Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See tsjct's Items on eBay

Wow! FEDERAL WORKERS Earn 16% More Than Private Sector

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

I know, as a private sector guy, it sucks! Particularly when you're starting out (like me), the public sector just crushes in benefits and salary. Though I must say, this HAS to change at some point. Public sector is just way too cushy.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

federal and state workers have always been seen as having a bit better wage and benefits. I guess that comes with an organization that pays salaries from tax dollars. I've always been dumfounded with how many days off and sick time federal employees get. I think they rack up a day of sick time every pay check or maybe every month and they can roll them over year after year. You always hear a lot of people just roll it over and when they retire they take their banked days and leave months early. Seems like those types of benefits could be more in line with the traditional workforce.

I do know some federal employees that have had raise freezes the past 2-3 years. I wonder if a large amount of that 16% happens to be the higher end federal workers.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See tsjct's Items on eBay

federal and state workers have always been seen as having a bit better wage and benefits. I guess that comes with an organization that pays salaries from tax dollars. I've always been dumfounded with how many days off and sick time federal employees get. I think they rack up a day of sick time every pay check or maybe every month and they can roll them over year after year. You always hear a lot of people just roll it over and when they retire they take their banked days and leave months early. Seems like those types of benefits could be more in line with the traditional workforce.

I do know some federal employees that have had raise freezes the past 2-3 years. I wonder if a large amount of that 16% happens to be the higher end federal workers.

Obama just announced he is Giving a RAISE this year to ALL federal employees. It is out of control. We are struggling as a Country and he is giving raises to federal workers?? I do not understand what he is thinking but i never have.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I know, as a private sector guy, it sucks! Particularly when you're starting out (like me), the public sector just crushes in benefits and salary. Though I must say, this HAS to change at some point. Public sector is just way too cushy.

I work for a private sector company and we get really good benefits. Not as many days as government employees but quite a bit more than my friends in private sector jobs. I guess the main thing is, a company can do that if they can afford it. If things start to get tight they can draw back to save money. We had raise freezes three years ago as they forecasted a tough year. Seems like the government should be able to do that as well if they need to add some cost savings. I do know that they have in some areas. However, I feel they could make those cuts elsewhere as it seems like there's always a lot of wasted spending that doesn't really have to do with employee wages.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Obama just announced he is Giving a RAISE this year to ALL federal employees. It is out of control. We are struggling as a Country and he is giving raises to federal workers?? I do not understand what he is thinking but i never have.

well, my friend that works at the FAA has been raise frozen for a few years. I think she said her raise for this year is like 1.5% or something and that was just a "cost of living adjustment". Plus her insurance premiums are going up so she'll make less each pay check. Not saying it's not tough for others as well. Just pointing out there are other factors to consider other than just saying "everyone gets raises".

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country
    See AUTaxMan's Items on eBay

Even worse is the fact that most government workers could't get an equivalent job in the private sector.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Even worse is the fact that most government workers could't get an equivalent job in the private sector.

I don't know if I'd say most. I get that there are some pretty terrible workers that we see around at different federal/government jobs, but there are a good number of ones that are great and smart employees. At my USPS, for example, there are a decent number of great employees and there are a decent number of terrible workers with bad attitudes and are lazy.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See shortking98's Items on eBay

In my field it seems that private sector pays more but where the public sector makes it up is in cushy benefits packages, holidays etc.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Does anyone else find it ironic that some of the same people that are generally against civillian gov't employees getting raises and benefits have no problem with our same tax dollars going on military spending and military employee pay?
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast