Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mitcwolf's Items on eBay

Indiana passes Right to Work Bill

Indiana has become the first Rust Belt state to enact the contentious right-to-work labor law prohibiting labor contracts that require workers to pay union representation fees.

http://www.businessweek.com/ap/finan.../D9SKPN9O3.htm

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I am surprised nobody has commented on this.

I support this 110%. Our economy is struggling and jobs are hard to find. The last thing we need is unions making it harder for non-union workers to "get in" and taking money out of their checks for the right to work. Competition for skilled workers breeds higher salaries, not legal wrangling and backdoor deals.

BANNED

Country
    See lindat32's Items on eBay

I support this 110%. Our economy is struggling and jobs are hard to find. The last thing we need is unions making it harder for non-union workers to "get in" and taking money out of their checks for the right to work. Competition for skilled workers breeds higher salaries, not legal wrangling and backdoor deals.

Could not agree more, totally spot on.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

I actually agree too. I may be liberal, but I've never been a big union guy.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See onepimptiger's Items on eBay

Mitch Daniels: Right-to-work already working

Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels defended Thursday his state’s newly-approved right-to-work legislation, saying that the phones have been ringing off the hook with companies wanting to come to the state since he signed the measure.

Of course I'm all for this...looks like people who create jobs are too.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

I don't like this. Like I said before unions are a neccessary evil. Yes companies are going to want to come to any right to work state because they can essentially do whatever they want and always hold over the employee's head that this is a right to work state and they can fire you whenever they want for any reason.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

I'm not sure exactly what this means, but on the surface it seems like a good thing. I get that unions won't like this as it hurt solidarity. I think people should have the choice to decide of they want to pay for the service that a union may provide. I think people should have a choice of joining a union more so than just having to choose not to work at a place where they would typically have to.

I know pro union people will say that companies "want to do whatever they want" but I still stand by the fact that there are way more companies that hire non union employees and are just as fair to them without having the union.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mitcwolf's Items on eBay

I don't like this. Like I said before unions are a neccessary evil. Yes companies are going to want to come to any right to work state because they can essentially do whatever they want and always hold over the employee's head that this is a right to work state and they can fire you whenever they want for any reason.

Then Don't give the companies a reason to fire you. If you're a hard worker and respects the policies the company put in place you aren't going to get fired. There are wayto many expenses in hiring someone new to just start axing people

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Then Don't give the companies a reason to fire you. If you're a hard worker and respects the policies the company put in place you aren't going to get fired. There are wayto many expenses in hiring someone new to just start axing people

That's easier said than done. Some companies play favorites. If you aren't kissing the right person's backside or if your uncle isn't the manager then if push comes to shove you are good as gone. For example my previous job was a sales job. I came to work on time did my job and pretty much kept to myself except for a few people that I used to talk to. One day the company decided that they didn't like paying us all the commission money they were paying us. I sales were based on getting good calls coming through. You know what happens next management sends the good calls to all their buddies and if you wernt down with the clique you were out of luck. If you don't make their sales quota out the door you go. So are you telling me that on every job that I work on that is non unioned I need to kiss the bosses backside to keep my job and avoid being fired?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I'm not sure exactly what this means, but on the surface it seems like a good thing. I get that unions won't like this as it hurt solidarity. I think people should have the choice to decide of they want to pay for the service that a union may provide. I think people should have a choice of joining a union more so than just having to choose not to work at a place where they would typically have to.

I know pro union people will say that companies "want to do whatever they want" but I still stand by the fact that there are way more companies that hire non union employees and are just as fair to them without having the union.

This isn't about protection from getting fired. This is about unions stopping people who need jobs from getting them unless they join the union. The "Right to Work" bill stops unions from blocking non-union workers from getting jobs and forcing people who need a job to pay union dues and fees to get a job.

As far as I am concerned, being forced to pay union dues to get a job is blatant extortion. If an employer said "Give me $100 and you can have a job" then the labor commision would be all over him. A union says "Give me $100 in "dues" and you can have a job" and everyone is all for it.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast