Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 60 of 66 FirstFirst ... 105057585960616263 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See lizard-jd's Items on eBay

That Heisman pic might be the coolest item I have ever seen! The fact that they all added their year makes it even more impressive.

Thank you for noticing! The Heisman Winners pic is one of my favorite & most challenging project that I started. The amazing part is that I never mentioned for them to add their winning year(s) but it appears that after the first couple they all did. When Paul Hornung signed it, it almost looks like he was about to write Heisman after his date but he stopped after the "H". Only three added their jersey number plus year won (Herschel Walker, Archie Griffin & Hornung). What struck me the most is that they all signed in black sharpie. It wouldn't have mattered if they signed in blue or red as long as they signed it!
    Last edited by lizard-jd; 12-20-2013 at 10:04 PM.

BANNED

Blog Entries
    Country
    Houston Astros LSU Tigers
    See cademinton's Items on eBay Instagram: Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale

Wow! I thought u had requested those features. Thats awesome!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Been a while since I posted so here are a few that have come in the last month. I also did my first drive by for ST at the Jupiter ballpark & snagged my first IP of 2014, Tony Cruz (and few others). I don't plan to post all my IP like in previous years because it just takes too much time.

Ray Guy, 2 CICs. Geez, he has to be nominated for the HOF!

Rocky Bleier,
    2 CICs, finally after 3 tries!

Doug Betters, 2 CICs, wrote apology on IC for taking so long (I didn't think it took long at all).

Herm Edwards, 2 CICs.

David Stern, 2 CICs from the Commish.

Ken Harvick, 2 CICs, took a while.

Goose Gossage, 1 CIC & returned the $5 donation I had enclosed.

Ryne Sandberg, 2 CICs with $5 donation.

Jack Billingham, 2 CICs.

Steve & Jason Grilli
    (Father/Son), 2 CICs. I made 2 extra for each of them that they kept.

Hal Smith
    , 2 CICs.

Harvey Haddix - made my first cut autograph card.

A couple purchases:
    Red Machine (Perez, Bench, Morgan & Rose)

Original June 1956 SI that was the first cover for Mickey Mantle. It was neat looking & reading the articles.

Milt Schmidt
    , 2 CICs with $5. Legendary HOF'er & he's 95 yrs. old.

Carmelita Jeter, 2 CICs from Olympian.

Blair O'Neal, two 8x10s, sweet!

*** I also have a number of multi-signed projects that I will post later that I'm still getting more returns and are not finished.

Two failures:

Randy Rasmussen returned my two 8x10s after 4 months with note that he doesn't sign anymore because people sell his stuff - huh? Why not just charge $5 for a sig to give to a charity. Since it was a multi-signed pic, I actually had sent him a letter 2 weeks before asking for my pic back if he couldn't sign them - I was lucky to get them back!

Steve Young, returned my CICs. I was actually impressed with this failure - LOL. Included two letters. One thanking me for my $5 donation (that they kept) & the other telling me that he had signed a card for me already on 1/20/10 - wow, keeps records that long!
    Last edited by lizard-jd; 01-17-2014 at 09:48 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Impressive mail lately...interesting that Harvick signed the one twice. I'm going to be awfully disappointed if you don't post all of your Spring Training in person stuff from this year!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Please post your ST successes! I really enjoy them!

SCF Rewards
    Country

+1

SCF Rewards
    Country

Impressive mail lately...interesting that Harvick signed the one twice. I'm going to be awfully disappointed if you don't post all of your Spring Training in person stuff from this year!

Thank you, guys. Your feedback is much appreciated. Let's see how things roll out for the IP ST this year.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ok, a few IP successes today at ST in Jupiter. Kind of got caught a little off guard because there are only 2-3 of the better known Cardinals that came in early. Of course, everyone (all 5 of us!) wants Yadier but he isn't really doing much if any stopping to sign.

I was the only one who asked Tony Cruz to sign a pic last week that I'm hoping to have Jon Jay finish off when he gets into camp.

Had a nice 10min chat with Teryll Jenkins. He asked me if I played golf (which I do!) and told me to tweet him if I wanted to go play in the area. He was playing Frenchman Landing today but told me he wasn't very good. He was such a great athlete in Texas during HS that he made all-state honors in Football, Track, Basketball & Baseball and was offered a scholarship at Baylor so I'm sure he isn't all that bad. I told him that I will bring my good camera next month to get some high res pics of him in a Cardinals uniform and was excited about getting some copies. A very nice guy who can throw in the high 90s and should get some looks this year.

Jason Motte, he doesn't stop in his truck much but he did today. He normally signs before games inside the ballpark. I wasn't expecting him to stop but I'm glad I had this pic with me. I asked him to sign in the black area and add the inscription - looks killer in gold marker!

And finally, Yadier. It is so painful waiting hours for him and never knowing when (or if) he will stop, that I'm pretty much through trying to get him this ST. He has driven by and waved many more times than the one time I got him this ST. The pic below is with his Platinum Glove Award.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Very cool Jenkins story. My oldest sister went to college in the quad cities when he played there and they were friends. He was also very nice when I met him

SCF Rewards
    Country

Very cool Jenkins story. My oldest sister went to college in the quad cities when he played there and they were friends. He was also very nice when I met him

Thank you, nice to hear from you! Where have you been?

Page 60 of 66 FirstFirst ... 105057585960616263 ... LastLast