Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
  1. #1

    United Nations leaders want a world tax to help the poor

    United Nations leaders want a world tax to help the poor

    Inside the U.N., another group of civil society leaders demanded a basic level of social security as they promoted a “social protection floor” at a preparatory forum for the Commission on Social Development, which began Feb. 1.

    The focus of the forum was “universal access to basic social protection and social services.”

    “No one should live below a certain income level,” stated Milos Koterec, President of the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations. “Everyone should be able to access at least basic health services, primary education, housing, water, sanitation and other essential services.”

    The money to fund these services may come from a new world tax.
    Wonderful...ready to add one more tax to your bill?

    "I swear by my life, and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."

  2. #2
    “No one should live below a certain income level,” stated Milos Koterec

    Ok why not? There are millions, if not billion of people on the planet that have no need for money so why say they need it? Hand a $100 bill to a Brazilian tribesman and see if they know what to do with it.

  3. #3
    What right does a person who doesn't do anything to earn money have to take it from someone who does have to earn their living?

    "I swear by my life, and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."

  4. #4
    Interesting that the UN is located in the richest country in the world in one of the richest real estate areas. Maybe they should sell the headquarters along with their fleet of private jets and limos and move to Sudan and give all that money that they waste on luxuries away to the poor if they are so concerned about them.
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by pwaldo View Post
    Interesting that the UN is located in the richest country in the world in one of the richest real estate areas. Maybe they should sell the headquarters along with their fleet of private jets and limos and move to Sudan and give all that money that they waste on luxuries away to the poor if they are so concerned about them.
    USA rich? You mean we are actually among the poorest with our $15 trillion + debt

  6. #6
    Not keen about the "minimum income level" business, but I think this statement is a very noble goal that EVERYONE should be striving for:

    “Everyone should be able to access at least basic health services, primary education, housing, water, sanitation and other essential services.”
    I am always looking for Habs cards seq #'d 24/xx
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

    I use pennysleeve, toploader with a decoy card, team bag and bubble envelope. No PWE's

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by habsheaven View Post
    Not keen about the "minimum income level" business, but I think this statement is a very noble goal that EVERYONE should be striving for:

    “Everyone should be able to access at least basic health services, primary education, housing, water, sanitation and other essential services.”
    I wonder if the UN headquarters in New York allows homeless, poor, and hungry people to use their facilities and services?

    Also many of these countries could easily improve their standard of living if they didn't have outrageous populations. How do you expect to have clean water and food for all in a country full of one billion people?
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by pwaldo View Post
    I wonder if the UN headquarters in New York allows homeless, poor, and hungry people to use their facilities and services?

    Also many of these countries could easily improve their standard of living if they didn't have outrageous populations. How do you expect to have clean water and food for all in a country full of one billion people?

    That goes back to having access to birth control and sex ed but that is for a different discussion.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

    Hidden Content

    Hidden Content

  9. #9
    I just flat out don't like the concept of a "world tax".
    Blog: Hidden Content
    Steven Jackson Collection- 30 RCs, 160 #D, 182 GU/Patch, 23 AU, 8 Au/Jsy, Three 1/1
    Jermaine Gresham: 29 RCs, 26 #D, 30 GU/Patch, 25 AU, 29 Au/Jsy
    Steelers: 74 #D, 37 GU/Patch, 22 AU, 6 AU/GU
    Josh Johnson: 16 RCs, 9 #D, 17 Autos

  10. #10
    umm... bad idea no matter how good the intentions may be.
    Check out my NEW FaceBook Fan page of my abstract painting and graphic design work!!!
    Hidden Content

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •