Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF's 9th Birthday All-Sports Contest - Hockey

March 3rd, 2012, is the 9th birthday of Sports Card Forum, and everybody is invited to the party!

As a special thank you to the people who are responsible for SCF’s amazing growth over the years—that’s you, our amazing members!—we have a special contest that is going to run in each sport’s Contest Forum with an awesome prize in each section to be given away! That’s right – it’s our party and we’re bringing you the presents!

Here is the contest:

Tell us your favourite card acquired here at Sports Card Forum. This can be a card you acquired via a trade, a sale, a card cash purchase, a pack sale, or a staff-sponsored group break, as long as you got the card from someone, somehow, via SCF we want to see it and we want to know why it is your absolute favourite card. The “SCF Experience” is something that we value very highly, as we want all of our members to consider SCF the best site online for all their hobby needs. Share with us the card, the photo, and the story and you can win a great prize.

Here is an example of how your entry could go. There's no "right" or "wrong" way to do this, just go with what feels best for you!

A couple of years ago, doniceage hosted a group case break that featured 2007-08 ITG O Canada and 2006-07 ITG Between The Pipes. I very rarely participate in group breaks, but these two products have a lot of cards of my favourite player (Carey Price) in them that spotlight his early years as a hockey player. It’s so tough to find his Tri-City Americans or Team Canada stuff, and with a case of each being broken, and with a bit of good luck on the draft position, I thought that maybe I could end up grabbing some rare items for my PC. The draft positions were announced and I ended up with the #4 spot in O Canada and the #8 spot in Between The Pipes. I thought to myself that this would end up working out all right – there’s enough great cards that could potentially be pulled that any Price stuff would slide down to me. Then Don posted the videos of the breaks – in the 7th box of O Canada out popped a Carey Price Complete Jersey. As Don said, “Get happy folks!” This was far and away the best card out of the break and there was no way I could let it go to someone else, so I got in touch with the fellow who had the #1 overall pick. I gave him all of my picks in both drafts plus some other cards to secure that #1 position. No matter what else was in the breaks, I simply had to have the Price Complete Jersey. The deal was agreed to and to this day this is the card that remains my favourite card acquired here at SCF. And really, how could it not be? Just take a look at this gem!

So now that you have an idea of what to do, what are the prizes? SCF has spared no expense and dug deep into the prize vault for each sport. Here is what we have available for each sport:

Football – 2011 Limited Rookie Jumbo Jersey Numbers #34 DeMarco Murray

Baseball – 2011 Topps Chrome Rookie Autographs 172 Brandon Belt Autograph

Hockey – 2010-11 Panini Dominion Private Signings #MR Manon Rheaume Autograph

Basketball –2010-11 Elite Black Box The Rookies #3 DeMarcus Cousins 3-color Patch (27/99)

Racing –2011 Press Pass Legends Pacing The Field PFABE Bill Elliott Autograph (16/40)

MMA – 2009 UFC Round 1 Autograph Michael Bisping - A-MB

Wrestling – 4000CC that can be used to purchase any card(s) from the CC Store

The contest period will run until Saturday, March 10th at which time the staff from each sport will vote on the best submissions. The winner in each sport will receive the prize listed above. Runners-up, we have something for you too! The member who comes in 2nd place in each sport’s voting will receive 1,000CC.

In addition to your submission, we also have the following requirements for contest entry:
    1. Please Digg The SCF Birthday Contest here: OFFICIAL DIGG LINK Please confirm your Digg by posting your ID in this thread!
    2. Please enter into at least one transaction on SCF during the contest period. This can be any deal that is eligible to be posted in the Trade Manager except for CC-for-Paypal deals. We want to see an actual transaction involving cards! You do not have to complete the deal, as we all know that the mail system cannot always deliver – we just want you to be active in trading, buying, or selling. Please confirm your trade by posting the link in this thread!
    3. You must be a member in good standing. This means no major infractions on your account in the past 30 days; no suspensions: if you have been suspended from SCF for rule violations during the past 30 days, you are disqualified from participating; no negative feedback for the past 30 days prior to the beginning of the contest - any negative feedback received will be investigated by the SCF Dispute Team.
    4. Due to the voting requirements for staff on best break, SCF Staff are not eligible to participate in this contest.
    5. You may enter into each sport’s contest once! You may enter a unique submission in any or all of the sports you wish, but you must have a unique story for each sport – you cannot simply copy and paste the story and substitute a sport-appropriate card. Multiple submissions in a single sport (i.e. Baseball) will result in disqualification from that sport’s contest as well as any others you have entered.

Once again, a big thank you to all of SCF’s valued members that have helped make this the very best online trading community! We look forward to your entries!
    Last edited by RGM81; 03-03-2012 at 09:09 PM.
    Carey Price fan and collector - want your hard-signed autos!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 195 Unique Cards + 8 1/1's!!!

Well, i once opened 2 boxes of artifacts, in it was a Black Horizontal Patch Tag 2/2 Patrick Roy, i was very shocked. I got countless offers until a another user on this forum offered me a BTP The Complete Package of MA Fleury, 1/1. I took it, and woah nelly, its something im proud to add to my collection.

Transaction link- http://www.sportscardforum.com/trade...show&id=365534

And i dugg the Bday contest.
    Last edited by Satan81; 03-03-2012 at 06:13 PM.
    Hidden Content
    I collect Hidden Content , Hidden Content
    Hidden Content & current PIT
    My SCF Inventory is my Tradelist!
    Hidden Content

I was trying to move some of my cards on the hockey trading and most of my stuff was fairly older. I hadn't broken a box since the early 2000's. So it was tough to move my stuff. I had a 2002-03 Upper Deck MVP Skate Around Jersey of Patrick Roy. Well although he was one of my favorite players I decided to trade it, as it was only a single color. The other guy was a Roy fan as well so it was easy to move it to another Roy fan. With wanting some newer stuff, I noticed the other trader had this 2008-09 Upper Deck Artifacts Tundra Tandems Patches Copper #TTGH Simon Gagne/ Dany Heatley 13/35

I thought that would be a cool addition has I had never gotten any Artifacts before. Plus it was a patch card and I just really like those, alot nicer than your typical jersey card. And it is multi colors. While I don't have alot of newer stuff what I do have I make sure it's something I definitely will like.

Trade link:
    http://www.sportscardforum.com/trade...show&id=376622

DIGG ID: mws1984
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by roaddogg02316; 03-03-2012 at 10:19 PM.
    Cards and other items available on my Google + page
    Hidden Content

so shortly after I got back into collecting I had purchased a couple of Chara cards on e-bay, and then I found scf while searching for someplace to trade cards instead of just buying them all. I had made a couple trades, and one day I searched the entire hockey section for Chara. It popped up that there was a sick quad patch /10 for trade/sale in the high end forum. I contacted the member to try to make a deal, but the only "high end" cards I had were 2 Nugent-Hopkins young guns. So I attempted to work a deal with him, which was unfruitful. He told me he was gonna put the Chara card on e-bay for like $150. I didn't have the money for it, so I figured it had slipped away. About 2 weeks later he contacts me asking if I'm still interested, which of course I was. So low and behold I gave up 2 RNH YG's for this, and 2 other cards:

Deffinitly the best Chara card in my PC, and My favorite card that I own, I still just stare at it in amazement from time to time, the patches are ridiculous, 4 patches, all are 4 color with stitching, the shadow on the right side of the top right patch is because of how thick the card is, theres actually a gap where the white tucks under.

Dugg as: Mike1433185

Trade: http://www.sportscardforum.com/trade...show&id=377387
    Last edited by Mike1433; 03-06-2012 at 07:33 PM.
    Main PC: Zdeno Chara.
    Secondary PC: Dustin Byfuglien, Brent Seabrook, Duncan Keith, Jonathan Toews, Patrick Kane, Patrick Sharp, Marian Hossa. Also interested in any cards that have Eric, Marc, Jordan, and Jared Staal all together on them.
    Tradelist is here: Hidden Content

btw, you cant see it in the pic, but it's # 01/10
    Main PC: Zdeno Chara.
    Secondary PC: Dustin Byfuglien, Brent Seabrook, Duncan Keith, Jonathan Toews, Patrick Kane, Patrick Sharp, Marian Hossa. Also interested in any cards that have Eric, Marc, Jordan, and Jared Staal all together on them.
    Tradelist is here: Hidden Content

Don't forget to confirm your Digg and post your trade thread, folks.
    Carey Price fan and collector - want your hard-signed autos!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 195 Unique Cards + 8 1/1's!!!

Oh, and my Digg name is the same as my SCF name.
    Hidden Content
    I collect Hidden Content , Hidden Content
    Hidden Content & current PIT
    My SCF Inventory is my Tradelist!
    Hidden Content

Digg ID: mws1984
    Also highlighted my trade and digg id in my post just to be safe.
    Cards and other items available on my Google + page
    Hidden Content

Dugg -

Trade -

The back story:
    One christmas a decade or so ago, my mom bought a Gretzky rookie card that she was pretty excited to give me. That christmas eve (before my mom has given me the card) my cousin pulls a garbage bag out from under his bed filled with old cards and tells me if I want them they're mine. I go throught the bag and in it are tons of cards from the mid 70s to early 80s, including these:

Getting all those cards from my cousin kind of took away from what was still a fantastic present from my mom, but really its the thought that counts - and I truly felt blessed (and still do!). So needless to say, it was a great christmas for me. EDIT: Oh, and its the one from my mom thats still my favourite!
    Last edited by BigFloppy; 03-03-2012 at 11:20 PM.
    Looking for: 2001-02 UD YGs/ flashbacks, 2002-03 UD Foundations, 2011-12 and 2012-13 UD Canvas
    Mogilny cards I don't have.
    Please check my link: Hidden Content
    Mini-bucket (worst ever?): Hidden Content

Dugg as gardzy99---

Trade #1-- http://www.sportscardforum.com/trade...show&id=377639

A couple of years ago I decided to make Luke Schenn my PC guy. I've worked diligently at collecting a nice assortment of his cards through trades here on SCF. However, last year a member on this site showed why I continue to frequent this site. Azrael_vat had a few cards of Luke Schenn from his PC he had been collecting. He decided not to continue collecting The Human Eraser and gave me his remaining cards. I had to give nothing up. I had to send nothing. He just sent me some really nice cards including the card pictured for my PC. He said he wanted to see the cards end up in a nice Schenn PC. This is the most gracious act anyone on this site could do. I appreciate it. I now make it a habit to send cards to some folks collecting at no charge to them and not to benefit myself. I send them to be sure they are enjoying the hobby as I am. I send them the cards for free as a "pay it forward"for the gift given to me by this member. That is what the hobby is all about. I love my collection. I love the thrill of the chase. I love the feeling of finishing a set and when somebody can help me do that out of the kindness of their heart and nothing more, it makes the hobby that much more amazing to me. That is why this card is my favourite and will always stay in my collection.

Thanks again azrael_vat.

Chad
    Last edited by gardzy99; 03-09-2012 at 04:58 PM.
    EVERYTHING IN BUCKET FOR TRADE FOR 12/13 OPC Retros/Popups
    12/13 OPC Retros/Popups Wantlist: Hidden Content
    Bucket:Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast