Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 39 of 66 FirstFirst ... 293637383940414249 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

i couldnt pass up the insider deal for pete rose either.i was trying to decide if i wanted to send to steve garvey

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See lizard-jd's Items on eBay

Love the Triandos. That picture of him with the regular glove and knuckleball glove is great.

Thanks, catching Wilhelm must have been like trying to catch Dickey.
    The shantz is great! He has always been a true friend to the hobby

Thanks, I love writing to him!
    love the Gus Triandos return. Going to throw a request his way. Great returns as always.

Rick, it took a few months but he seems pretty reliable.
    Love the Peppers in a b-ball uniform.

Thanks, when I saw the pic, I knew I had to send one!
    i couldnt pass up the insider deal for pete rose either.i was trying to decide if i wanted to send to steve garvey

Not a bad price for the "Hits King" who should be in the HOF...
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________

A few TTMs to end the week:

Failure, 2nd time I sent Tony Dorsett a note with a question and just asked him to mark "yes or no". Stuffed my letter in SASE & didn't bother even putting a check mark. LOL - he's definately off my X-Mas list forever...

Dick Vermeil, signed two CICs & a multi-coach 8x10 (scan in future).

Frank Gifford, signed two CICs with $5. Cool that he used black on B/W card & blue on the color one.

Carl Banks & LT, signed my NY Giants LBs 8x10 since I last scanned it. I think this 8x10 has been retired from any further TTM trips!

Bobby Brown, signed 2 CICs & IC. Dr. Brown is still going strong at 88 yrs. old - took only 6 days for mail!

Paul Foytack, signed a multi-player 8x10 that I will scan when updated.

Mario Andretti, personalize a funky custom 8x10 that I put together - took 6 months. I love that his sig always looks like it's doing 250mph!
    Last edited by lizard-jd; 01-19-2013 at 05:38 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

A few TTMs:

Joe DeMaestri, signed 2 CICs, IC & multi-player 8x10 (will scan in future).

Jerry Logan, signed CIC, kept his & signed multi-player 8x10 (will scan in future).

Charlie Flowers (CHOF), signed CIC, IC & kept his CIC.

Johnnie Johnson (CHOF), signed CICS & kept his.

Richard Todd, signed 2 CICs. Glad I sent the postcards with Bear Bryant!

SCF Rewards
    Country

A few TTM stragglers today to finish the week:

Roy Sievers, signed 2 CICs & answered my questions.

Ray Wersching, signed 2 CICs.

E.J. Holub, signed 2 CICs.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks for sharing the Roy Sievers answers- those are great. I live in a Dallas suburb. I don't believe I have ever seen or heard of Dorsett doing a TTM. I have tried myself, even including a $25 charitable donation. That said, he does free (promotional)signings around the DFW metroplex, usually a couple times a year, and I have been able to get his autograph that way. He is, however, infamously moody, and there are stories of him getting ticked and walking off and going home if he gets agitated (so get in line early! lol) The day I met him I was at the back of the line. He was supposed to sign for an hour, but stayed about 25 minutes over to accomodate everyone, and when I got to him he was just as nice as you'd ever hope to meet.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks for sharing the Roy Sievers answers- those are great. I live in a Dallas suburb. I don't believe I have ever seen or heard of Dorsett doing a TTM. I have tried myself, even including a $25 charitable donation. That said, he does free (promotional)signings around the DFW metroplex, usually a couple times a year, and I have been able to get his autograph that way. He is, however, infamously moody, and there are stories of him getting ticked and walking off and going home if he gets agitated (so get in line early! lol) The day I met him I was at the back of the line. He was supposed to sign for an hour, but stayed about 25 minutes over to accomodate everyone, and when I got to him he was just as nice as you'd ever hope to meet.

Glad you enjoyed Mr. Sievers answers as much as I did. As for Dorsett, he's still off my X-Mas list

__________________________________________________ __________________________

Well, it started for me today. Decided to take a ride by the Cards & Marlins ST complex and found a few unexpected surprises:

Yadier Molina, signed two 8x10s. The one below I had started last year during ST by getting Wainwright but was shut out from Yadi. He also signed my multi-player field celebration for their last WS Championship. He was really working out hard!

Juan Pierre, signed my 8x10 (didn't have any new Marlins pics yet). What a truly nice, polite & hard working player!

Steve Cishek, signed my 8x10. LOL, he rode up to me on his bicycle when I called him.

__________________________________________________ __________________________

HOF mojo on the TTMs today:

Bob Lilly, signed 2 CICs (+$5). Made a special double postcard (College & Pro Football HOF).

Dan Fouts, signed 2 CICs.

Jason White, signed my Heisman winners pic after 1 1/2 months (of making me very worried about my pic!). Will scan in the future.
    Last edited by lizard-jd; 02-14-2013 at 09:19 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

nice stuff. also got my White back today. I was wondering if you was starting to get nervous about that Heisman pic. I know we sent right around the same time & i was starting to wonder about my cards if there were coming back, couldnt imagine a Heisman pic full of sweet sigs like yours was. Great stuff as always.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Looks like i need to get my Pierre in the mail. Any other players from the visit?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Looks like i need to get my Pierre in the mail. Any other players from the visit?

Both Marlins & Cardinals have mainly some of the minor league guys with very few of the big names. Marlins had Nicolino there today but I decided to go around to the Cardinals to get Yadier. By the time I made it back to the Marlins they were pretty much all gone. I'll try them later this week to see who showed up early...

SCF Rewards
    Country

Great job on Yadi! Cant wait to see all the other success.
    Hidden Content
    Collecting Michael Pineda, Kyle Seager and Carlos Delgado

Page 39 of 66 FirstFirst ... 293637383940414249 ... LastLast