31-2012, 03:12 PM #5
Hmm sounds interesting. Now just a matter of remembering to do it each day.Items available for sale on my webshots
02-01-2012, 11:38 PM #6
02-02-2012, 10:38 AM #7
very cool , look forward to the return and of COURSE BASEBALL !Hidden Content - udeckcoll
02-03-2012, 04:10 PM #8
Can't wait!!!!!!!!!Hidden Content
Collecting: Texas Rangers, Dolphins, Saints, Former Razorbacks, Former LSU Tigers, & Former Longhorns
02-04-2012, 01:50 PM #9
Excited for a new season of survivor.
Meh about Natinals lolHidden Content
"The last thing you want to do is go down in the history of All-Star game competition as the only injury sustained during the team picture." - Cal Ripken Jr.
02-04-2012, 02:37 PM #10
Sounds good cant waitClick Banner 4 Bucket
Looking For All Duke Alum Cards And If There In A Duke Uniform That Is A Big Plus !!!